X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[PS3] MotorStorm: Apocalypse

I'm really excited for this game now. It looks like the previous games with Split/Second mixed in and I loved S/S.
    That means what happens in previous races will carry through to the next, which sounds like something of a linear progression (as opposed to, say, Pacific Rift's festival, in which you ran a bunch of races to unlock the remainder in the series, and went back and raced them for higher medals if necessary.) Evolution…

• Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

So I posted in teh Random Thoughts thread that I had received a demo code from Gamestop in my e-mail but it didn't work. I did a bit of research and it seemed nobody's code was working.

Then I saw this article on Kotaku last night...
    Kotaku, the Gamer’s Guide

The most interesting thing was a comment left by a user that doesn't seem to be showing up now. He said that he had won a press release copy a bit ago and speculated why the demo and game have been delayed. I think he's dead on. He said that there is a bit of a cut scene early on where you see RC cars racing through a cardboard town when someone kicks over the cardboard buildings and says "There goes Tokyo." It's obviously a Godzilla reference but considering the current events in Japan I can see why Sony pulled it.

This is like the LBP Arab song all over again.

Edit: Found it.

Posted by "damatman" March 17th
    I think a demo delay could be seen as a bit "much" but as far as I'm aware it doesnt come out in USA for a while?
    I can however understand why the game has been delayed though. I've already recieved my copy (as I won a competition and got one of them fancypants press kits directly from Evolution) and there is one scene I have seen so far which seems extremely and unfortunately distasteful.

*EARLY GAME SPOILER*

Motion comic where 2 people are racing RC cars around a cardboard town. Someone stops them, calls them immature, then proceeds to kick down all the buildings. One character then exclaims "there goes Tokyo".

Although I know this is a reference to Godzilla, it still feels pretty disheartening due to timing, no fault to Evolution though.

*SPOILER OVER*

On a brighter side, I recommend this as a day one purchase because it is still an awesome game. (Edit comment)

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

im getting it.....love the motorstorm games...but fuck they can be hard and frustrating.

looking forward to the 3D

Comment

• Garrett67
        Glory Hole Monitor
        • Feb 2009

This game will be bad ass and I bet it will revolutionize the racing game world!

Ok, maybe not that great but I can't wait for it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
          im getting it.....love the motorstorm games...but fuck they can be hard and frustrating.

looking forward to the 3D
          No question they are hard. I have no idea how I got all Golds in tbe first game. And no trophies!

I'm pretty much stuck in the second game. I'm at a point where I need more points yo opn up races and I can't place better in any of the previous races.

Comment

• Buzzman
            • Oct 2008

Fuck racing games.

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

I've gotten a code for the Demo but I need to DL it tonight...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                Fuck racing games.
                Fuck your face. ;)
                Originally posted by Jaydizzle
                I've gotten a code for the Demo but I need to DL it tonight...
                Don't bother.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

delayed due to the Name "Apocalypse" and the nature of the game with relation to the disaster in Japan.....smh

Comment

• Herm
                    Boomshakalaka
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
                    Fuck racing games.
                    I thought the same thing too, but Motorstorm 1 with the MM crew lead to epic gaming nights. Twigg's headset and/or connection always seemed to crap out during that time though. Everyone else would be playing and he always got booted, it was weird.

I never picked up Pacific Rift, but i still search craigslist for it every once in a while to see if anyone is selling it for cheap.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
                      I thought the same thing too, but Motorstorm 1 with the MM crew lead to epic gaming nights. Twigg's headset and/or connection always seemed to crap out during that time though. Everyone else would be playing and he always got booted, it was weird.

I never picked up Pacific Rift, but i still search craigslist for it every once in a while to see if anyone is selling it for cheap.
                      Yup. I think that was in the early days of me using a wireless router and it hardly worked, at least with the PS3 for some reason.

I also forgot the psp game. It's hard as hell too. I'm stuck about halfway through that one I think.

Comment

• Herm
                        Boomshakalaka
                        • Oct 2008

I asked the mgr at gamestop if any release date has been set, she said the "sony rep" was in their store the other day and told them it might come out this year. WTF? I can see delaying a little bit but 8 months possibly?

I watched the videos at gametrailers and i have motorstorm fever.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
                          I asked the mgr at gamestop if any release date has been set, she said the "sony rep" was in their store the other day and told them it might come out this year. WTF? I can see delaying a little bit but 8 months possibly?

I watched the videos at gametrailers and i have motorstorm fever.
                          I seriously think those "reps" are one step above the average GS employee. Thy don't have any actual insider info.

I can't see this game releasing any later than June.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Apparently you can order it form the UK now if you want.
                            Motorstorm Apocalypse (PAL) PS3 $45.63 Free US Shipping from the UK

I'm actually thinking about it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

G4 says the release date is now May 3rd.

Comment

Working...