X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

[ALL] Rock Band 3

anyone pick this up and have any impressions?

anyone know whats up with the DLC tracks? on wiki it says they released a bunch of doors songs on oct 26th but they are not listed on rock band 2 DLC list. Anyone know if the new dlc tracks are just for RB3?

i have little interest in RB3 but i still love playing rb2 and want to dl these doors tracks
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard

anyone know whats up with the DLC tracks? on wiki it says they released a bunch of doors songs on oct 26th but they are not listed on rock band 2 DLC list. Anyone know if the new dlc tracks are just for RB3?

i have little interest in RB3 but i still love playing rb2 and want to dl these doors tracks
    I've had it since release. I've played it off and on since then but I don't seem to have the fire to play it like I did during the rb 2 days.

The tracks for the doors are there. I also seen a bitch load of Rock Band Network stuff. Too bad most of it is utter crap. I kinda figured that would happen but eh someone has to have some sort of interest in it.

I've enjoyed my time playing it. Its ability to drop in and out of songs if you have more then one person playing is pretty cool and the way you can lower the difficulty of the song during it is also good for people that want to get used to going to hard from medium. (this is pretty much like the GH way of doing it)

I really like how they've done the menu system in regards to players playing and they have this really neat feature now where you can change who is the main interstrument right in the game. What I mean was I used to have the problem where I'd have two guitars in while me and my room mate play. He would sometimes get signed in as me and we'd have to either shut the console off to swap or literally get up and swap guitars. We didn't do the swap guitars much because we had our own guitars. Now if your in the game and this happends you just press the start button and hit swap gamertag or something and it just pops right over to you. Really cool wish all games had that ability.

I've noticed (and my buddy who has played a ton) that hammer on's are tighter. I'm not sure if its my guitar breaking, rust from not playing it or something else but I noticed things are just a little hard to hit. Not as bad as RB1 though.

The old way of having a band and going on the tour in single player mode has changed completely. You gain fans now from just playing in quickplay and it'll add to your bands total fans. You go on road challenges now (I think they are called that) but it works similar to the way you could hop into different venues like the last game.

They also included a secondary scoring option during the challenges which include counting the number of streaks you get. I haven't figured this out completely yet but its just an added difficulty to single player. Instead of going for just 5 stars you have to try and build up a 5 star streak as well.

Thats all I can think of really game play wise. Music wise they have some timeless classics like Bohemian Rhapsody and such which are just epic when you play them. I still prefer RB2's stock setlist though. The hardest song for RB3 is gay imo and I'll probably never play it unless I have to.

Oh yah you can play the keyboard using your guitar controller. It is a lot harder though because of the ton of triple notes you have to hit. Its different though and can be a nice change of pace.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan

I've enjoyed my time playing it. Its ability to drop in and out of songs if you have more then one person playing is pretty cool and the way you can lower the difficulty of the song during it is also good for people that want to get used to going to hard from medium. (this is pretty much like the GH way of doing it)

I really like how they've done the menu system in regards to players playing and they have this really neat feature now where you can change who is the main interstrument right in the game. What I mean was I used to have the problem where I'd have two guitars in while me and my room mate play. He would sometimes get signed in as me and we'd have to either shut the console off to swap or literally get up and swap guitars. We didn't do the swap guitars much because we had our own guitars. Now if your in the game and this happends you just press the start button and hit swap gamertag or something and it just pops right over to you. Really cool wish all games had that ability..
      i know exactly what u mean...glad thats been fixed.

what about the difficulty? did they add more options or something? for me, medium is to easy and hard is to hard. do they have a middle ground level now? i cant remember exactly how GH did this. but i loved GH Metallica because there were a ton of multiple keys, but only on the top 4 colors

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

i know exactly what u mean...glad thats been fixed.

what about the difficulty? did they add more options or something? for me, medium is to easy and hard is to hard. do they have a middle ground level now? i cant remember exactly how GH did this. but i loved GH Metallica because there were a ton of multiple keys, but only on the top 4 colors
        As far as I can tell its the same as all the other rock bands. I only play hard/expert though and I know my limits so I know which songs to play hard on and which ones to play expert.

I have found I've gold starred quite a few songs already. In RB2 I think I had two songs with gold stars so I dunno what thats all about.

One thing I forgot to add. The scoring screen at the end has changed. It now lists individual scores as well as the rest of the bands score. I know for one song on live I gold starred my guitar part and had a pretty good score but everyone else showed 4 or 5 stars and was lower then mine. Its pretty neat to see how many points your band members got.

Comment

• j.hen
          Self Care
          • Oct 2008

Wanna get this sooner or later. I bought the other two on release date.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
            Formerly ravensownall17
            • Feb 2009

I posted my thought in the random thread. But, the game itself is fine, the songs in it suck. It is possibly the worst track list of any of these types of games IMO. It's right there with Band Hero and Lego RB. But if you for some reason like the track list, the game play is as good as always.

Comment

• leaffan
              Colton Orr Fan
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
              I posted my thought in the random thread. But, the game itself is fine, the songs in it suck. It is possibly the worst track list of any of these types of games IMO. It's right there with Band Hero and Lego RB. But if you for some reason like the track list, the game play is as good as always.
              I'd pretty much agree with that. Most of the songs are one of those things where you say "why did they put this in here?"

Comment

• Pills
                Go Blue!
                • Mar 2009

Any DLC released on or after the release of RB3 will not be backwards compatible with the other RB games.
                UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

not sure why i rented this game. i got gotten by curiosity. i wish they wouldnt have even made a new game. just release some DLC to upgrade the current game and make it so people get more choices for songs they want to play. The track list sucks and the new career mode isnt even a mode, its just a place to look at what u have done. u basically just play thru those challenges....pretty weak for a new game and only a tad better than the RB2 format

the lack of any description of things in the game also annoyed me. cheats from br2 are now listed as modifiers and i had no clue what these things were for until i googled.

plus they should have developed a my skill level or something. for casual fans like me, medium is to easy and hard is to hard. I wish they had the speed and amount of chords that hard has, but with the 4 buttons that medium has.

for me its all about the songs, and these new songs blow and really arent all that fun to play

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                    Formerly ravensownall17
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                    I'd pretty much agree with that. Most of the songs are one of those things where you say "why did they put this in here?"
                    for me its all about the songs, and these new songs blow and really arent all that fun to play
                    Yep.

The track list is the reason I actually like Warriors of Rock more than this, even though it's been getting blasted for being "same old GH", it's like people forget that these games are first and foremost about the music...I don't care how "innovative" it may be, if I am picking between playing Smash Mouth or Megadeth...uh, yeah.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

im sure most of those are on there cause of the new keyboard thing. make people spend more $$ on a keyboard and pro guitar....fuck all that. but it also explains why the DLC is now only for rb3

glad i also rented GH Metallica. at least those are great songs to play and a challenge

Comment

Working...