X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
    my question with a topic that could extend into an actual conversation about two games, companies, and genres.

Gears of war franchise is forever linked with Resistance series. The first games of the series both launched within 4 days of each other and were console sellers for their respective systems. Then once again the second part of their trilogies released within days of each other. Gears has always sold better and more critically received. Now 3 years later, the third of each game is getting released and within 2 weeks of each other. Did Epic Games/Microsoft purposely do this? Which franchise do you like more? Which game will be better? Ect. I just find it funny that after Gears 3 got delayed they decide to release it so close to resistance 3, basically taunting Sony. They even had the same year cycles between each game. It seems they were destined to fight each other.
    We may have to save this one for Podcast #6 (if we get that far)...

Definitely a Topic of the Week.

Comment

• Buzzman
      • Oct 2008

Alright, then a question for this week can be about the Uncharted film and its development. Would you rather it stick to the game's storyline or venture off into it's own thing that is just an reinterpretation of Nathan Drake through the eyes of David O Russell?

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by hackett
        Well, KZ3 is fucking outstanding imo. Twigg, might want to tell the wifey to check it out since she rules the domain in FPS's.
        I'm actually trying to order a copy now. I just really want a deal on the Helghast Edition which is why I didn't buy it day one.

I buy a shit ton of games but it's situations like this, doing a podcast, that makes you realize that you obviously don't buy EVERY game. Renting isn't an option for me because Gamefly is a waste of money for me and there aren't any rental places within 30 miles of where I live.

I think our podcast is a lot more like the Gamer Husbands one, which I know most don't listen to. They are regular dudes with jobs, wives and kids. Three of the four have very limited budgets so most of the games they talk about are older games. I know I for one have been trying to dig into my backlog lately, plus I've been picking up games that are several months old on the cheap.

Unfortunately we are pros so we aren't getting the latest and greatest games for free. And based on what I'm hearing from other podcasts trying to get that shit is even more difficult. You have to prove that you have X number of listeners and the number is pretty damn high so I don't see that ever happening.

I know giving opinions on the latest and greatest games is important, but I think talking about news stories and even giving insight on olders games is equally important. I know most people aren;t like me and buy tons of games so if I can tell that about Mafia 2, Bloodstone, Wolfenstein, etc and help them make a decision on a discounted or budget game that they have been on the fence for, then I think that might be valuable.

Comment

• Boucher
          King of EDM
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
          Quick question and any of you guys can answer this via PM or whatever, but you guys do this all through Skype, right?

If so, what do you use to record the outward audio? I've found a bunch of programs but just curious what you guys are using.

Thanks!
          Ill answer if i get a spot on your radio show

Its actually super easy and all programs are free.

You need

GarageBand
          Soundflower
          LineIn

BTW this is all done on Mac[/LIST]

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Well the "radio show" as you know it might be no more in a little while, so I wouldn't bank on that being your prize haha.

And shit half of those programs at Mac exclusive. I need PC solutions!
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Boucher
              King of EDM
              • Jul 2009

:ionno: :hammer: Buy a Mac

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Turrible solution.

I found a few programs I was just kinda curious what you guys used since it seemed to work well. Thanks though.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Boucher
                  King of EDM
                  • Jul 2009

Ask Maynard what he used. He recorded for the first 2 episodes

Comment

• hackett
                    the dude abides
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    I'm actually trying to order a copy now. I just really want a deal on the Helghast Edition which is why I didn't buy it day one.

I buy a shit ton of games but it's situations like this, doing a podcast, that makes you realize that you obviously don't buy EVERY game. Renting isn't an option for me because Gamefly is a waste of money for me and there aren't any rental places within 30 miles of where I live.

I think our podcast is a lot more like the Gamer Husbands one, which I know most don't listen to. They are regular dudes with jobs, wives and kids. Three of the four have very limited budgets so most of the games they talk about are older games. I know I for one have been trying to dig into my backlog lately, plus I've been picking up games that are several months old on the cheap.

Unfortunately we are pros so we aren't getting the latest and greatest games for free. And based on what I'm hearing from other podcasts trying to get that shit is even more difficult. You have to prove that you have X number of listeners and the number is pretty damn high so I don't see that ever happening.

I know giving opinions on the latest and greatest games is important, but I think talking about news stories and even giving insight on olders games is equally important. I know most people aren;t like me and buy tons of games so if I can tell that about Mafia 2, Bloodstone, Wolfenstein, etc and help them make a decision on a discounted or budget game that they have been on the fence for, then I think that might be valuable.
                    Believe me, I have bought many games from the opinions from you as well as alot of others from this section of the website. I have got into RPG's strictly based of from opinions and reviews on here. I probably buy just about the same amount of games as you Twigg. This year alone I have probably purchased between 30-40 games.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                      • Mar 2009

This year alone I have probably purchased between 30-40 games.
                      In 2011? Wow.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

This year alone I have probably purchased between 30-40 games.
                        I second Brnt. You don't mean in 2011, do you?

The bottom line is that we are all doing this for fun. We do it because we love games and gaming. And we hope that it's a bit entertaining and informative for you guys.

Comment

• hackett
                          the dude abides
                          • Aug 2009

Caught up on alot of titles that went down in price that I've wanted. Probably won't buy but a handful of titles at full price for the rest of the year.

Comment

• hackett
                            the dude abides
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                            I second Brnt. You don't mean in 2011, do you?

The bottom line is that we are all doing this for fun. We do it because we love games and gaming. And we hope that it's a bit entertaining and informative for you guys.
                            Yea, 2011 alone. 80% were used, the rest I got great deals on. The only game I have paid full price for this year has been KZ3.

I understand you guys are doing this for fun, just thought my idea of you guys taking turns at new releasals would be a nice coming from your guys opinions, not what you've gathered from other places.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                              • Mar 2009

I understand you guys are doing this for fun, just thought my idea of you guys taking turns at new releasals would be a nice coming from your guys opinions, not what you've gathered from other places.
                              That's definitely the plan once I acquire disposable income.

Comment

• Boucher
                                King of EDM
                                • Jul 2009

This is not for fun! This is filed under job experience

Comment

Working...