• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epidemik
    Commitment to Excellence
    • Jul 2009

[ALL] PS3 > All (Metal Gear Related)

PS3 version to play MGS: Rising from the two other version is better

Shigenobu Matsuyama, one of two directors to play MGS: Rising In an interview with CVG confirmed that the PS3 version of the game Metal Gear Solid: Rising far better than the other two versions will be due to the power of the PS3 console hardware is high.

Matsuyama گفت: Matsuyama said:

We all versions of the game with great care and effort build. But hardware constraints we are sometimes annoying. PS3 But the problem we have in the PS3 console and power top the console allows us to make our best game. PS3 So it is natural that the PS3 version is better than the other two versions.

Metal Gear Solid : Rising Metal Gear Solid: Rising in 2012 on three platforms PS3, X360 and PC will be offered.

Language is a little fucked because its from a translated website.

Now it begs the question for example if some games, for example madden, was made EXCLUSIVELY on the PS3 (regardless of making money by producing on Xbox, PS, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, etc) that it could be a better game, because the xbox is holding the game back. This is of course (far fetched) assuming EA Sports was capable. I do not know the specifics but I'm just thinking heuristically here. Since they have to make the same game for both consoles, obviously they can only make a big a game as the xbox can handle, then port to PS3.

Yes the game does get "better" every year (at least graphically), but it would lead one to believe "hey, if it was only the PS3 in existence, the game would be better.

Remember this is QUALITY OF THE GAME in and of itself wise. Nothing to do with online competent (which is a key variable), console fail rate etc

I'm not trying to turn this shit into a console war, and I'm a very objective person. So any logical discussion is expected.

• BrntO4Life
    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
    • Mar 2009

Cell processor has more SPUs. Blu-Ray discs hold 25GB of data per layer.

PS3 should have better performance and textures.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

I know I've noticed a lot more games as of the past year have led on the ps3 and are ported to 360. Castlevania, Need for Speed just to name a few. Plus apparently Rage and LA Noire are always being shown on ps3's at shows and such.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        I know I've noticed a lot more games as of the past year have led on the ps3 and are ported to 360. Castlevania, Need for Speed just to name a few. Plus apparently Rage and LA Noire are always being shown on ps3's at shows and such.
        Well its about damn time, for such a supposedly superior console things have been skewed the 360 way for a long time.

Sales figures talk though, so it never surprised me.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
          Well its about damn time, for such a supposedly superior console things have been skewed the 360 way for a long time.

Sales figures talk though, so it never surprised me.
          Yup, the 360 has a much bigger install base. Plus the 360 is a lot more limited, so like it implied in the article, it makes more sense to make a game for the "lesser" console and port it to the other instead of the other way around.

Comment

Working...