• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sraczk2011
    West Coast Bias
    • Aug 2009

Game Informer Preview

Finally a preview with some new info.

The September issue of Game Informer has a preview of NHL 11 with a couple of tidbits that I thought the community might like to read. I checked the website and the September issue (#209) isn't available online, so if you wanna read the full article, snag a copy of the September issue of Game Informer. Here are some quotes:

Regarding Be a Pro...

"Your draft position is determined at the Memorial Cup, and with seven rounds being integrated into the draft for the first time, if you stink it up you could find yourself being passed by several times over."

"...and refined the AI behavior to make your teammates skate better and take more shots."

Regarding Be A GM...

"...Be a GM mode improves with the addition of restricted and unrestricted free agency. Like the real NHL, you can sign younger players to slotted offer sheets or try to poach young superstars at the cost of losing draft picks. EA Canada has worked to improve the trade logic to limit the movement of star players and added five-player-per-team trades. The devs also implemented fixes to make sure good players don't unrealistically sit in free agency too long. Expect a lot more player movement at the minor league level, and like the real NHL, don't expect cap conscious teams to move a lot of first-liners unless they are pending unrestricted free agents."

Regarding the EASHL:

"...to create more intensity for the monthly seasons, this year's EASHL will feature playoffs the last four days of each month. If your team wins the Cup, your games will feature a unique presentation package including raising your championship banner to the rafters before each game."
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

Say it with me now EA

ON LINE FRAN CHISE
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• PP
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ravin
      Say it with me now EA

ON LINE FRAN CHISE
      why do that when we can create ultimate team and call it a franchise where we can also make money from morons.

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

The only thing I can think of for why they don't do it is because of Madden. I remember reading one of the interviews for Madden11 that said they don't focus on the online franchise because not a lot of players play it or even finish a season. So when you apply that to NHL, a game that was a much smaller market then madden, you have to think if it is really worth their effort to make this for such a small market. This ultimate thing is something any joe blow can pick up and start playing, takes no organization other then yourself sitting there going through your lines, where as an OF needs people to set it up, someone to run it, and do all the sims, get people involved, etc.

At this point, I would just be happy with an updated league option. The one they have now is so outdated and needs a heavy update badly.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• wingsfan77
          • Aug 2009

yeah online franchise would be rough trying to get everyone to play all the games, I don't even come anywhere close to playing all the games on offline franchise, I usually play one every handful of games

Comment

Working...