Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

The numbers are shrinking because EA doesn't put enough development into their games on a yearly cycle. They spend too much time telling us how awesome it is and not making it awesome. I'd guarentee they spend 1.5 to 2x the amount of resources on marketing their average updates.

Back in the early part of the decade it was still a fresh idea to come out every year and the product was able to change much more drastically. No longer this is the case and their games are no longer worth it.

EA reached certain sales figures before their games started to lose interest and in order to grow as a business they need to reach out to other markets to make up for lacking interest in the hardcore market. It's cheaper with resources to spend time working on some two bit casual feature than to raise the bar technically and pull something amazing....like a whole new level of CPU AI as an example.

There's too much risk in developing something like that, than it is for them to put in some half ass easy mode feature which will get the attention of people who don't care, yet pisses off (more than EA realizes) the hardcore fan.

What I don't get about this whole casual movement, is that even if they impress some casual fans this year, casual fans WILL NEVER FEEL THE NEED TO BUY THIS GAME EVERY YEAR. Never. They are CASUAL and always will be. Only nut fucks like us and places like OS, TGL, etc, are coming back even if we hate what we see during development....but that's starting to change as they constantly fuck up their games with super long (broken) feature lists and catering to other audiences.

I'm no market expert, but I'd wager EA sports titles will continue to suck for the next few years until they get back to making football games for football fans and basketball games for basketball fans.....not for everyone.

Call of Duty is for FPS fans, if you're a casual newb, just play on easy.
    Uncharted is for action fans, if you're a casual newb, just play on easy.
    etc

However EA Sports games? If you're a casual newb, don't worry, we'll change the whole fucking game around just for you, even though you won't be back in 2012 regardless if you like it or not.

I'd rather my video game be really good at being what it is, rather than being a "jack of all trades" when it comes to it's feature list. EA should continue to suck as long as this keeps up.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

so far the best thing about the game is the Rowdy crowd And the J.Cole intro

Comment

• Tengo Juego
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

You know why the NBA market has shrunk? Cause Clay Bennett stole our Sonics!

Comment

• IamMedellin
          Everything Burns...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
          You know why the NBA market has shrunk? Cause Clay Bennett stole our Sonics!
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U[/ame]

Comment

• BigBucs
            Unpretentious
            • May 2009

Originally posted by stevsta
            http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2573787.page
            an EA dev on elite and why they took the route they did
            I hate these faggots. All this catering to the casual fan is killing their games. Fight Night, Madden and Live all POS because they want to do shit to cater to some dickhead who dont know or care to know jack shit about football. NFL please do not re up that exclusive license. I cant look at the strides they are making in NBA2k and sit and wonder what could have been if they had the rights to the NFL. I just cant.

Comment

• Boucher
              King of EDM
              • Jul 2009

Uhh COD is for noobs, a game like ARMA or Operation Flashpoint are for the hardcore fans...

Comment

Working...