X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
    i agree with nature boy about the madden demo. i felt like the ncaa demo didnt provide me any excitement for the game. Then the reviews hit with all the hype for it being a much improved game. So i bought it and noticed they were right.

I think madden 11 will be the best madden of this gen. The gameplay in the demo is nearly identical to ncaa. The problem with ncaa is the online guys cant tweak the sliders to tone down the BS u see out of the box. Offline guys have that ability to tweak it into a great game of football. Madden will be the same way

Offline guys will probably love madden. Online guys will either deal with its issues or be disappointed once again
    Maynard hit the nail on the head - as usual.
    Sliders make the game great, but online you're stuck with default play.

I have never understood any online hate for Maynard. As a gaming poster, he's first-rate.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

i am not gonna blow u for that :smugusa:

Comment

• I OU a Beatn
        Noob
        • Jul 2009

At first, I felt the same way. However, after having played NCAA and having become so disappointed with it, I'm excited to get my hands on a good football game. It may have issues, but it wont have nearly as many as NCAA 11 does.

I'm actually getting excited about taking Sammy B and the Rams online. Their offense should be fun to run at the very least.

Comment

• mobbdeep1122
          I just win
          • May 2009

Not hyped for this game at all. The demo didn't do shit for me.

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by I OU a Beatn
            At first, I felt the same way. However, after having played NCAA and having become so disappointed with it, I'm excited to get my hands on a good football game. It may have issues, but it wont have nearly as many as NCAA 11 does.
            i dont undertsand how you can say that. It is the exact same game on the field, as ncaa.

NCAA may be more up tempo and run different style offense/defense, but those 22 guys running around on your screen do the same things in madden as they do in ncaa.

if you are disappointed with ncaa then u will be disappointed with this

Comment

• I OU a Beatn
              Noob
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
              i dont undertsand how you can say that. It is the exact same game on the field, as ncaa.

NCAA may be more up tempo and run different style offense/defense, but those 22 guys running around on your screen do the same things in madden as they do in ncaa.

if you are disappointed with ncaa then u will be disappointed with this
              I'm basing my decision on the NCAA 11 vs the Madden 11 demo, so unless something drastically changes from the demo to retail, I'm confident it will be a better experience.

I play online only, so NCAA 11 is pretty much useless to me. You can get in big formations and run stretch/toss plays every single down and it's completely unstoppable. Then, you can run press man coverage every down and be a juggernaut on defense because the DBs in man coverage run your receiver's route before he does. Everyone does it and truth be told, it's not only boring, but so ridiculous that I refuse to deal with it.

Madden is smoother offline and online, so that's a huge plus. The online is more in depth, which is another plus. Not to mention I wont have to deal with the garbage that I had to on NCAA 11. Granted, I'm sure there will be flaws with Madden as well, but I'm just hoping and praying there's nothing as severe as the issues I just described. Having played the demo, man coverage appears to be okay and so does outside runs from big formations. Time will tell.

Comment

• ryne candy
                Aggie C/O '01
                • Feb 2009

Wasn''t even thinking of picking up this game but I just got a $20 coupon from TRU on any purchase $50+. It expires this month and nothing is coming out that I want, so I might bite and see if I can get a dummy to also give me the $15 gift card Tuesday (seriously doubt it).

Comment

• Coked Up Elmo
                  omle pu dekoc
                  • Jul 2009

cant stop playing ncaa, only reason im buying madden is because i got a free 20 dollars off of it when i bought ncaa so madden for 40 is a good deal, if it werent for that id say forget madden
                  sigpic
                  "did you say cockintheass?"

Comment

• ryne candy
                    Aggie C/O '01
                    • Feb 2009

Not an X&O question...

but how many of the players don't have a profile picture? I read on FB that rookies won't have their faces scanned in this years game (for some reason they posted pics of them getting scanned for next year). If not too many...could someone post their names. Thanks.

Comment

Working...