• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

[PS3] Weird error message when logging into PSN

Anyone encountered this before?

"You must ask the holder of the associated master account to help you log in.

For the sub account holder to sign in, you must accept the Terms of Service/User Agreement and Privacy Policy again using your master account."

I have not created a new account, signing in the same way I always do. What gives?
  • OnlyOneBeerLeft
    Fuck em
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
    Anyone encountered this before?

"You must ask the holder of the associated master account to help you log in.

For the sub account holder to sign in, you must accept the Terms of Service/User Agreement and Privacy Policy again using your master account."

I have not created a new account, signing in the same way I always do. What gives?
    I just got it, I think it's due to the mass exodus of hackers... You should be able to just go to sign in and the terms will pop up, click accept and you are good to go, that's what I did

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OnlyOneßeerLeft
      I just got it, I think it's due to the mass exodus of hackers... You should be able to just go to sign in and the terms will pop up, click accept and you are good to go, that's what I did
      Yeah I haven't gotten the new terms to accept yet, I keep getting this "master account" bullshit.

This is the only account that has ever been used on this PS3. This is fucking gay.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
        PTFO
        • Mar 2009

Seems like Sony is really struggling with the influx of hackers, mfbmike's PS3 got disabled with the latest firmware and Sony has yet to release an update to fix certain PS3's that were affected by it.

I don't know what you should do

Comment

• Boucher
          King of EDM
          • Jul 2009

At least you have a ps3 that turns on

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Buzzman
              • Oct 2008

Tell me about it.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

I'm creating a new PSN account while this gets sorted out. For the XBOX faggies who are laughing, remember that I can create as many accounts as I want because they are free.

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                  I'm creating a new PSN account while this gets sorted out. For the XBOX faggies who are laughing, remember that I can create as many accounts as I want because they are free.

So can I... on my pc.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                    PTFO
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                    So can I... on my pc.

I do have a question about that, if you create a new account on Steam, can you still use the games you purchased through it on the new account?

edit: And are you getting BF3 for PC or 360, or not at all?

I really want it for PC but I'm waiting on the specs to be released.

Comment

• leaffan
                      Colton Orr Fan
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                      I do have a question about that, if you create a new account on Steam, can you still use the games you purchased through it on the new account?

edit: And are you getting BF3 for PC or 360, or not at all?

I really want it for PC but I'm waiting on the specs to be released.
                      The games are tied to the account. Its really the only draw back to steam. If you get your account hacked or banned you're pretty much SOL. Its a good deterent though for hacking so I can't complain about it.

PC, fuck the 360 and FPSs.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                        PTFO
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Grif
                        The xbox faggies are laughing because this would never happen on XBL.
                        Yeah XBL is a flawless service

But as for the rest of your post, holy shit! Thats badass, I want it, I am going to ban everyone on my friends list just to troll them.

edit: I'm glad my debit card is floating out there for them to see

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                          PTFO
                          • Mar 2009

XBL is by no means a flawless service, I was simply stating XBL would not allow a hacker to completely take over their service; though there are people who can access XBL database, everyones information is secure, and the only thing they can really do is unban and change their gamertag to allow illegal characters.
                          I agree with you on that, this is bad if true.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                            PTFO
                            • Mar 2009

I'm just fucking with you. They can only access the information of those who are using custom firmware, IE the hackers.

So, words of advice?

Don't use custom firmware, kiddies.

ALSO if you have ANY pirated movies/games on your PS3, you will be banned.

Once more @ MB, they still have access to PSN, and they still can pirate/unban/ban people, the only thing they can't do is access your information unless of course you have a modded PS3.
                            Still, I don't like it.

I already posted it to offtopic, they'll probably pick my post apart :D

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                              PTFO
                              • Mar 2009

Going back to the OP, someone from offtopic said to go here to accept the terms so you can get back on your original account:

Comment

Working...