X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

[ALL] Brink

The next big shooter not named "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" is coming to kick your door May 10th for PC/XBox 360/Playstation 3.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-kVnw4RA80&feature=player_embedded"]Teaser Trailer from GDC[/ame]

Customization of weapons, loadout kits and even your player avatar itself is available; You'll need them all as you struggle, adapt and survive within the confines of a floating city on the sea.

You can choose between Soldier, Medic, Engineer and Operative classes; each with it's own ways to help you and your friends win objectives on your way to winning the conflict between the Resistance and the Security forces.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq8eHNC1IQ4&feature=player_embedded"]Each Class has it's own individual things for you to complete[/ame]

But you're probably asking, "So what differentiates this shooter from the next?"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q21y36x4dsc&feature=player_embedded"]Free Roam Traversal[/ame]

Using the SMART system, you no longer are trapped behind barriers and restricted to stairs/ladders/double jumping if you want to reach from Point A up to Point B.

On the flipside, you're now faced with having to make a better plan then "hide behind this low wall and shoot back when they're reloading."
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m2b-j1Yu8M"]Go to about 2:00 in[/ame]

For those who don't care about the bells and whistles, the meat of the game is this:

-SP with bots
    -MP with Co-Op and Competitive Modes (Full Drop-In support with up to 7 of your buddies)
    -XP system used to spend points on individual character look, gun parts/pieces, improved gear for what classes you play
    -SMART system (think Parkour all within a button) used to get across gaps and climb higher to gain an advantage against others.
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YFEMBFnmKA&feature=related"]More Gameplay[/ame]

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Are you actually getting this day one?

Like I said before, I don't know what it is but I have little interest in this game. It also doesn't seem to have much buzz for a game releasing in less than a month. I can see it hitting $30 not long after launch and that is when I'll get it.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        Are you actually getting this day one?

Like I said before, I don't know what it is but I have little interest in this game. It also doesn't seem to have much buzz for a game releasing in less than a month. I can see it hitting $30 not long after launch and that is when I'll get it.
        If it drops to $30 within a month, Splash Damage is DOA if not having it's developmental team parts'd-out to the highest bidder.

I want this to do well and would think it could make it's bones on the European market after the U.S. gets its mitts on it 3 days in advance.

TL;DR - If I can get the funds, I would get it early.

Comment

• St. Francisco
          45-35 Never Forget
          • Feb 2009

Looks pretty cool...worth a rent.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

$49.99 with free shipping from Newegg. Today only apparently.
            Brink $49.99 Ps3/360 Pre-order. Free shipping.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Does look pretty neat, will have to rent sometime.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                • Jul 2009

This is probably a day one purchase for me. Leaning towards getting it on the 360 side.

Comment

• CCBrink
                  Awkward Swag
                  • May 2009

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CCBrink
                    We talked about wanting to do a "Brink Playing Brink" Podcast segment next week...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                      We talked about wanting to do a "Brink Playing Brink" Podcast segment next week...
                      I think it's a must. I don't see any other way around it. Brink must buy Brink.

I don't make the rules.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

First mission footage... SPOILERS within.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbfaxwiLmo&feature=player_embedded"]Looks Cool[/ame]

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

More guns and attachments footage:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMsMXcgypg&feature=player_embedded"]...[/ame]

Comment

• Handleit_44
                            Posts a lot
                            • Jun 2009

Link: Bethesda goes stats crazy on Brink

Did you know that Brink has 100 quadrillion unique character variations? Did you know it had 4,500 weapon sounds? What about that bit about 26,000 lines of dialogue? You do now.

Bethesda’s just released a list of stats for the Splash Damage shooter ahead of its UK release next week. Get the full banana below.
                            Brink by Numbers:
                            • Number of ways to die – 45
                            • Lines of dialogue – 26,000
                            • Individual weapon sounds – 4,500
                            • Voice Packs – 8
                            • Minutes of Music – 60
                            • Weapon/attachment combinations (not counting Resistance variations or pre-order content) – 4963
                            • Unique Security Characters (not counting minor tint variations or body types) – 4,530,240
                            • Unique Security Characters (not counting minor tint variations but including body types) – 13,590,720
                            • Unique Security Characters (including minor tint variations, but not body types) – 15,775,119,360,000,000
                            • Unique Security Characters (including minor tint variations and body types)- 47,325,358,080,000,000
                            • Unique Resistance Characters (not counting minor tint variations or body types) – 4,530,240
                            • Unique Resistance Characters (not counting minor tint variations but including body types) – 13,590,720
                            • Unique Resistance Characters (including minor tint variations, but not body types) – 18,307,441,152,000,000
                            • Unique Resistance Characters (including minor tint variations and body types) – 54,922,323,456,000,000
                            • Total Unique Characters (including minor tint variations and body types – 102,247,681,536,000,000

Brink releases next Friday in the UK and this coming Tuesday in the US for PS3, 360 and PC. Watch for a full feature of the game with our interview from Bethesda’s pre-E3 event in Utah with Splash Damage boss Paul Wedgwood next week.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                              • Mar 2009

Just in case you PS3 users didn't know...

Originally posted by Giant Bomb
                              Brink PS3 Launching on Schedule, Bethesda Explains Why That's Okay
                              Added by Patrick Klepek on May 9, 2011

PlayStation Network went down the same week as SOCOM 4 launched. Two weeks later, PSN has not come back online, meaning the service outage is affecting subsequent games with an online focus.

Bethesda Softworks and Splash Damage are launching the long-in-development, class-focused Brink on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 this week. Bethesda told me there have been no changes made to the game's rollout this week, and explained what PS3 buyers can do with their game in the meantime.

"Fortunately, Brink is a game that allows you to seamlessly move between all modes of gameplay: single-player, co-op, and multiplayer," said the company in a statement to me this morning. "So all the experience and unlocks you get while playing single-player will carry over to multiplayer once PSN is back up. So the good news is that PS3 fans can still enjoy the game and learn about the teamplay aspects, objectives, maps, the different roles, and continue to customize their character and unlock new items, and then take all of that with them as soon as multiplayer is available."

It's still unclear when any of PSN will be back online. Sony had planned to restore part of it by the end of last week but that never happened. Sony has since said it expects full functionality by months-end.

Hopefully, anyway. Brink comes bundled with AI-controlled bots. That'll have to be enough until PSN returns.
                              So I guess if you're hoping to get this on PS3 to play online, if you get it Day 1 and play until PSN is back up, you might be ahead of quite a few people regarding unlocks.

Comment

Working...