Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Survivor
    Sporting Spirit
    • Dec 2009

I'm just waiting for a gamechanger in this arena. I don't think the hardcore gamer will ever play sports games in this format until things are substantially more realistic, but I could definitely see them bringing to life an amazing RPG with these technologies.

Remember Milo? Where the hell is that stuff. I want the next Mass Effect to be a kinect title done right.

Comment

• Virix
      I see you
      • Nov 2008

I just honestly cant see any way Id be interested in playing a Kinect game. The promise of games using both a controller and Kinect leave the door cracked, but not much. My kids and wife use the thing almost daily, so its still a worthy purchase for me.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
        u guys going crazy with text here....say what you want....10 millions sold = success in the business world.
        Np one is disputing the success as far as sales go. We are debating the shitty software and the lack of software support.

I guess the copious amount of text confused you.
        Originally posted by The HNIC
        You brought up the original Xbox, and I agree that was shitty... but it was 5 years before it was discontinued, a year less than the time between the PS1 and PS2. Its not like they left people out in the cold after a year.
        It was only out FOUR years. It debuted in 2001 and the 360 debuted in 2005. As soon as the 360 released MS completely dropped the Xbox like a bad habit and basically told all their customers "Move on or get left in the dust." A few third party companies continued to release games for a few months but that's it.

As for Sony they supported the PS1 well into the PS2 life cycle and the same goes for the PS2 into the PS3. There are still games being made to this day for the PS2.

MS's marketing power truly does amaze me. They fuck people over royally yet people continue to come back. They abandon the Xbox after only four years. Then they push out the 360 with it's ridiculous hardware failures. Yet people still line up to buy their products.

I assure you I will definitely take a wait and see approach with their next console, if there is one. As I'm doing with the Kinect although I honestly can't ever see it being appealing to me.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Survivor

Remember Milo? Where the hell is that stuff.
          They canned Milo several months ago. That's what happens when you combine MS with Mr. Promises himself, Peter Molyneaux.

Comment

• Virix
            I see you
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            Np one is disputing the success as far as sales go. We are debating the shitty software and the lack of software support.

I guess the copious amount of text confused you.

It was only out FOUR years. It debuted in 2001 and the 360 debuted in 2005. As soon as the 360 released MS completely dropped the Xbox like a bad habit and basically told all their customers "Move on or get left in the dust." A few third party companies continued to release games for a few months but that's it.

As for Sony they supported the PS1 well into the PS2 life cycle and the same goes for the PS2 into the PS3. There are still games being made to this day for the PS2.

MS's marketing power truly does amaze me. They fuck people over royally yet people continue to come back. They abandon the Xbox after only four years. Then they push out the 360 with it's ridiculous hardware failures. Yet people still line up to buy their products.

I assure you I will definitely take a wait and see approach with their next console, if there is one. As I'm doing with the Kinect although I honestly can't ever see it being appealing to me.
            It was 5 years 2001-2006 before the Xbox was discontinued... which is what I said. The 360 came out in 05, but they didnt discontinue the original until 06. Sony supported the PS2 because its the best selling system ever. If MS had that kind of install base, im sure they would have continued to support it too. MS botched the original XBox all around.

Lets not look at Sony through rose colored glasses though. PS1 and PS2 failure rates were retarded too. I owned 4 PS1s (the last two would only play games when the system was upside down) and 3 PS2s before I moved to the Xbox. Stupid disk drives always went out on the PS2, and lord forbid you need it to read a blue disk....

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by The HNIC
              Lets not look at Sony through rose colored glasses though. PS1 and PS2 failure rates were retarded too. I owned 4 PS1s (the last two would only play games when the system was upside down) and 3 PS2s before I moved to the Xbox. Stupid disk drives always went out on the PS2, and lord forbid you need it to read a blue disk....
              That's a good point. I think I only (LOL) had two PS1's and my first one had the problem you mentioned. In only worked when it was upside down. But I did play the shit out of it and I'm pretty sure it last at least three years before I got a replacement. I actually never had any issues with my PS2.

I also didn't take as good care of stuff back then either, especially the PS1. I remember having that when I lived with a roomate. That thing was dropped numerous times and it sat on carpet when we played it.

Comment

Working...