• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bear Pand
    RIP Indy Colts
    • Feb 2009

Former Madden producer David Ortiz posting over on OS

Pretty interesting stuff:

I've got to consult with my lawyer, before I publish my blog. But since it's been 2 releases, the NDA and non-competes have expired, so I can tell.

Basically what you guys don't realize is that this current gen was so rushed, they were never going to get it to where it needed to be. The plan was always to make the last game current gen the best one to fuel sales into the next gen. ps4, etc... M05 maxed out ps2 potential, so they were in a holding pattern.

No matter how good they wanted to make the game, it was going to take time to learn to program 360 and port to ps3, but the exclusive mandates yearly released. The devs back then BEGGED not to release next gen (now current) for a year. It wasn't ready. It's THAT experience, that probably prompted the cancellation of Elite this year.

Rushing for 1 year , set them back 3. We made quick dirty code, and tried to improve. Sim was ALWAYS the goal. But that first year made it impossible for the next 5. When EA "gets there" it will be right before the next systems come out, where the transition should be more seamless. We're 2 or 3 years away from a 2k "sim" style NFL game.
    We didn't. Not in 06. We wanted to wait until 07 and push release back to NFL regular season. We had awesome theoretical tech but it was buggy. Because they rushed 06 (think PA announcer), we couldn't iron out the kinks in the foundation. 06 was half a game. The next 3 years and thereafter were spent as a combination trying to *** the original 06 (and yes, you guys ARE playing 06 to this day), and build more accessible code for the future. More "universal" would be the word.
    full thread EA football's new direction - Operation Sports Forums
  • Tengo Juego
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

What's up with the thread giving everyone that dancing cat avatar?

It looks like he's confirmed his identity with the mods. But I'll cautiously read/believe this stuff.

EDIT: April fools... JUST hit me after I hit "submit" I don't buy any of this shit.

Comment

• Bear Pand
      RIP Indy Colts
      • Feb 2009

True it is April Fools but dudes at OS are some lames. Their idea of a hilarious april fools joke is censoring random words and giving everyone a cat avatar. Don't think they're creative enough to come up with this.

Edit: if it is a prank it's someone outside of OS trolling them, but he was able to "prove" his identity to the mods so he must be pretty good. OS wouldn't do anything like this cause it could potentially strain their relationship with EA. Pretending to be a former Madden producer wouldn't be a good look for them.

Comment

• KNUBB
        WHITE RONDO
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Based Pand
        True it is April Fools but dudes at OS are some lames. Their idea of a hilarious april fools joke is censoring random words and giving everyone a cat avatar. Don't think they're creative enough to come up with this.
        I have a feeling it is legit. You're right about the lames too. I think right now April, Fools, Madden are censored right now.

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

So lame if it is April fools, but does explain why Madden sucks.

Comment

• Ravin
            Dishing the Gino's
            • Feb 2009

Has to be a fools joke. No way would a legit person say this.

And you guys don't realize this but Ian Cummings is DAMN GOOD at what he does, probably universally regarded as the best in the business.
            All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

OS staff are a bunch of unfunny fags.

That's what happens when you're a bunch of straight edge cunts who chase tornadoes in your spare time.

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

And lets all remember, one of the main cunts here thought "hacking" his own forum when trying to roll out a new set of rules when you're in the middle of all your members jumping ship was a great idea.
                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Herm
                  Boomshakalaka
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by killgod
                  OS staff are a bunch of unfunny fags.

That's what happens when you're a bunch of straight edge cunts who chase tornadoes in your spare time.
                  tornado chasing jokes never get old

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

If true, it's good to hear that some of the creators realize their product is shit relative to where it should be and how they could have remedied a lot of issues. However, I'm not surprised that EA would opt to put out a game that wasn't ready.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                      RIP Indy Colts
                      • Feb 2009

lol at this April Fool's paranoia. Ol can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man ass dudes.

He's still posting over there, announced All Pro Football 2k12. If it is a joke OS must be seriously trying to piss everyone off.

Announcement from David Ortiz - Operation Sports Forums

I kinda hope it's fake and just some outside guy trolling the hell out of OS and their mods.

Comment

• Garrett67
                        Glory Hole Monitor
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Based Pand
                        lol at this April Fool's paranoia. Ol can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man ass dudes.

He's still posting over there, announced All Pro Football 2k12. If it is a joke OS must be seriously trying to piss everyone off.

Announcement from David Ortiz - Operation Sports Forums

I kinda hope it's fake and just some outside guy trolling the hell out of OS and their mods.

Like I said over there, we would be insta-banned if we did that.. even today

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

Just went and saw what those fucks are up to.

My fat partially retarded co-worker's office humor is gold compared to that stupidity.

ryan36 says, "ya guize, it's real! don't mind me editing the posts tho" fuckin faggot.

Someone should link David Ortiz's twitter or something, maybe he'll sue them for slander. You crazy Yanks can sue for anything...

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                            I Can Score Goals
                            • Dec 2008

What lames

Comment

• Lupe
                              Posts a lot
                              • Nov 2008

fuck OS.

Originally posted by Len B
                              Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

Working...