The more I visit other sites, the more I love VSN (regarding the dickbags at OS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rush
    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    CONSPIRACY!!

Lets blow it wide open Rush. You can be the whistle blower on fraud in the gaming industry.
    All of the big gaming companies give free games, interviews, all the jazz in exchange for a quality score when you review their game.

I remember one company sent us a couple games and whenever we did their review. We got a "only a _____, really? after all the free stuff we sent you guys?" reply.

I figured you know what, this is just one instance. Their competitor did the same exact thing when it came time for us to give them a review.

Essentially OS gets their dick sucked and they get free stuff for giving them good reviews. They want to pick their review score and basically write the thing themselves.

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Not gonna lie...

If I was offered free swag and cash to give good reviews to bad games, I'd do it.

I'd give a "Friendship is Magic" (Google it) game a 10 out of 10 if it meant $100 under the table.

Comment

• Rush
        vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Can't fault them for accepting it and can't fault the companies for basically "advertising".

Comment

• BrntO4Life
          My Aunt Ida Smokes.
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rush
          Can't fault them for accepting it and can't fault the companies for basically "advertising".
          I can fault OS for it as long as their writers want to be considered journalists.

Comment

• hackett
            the dude abides
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rush
            All of the big gaming companies give free games, interviews, all the jazz in exchange for a quality score when you review their game.

I remember one company sent us a couple games and whenever we did their review. We got a "only a _____, really? after all the free stuff we sent you guys?" reply.

I figured you know what, this is just one instance. Their competitor did the same exact thing when it came time for us to give them a review.

Essentially OS gets their dick sucked and they get free stuff for giving them good reviews. They want to pick their review score and basically write the thing themselves.
            What exactly do big gaming companies think they gain for throwing small communities such as OS a few small bones? Who really goes off from what a small website says? So, what is the purpose of the whole charade? Mainstream consumers go off from G4, Spike, and an assortment of magazines... maybe the large corporations own websites. Gamers such as ourselves go off from each other. Guess we should be grateful that we don't have a bunch of sellouts running the show around here. I know I am for sure. Alot of solid people contribute around here. Even the VSN bullshit I mean podcast guys. There's my shoutout.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hackett
              What exactly do big gaming companies think they gain for throwing small communities such as OS a few small bones? Who really goes off from what a small website says? So, what is the purpose of the whole charade? Mainstream consumers go off from G4, Spike, and an assortment of magazines... maybe the large corporations own websites. Gamers such as ourselves go off from each other. Guess we should be grateful that we don't have a bunch of sellouts running the show around here. I know I am for sure. Alot of solid people contribute around here. Even the VSN bullshit I mean podcast guys. There's my shoutout.
              You don't have to sell the casual on a game. Casual consumers buy on very simple needs regarding the KIND of game they're looking for.

What you have to sell in this business are the hardcore. These are the guys who study this shit and, if good, will give your game the kind of word-of-mouth marketing they can't generate themselves.

Comment

• hackett
                the dude abides
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                You don't have to sell the casual on a game. Casual consumers buy on very simple needs regarding the KIND of game they're looking for.

What you have to sell in this business are the hardcore. These are the guys who study this shit and, if good, will give your game the kind of word-of-mouth marketing they can't generate themselves.
                I covered this, but deleted originally. There are too many hands in the pot for word of mouth to mean shit about anything amongst ourselves. So they're trying to buy us to sell each other out is what your saying? If that's the case..... I don't see any tools around these parts and if there are, they are smart enough to not try and polish a terd.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hackett
                  I covered this, but deleted originally. There are too many hands in the pot for word of mouth to mean shit about anything amongst ourselves. So they're trying to buy us to sell each other out is what your saying? If that's the case..... I don't see any tools around these parts and if there are, they are smart enough to not try and polish a terd.
                  Here, yes. At OS, no.

There are a MILLION tools at OS that try to polish a turd. I can't explain to you just how awful and stupid that community is.

Comment

• Garrett67
                    Glory Hole Monitor
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                    Here, yes. At OS, no.

There are a MILLION tools at OS that try to polish a turd. I can't explain to you just how awful and stupid that community is.

The problem is, they all want to be the next invitees to the next community day and kiss SCEA ass. Just like a few people that used to be here (were on MM) do with Madden and Ian Cummings

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Garrett67
                      The problem is, they all want to be the next invitees to the next community day and kiss SCEA ass. Just like a few people that used to be here (were on MM) do with Madden and Ian Cummings
                      Exactly. That's how the developer builds incentive within the community.

That's what I loved about MM, we didn't play those games (until we did). If they wanted to send us games, fine, but we weren't going to change our community for their sake (and then we did).

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                        #DoSomething
                        • Feb 2009

It's pretty bad when they announce they are looking for new writers or mods in a thread. It gets polluted with kiss-ass comments, an overabundance of smilies and tools giving their online "resume" as a means to gain some sort of new color-coded name and power.
                        Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• hackett
                          the dude abides
                          • Aug 2009

Just cannot fathom a group of individuals bound together by a website that could be herded like sheep. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Comment

• Boucher
                            King of EDM
                            • Jul 2009

If there is one poster over on OS whose ass i could royally kick it would be CountryBoy that fuck used to be a mod but got demodded. Now he spends his time royally kissing ass and just being a giant clown dick

Comment

• bucky
                              #50? WTF?
                              • Feb 2009

I only go to OS to repeat the same dumbest F'n comments over and over and over and over again about how there's no competition so EA can take it easy and just take your money.

Damn......I just don't know why I'm not CEO of EA Sports.

Oh, and for rosters/sliders.

Originally posted by Boucher
                              If there is one poster over on OS whose ass i could royally kick it would be CountryBoy that fuck used to be a mod but got demodded. Now he spends his time royally kissing ass and just being a giant clown dick
                              Why does a user name like that make me think of BrokeBack Mountain? Why would someone pick CountryBoy as a user name?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

I'm mostly a lurker there for rosters and news but holy shit the amount of ass kissing and ball licking there makes me want to punch a nun in the back of the head.

Reading through the MLB Show 11 thread talking about a franchise error....when the Sony guys supposedly say they're looking into it, it turns into one big fest with "omg, all hail MLB Show developers for listening to us and working to fix the problem...' When in reality, the issue they're panties are in a bunch about was never fixed last year and won't be fixed this year either.

Just let it go and enjoy the fucking game.

ARGH

Comment

Working...