Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Virix
    I see you
    • Nov 2008

Ugh, now i want this for PC. I really hope they just release this new shit as DLC. Im itching to play through this game again

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
      Formerly ravensownall17
      • Feb 2009

With the DLC/PC version being released soon, I went back to this and finally beat it. I gave up last Novemberish when I couldn't figure out how to beat Seath the Scaleless without getting cursed. Finally looked it up, found that I had a ring that made curse completely ineffective against me, and beat him. Then beat Gwyn. So, after almost a year, I finally beat it. Playing NG+ now, about to go to Sen's Fortress again. Deep into the game again...and once again, can't stop playing.

Debating whether I'm going to get the DLC on 360 or just buy the PC version. Leaning towards the PC version because the openness of the PC platform means that mods and that sort of thing could potentially be possible, and that intrigues me.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Dark Souls console DLC dated...

Originally posted by IGN
        Didn't pick up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PC? Well, now you can play the downloadable content that came with it on your PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Dark Souls: Atorias of the Abyss will come to the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live October 23rd in North America and October 24th in Europe and Australasia. The DLC includes a new player vs. player mode, maps and boss characters.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
          True Blue
          • Feb 2009

wonder how much it will cost. should be $15 but i see them charging $20 for it

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Ressurected! I know it's just CrimsonGhost and I that play this and still go to the Arcade (Virix, calling you out ), but maybe someone else is playing it. It's such a goddamn good game. More creativity in this world than arguably anything out there, topped with an attention to detail and design that is just unparralleled. Yeah, it's super hard and douchie at times (I just fell through the floor at the Asylum to my death becaus I didn't realize it was bad to be at half health because WHO EXPECTS THE FLOOR TO FALL OUT FOR NO REASON!?), but man, if you have only played this game for like 1 hour and decided that it isn't for you, you're probably wrong. 5 hours is the absolute minimum I think. And even then, keep pushing. It's so rewarding.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Beated. Fuck the "4" kings, fuck Gwyn, fuck this game. Jesus Christ. Holy shit. Where's the Tylennol?

Comment

• Buzzman
                • Oct 2008

Well, I will finally jump back into this since Seth messaged me and asked me a bit about it. The last month or two I was involved with a big move that seemed to take a month to finish. (I guess thats what happens when you move into a fixer upper home) and was in the process of job changes. Finally got it all sorted out and can finally start playing and buying games again. Its crazy how quickly things change. I was so excited for GTA and then end up playing it the night it came out and never playing it again. Hopefully can split some time between that and this.

Last thing I remember doing in Dark Souls was running through a jungle infested area right after you defeat that giant scorpion mini boss of sorts. It'll probably take a minute to get back into the swing of things with patience and the timed attacks, but I am looking forward to it.

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                  Well, I will finally jump back into this since Seth messaged me and asked me a bit about it. The last month or two I was involved with a big move that seemed to take a month to finish. (I guess thats what happens when you move into a fixer upper home) and was in the process of job changes. Finally got it all sorted out and can finally start playing and buying games again. Its crazy how quickly things change. I was so excited for GTA and then end up playing it the night it came out and never playing it again. Hopefully can split some time between that and this.

Last thing I remember doing in Dark Souls was running through a jungle infested area right after you defeat that giant scorpion mini boss of sorts. It'll probably take a minute to get back into the swing of things with patience and the timed attacks, but I am looking forward to it.
                  Nice! Once I finish Batman, I'm planning to delve into NG+, or maybe even start a new character. I'm trying to figure out which Giant Scorpion you might be talking about, as there are like, a billion creepy ass giant scorpions and spiders in the fucker. Did you ever go to the Depths? I believe the boss' name there is The Gaping Dragon, and it's essentially this giant hybrid dragon, scorpion, teeth-riddled vagina monster.

Personally, I still feel that at the time the Capra Demon was one of the dude's I had the worst time with. The actual hardest boss in the game, for me at least, was probably the 4 Kings.

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

I just googled The Gaping Dragon.

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

I'm really liking this. Some of the changes from Demon's Souls take a bit of getting used to (movement speed in particular), but the continuous world design is great.

It took me forever to defeat the gargoyles because I was doing almost no damage. I went through the short and longswords, halberd, and a couple of axes to no avail. I finally resorted to two-handing the Zweihander with no armor or shield (gotta keep that mobility), and that finally did the trick. I don't know if I'm playing through the areas in an odd order or unlucky, but my weapons didn't seem to be up to par. If I hadn't explored that cemetery at Firelink, I'd probably still be trying to kill those bastards.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                        I'm really liking this. Some of the changes from Demon's Souls take a bit of getting used to (movement speed in particular), but the continuous world design is great.

It took me forever to defeat the gargoyles because I was doing almost no damage. I went through the short and longswords, halberd, and a couple of axes to no avail. I finally resorted to two-handing the Zweihander with no armor or shield (gotta keep that mobility), and that finally did the trick. I don't know if I'm playing through the areas in an odd order or unlucky, but my weapons didn't seem to be up to par. If I hadn't explored that cemetery at Firelink, I'd probably still be trying to kill those bastards.
                        Depending on what item you took at the beginning of the game (basically, if you took anything but the key), there is a fairly concrete path that you have to take until you reach about the 60% point. If you took the key, you can skip a boss that many consider a bitch, and kind of the true "beginning" to Dark Souls, the Kapra Demon, and an entire area. Some people have no problem with him, some find him to be insanely tough (I was the latter...his room is just so fucking small). You don't really get much for him other than souls, but the area that you can skip has some good stuff in it (and is a must if you're a Pyromancer), so I don't think it's necessarily worth it to skip it.

Glad you're enjoying it. I think that it's a better game than Demon's Souls, and much harder (especially if you try to play a mage, which I think is straight up easy in Demon's). One of the best overall worlds in video games, in my opinion.

Comment

• padman59
                          Slayer of Demons
                          • Mar 2009

I had an good run today. It took me a couple of tries to kill the Moonlight Butterfly because I had no defense for its blue bomb attack that it resorts to when you get it low on health. Once again, the Zweihander was the only weapon that was doing a good amount of damage. Longswords seem to work fine against the regular enemies but wholly ineffective against bosses so far. I then went back to Undead Berg to kill the Capra Demon, and boy was equipping the Zweihander from the start a good idea. One swipe took out both of his dogs, and his days were numbered. From then it was just a matter of rolling through his attacks. Killed that bastard on my first try. I think I'll take on that hydra that I saw while exploring the Darkroot area next time.

I had FRAPs taking screenshots, and I'll go through those to see if anything is worth posting the screenshot thread. I might try to record my next session with OBS too.

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

So I'm kind of stuck. I went back to the Undead Asylum and managed to beat the Stray Demon. I then cleared The Depths and got through Blighttown, but Quelaag is much too strong for me to beat right now. I guess my only other choice is to save some souls to get some transient curses so I can explore New Londo.

Comment

• padman59
                              Slayer of Demons
                              • Mar 2009

I consistently feel weak in this game. Maybe my build is too balanced, but I consistently do next to nothing against bosses. Now I'm stuck in Anor Londo trying to kill those two mfers. I tried going human to summon anyone to help, but had to settle for Solaire. He promptly got his ass beat a few seconds after entering the boss room. I've managed to defeat one of them a few times, but that doesn't mean a thing if the other guy kills you. I'll try to beat those guys a few more times before trying the Catacombs, I guess.

Comment

• padman59
                                Slayer of Demons
                                • Mar 2009

Holy shit. Got to Seath in the Crystal Cave, destroyed the crystal in the room, started beating up on him, and the fps drops to single digits when he starts spamming his crystal attack. My camera got stuck at a low angle where the crystals took up the screen, and I couldn't tell what was going on. When the fps recovers I'm dead and cursed.

Comment

Working...