X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

Elite HC Interest Thread

With the game coming out in less then a month, I wanted to get an interest thread for the Elite HC league. It was running fine before when we had 8 guys in the league until VSN dropped again and we lost everything multiple times. I kept the league simple and left it to just playing the game and took out trading and stats because after the leaguedaddy thing with the other league, it was just a bunch of unneeded work. Stats are online and don't need to be posted again per game, and if I do awards, I'm not going to bother doing player awards, but rather owner awards. So the Maurice Richard trophy goes to the owner who scored the most goals with his team, not just one player.

Some other things that will happen. I want to keep this small, as big leagues for hockey don't seem to work. That being said, I want to keep it with 8 teams to start. I expect more then 8 guys to join, but basically I want to have different levels of play. The top tier will be the main league, and anyone else who joins goes into the minor tier. If anyone follows how the World Juniors run, the tourny has 8 teams, and every year two teams go from the champsionship group, down to next level group. At the same time, two teams comes up to take the spots that opened. There are many reasons to do it this way.

1. Keeps league smaller, and games down to 14 per season for the top group.
    2. New people will have to play themself into the main group and show they want to be there and wont bail.
    3. Keeps things interesting, and gives us different match ups.

I will adjust how many teams go up and down depending how many people I have. I may also scrap this idea depending on interest level.

As I also mentioned, we are running a 14 game schedual (could change). 8 team league, you play everyone twice. With that said, you also will be expected to play a certain amount of games a week. I don't see why playing 6 games should be hard. 2 NHL games takes an hour, so it is 3 hours over a week. Play home/away with each team and you're done for that week. The goal is to stay on track and get through seasons. If I give people two weeks, it is one game a night. You CAN pull yourself away from EASHL or whatever to play one game a night if needed.

I haven't decided on trades yet, and I will see what the game looks like and if they have done anything else to the league mode yet. At this point, I just want to actually get through a season and crown a champion for once. We have not had a successful league since NHL08, and I think it is well then overdue.

Any interest post here. Do not bother posting what team you want, as we are drafting. Any questions ask away.
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

I'm a little late to this thread. Are there any spots left?

Comment

• Senators26
      • Jan 2010

I'm in.

Comment

Working...