X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

[ALL] VSD Arcade Podcast 8

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck5X3iABm-4"]Another beat for your brain[/ame]

Helmed by Super Sound Manager, Brnt; Captained by Baltimore's Finest, Twigg; and rounded out by the dolcet tones of JayDizzle...

The 'Cast is back again with all the semi-latest videogame news for your Weekend pleasure.
    Just like SONY, we felt bad for making you guys wait so damn long for the next Podcast so this ones got:

Prince of Persia HD in 3D and Section 8: Prejudice join MK/Portal 2/SOCOM 4 in our "Games Out" section...

Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean and Red Faction: Underground are discussed in our "Games Coming Up"...

EA's proposed Subscription service is up for debate as well as more details in Nintendo's new console in "Industry News/Rumors"...

And the week couldn't be complete without us bitching about PSN going down for 2 weeks and some change in the "Topic of the Week"...

All that and Opinions you come to know and Loathe are all available here in Podcast #8!
    Enjoy and don't forget to leave your comments!
  • hackett
    the dude abides
    • Aug 2009

First podcast I've listened to since pc4. Good job on keeping with it!

Comment

• padman59
      Slayer of Demons
      • Mar 2009

Enjoyed the podcast.

Some things about the Sony compensation. In addition to the PS+, Qriocity, and free game(s), Sony is offering to refund anything left in your wallet and the prorated portion of your existing PS+ membership if you want out. They also mentioned that they will pay for fees to replace your credit card if you wish, and they'll be releasing detailed information in each region. The identity theft programs are also supposed to be rolled out with details specific to each region.

As far as the breach goes, Sony has to bear most of the blame for shit security whether it was allowing jailbroken consoles to roam freely on the dev networks or having an obsolete infrastructure on their servers or both, and as such, I think they're making some right decisions with regards to the compensation of their users who had their info compromised. They still have a ways to go with regaining people's trust, and I hope this downtime has allowed them to drastically decrease their vulnerability to these attacks.

However, this whole hacker vendetta against Sony (ultimately over the removal of OtherOS) is also bullshit as far as I'm concerned. So far, it's come to bite the users on the ass more than anyone (especially the PS3 only guys with the downtime), and now some of these asshats have publicly announced that they're planning another attack as soon as PSN is up to deliberately steal personal info and credit card numbers. Unbelievable. I sincerely hope that some of these guys are caught if they try to pull this off.

Comment

• IamMedellin
        Everything Burns...
        • Nov 2008

"Lend me your ears, and I'll lend you my mouth"

Comment

• Sharkweather
          • Jul 2009

First time listener but this is pretty cool so far. Wasn't expecting 2+ hours, but that's not a bad thing.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sharkweather
            First time listener but this is pretty cool so far. Wasn't expecting 2+ hours, but that's not a bad thing.
            Doesn't really last as long as that on the regular but we went on many... many... tangents.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by padman59
              Enjoyed the podcast.

Some things about the Sony compensation. In addition to the PS+, Qriocity, and free game(s), Sony is offering to refund anything left in your wallet and the prorated portion of your existing PS+ membership if you want out. They also mentioned that they will pay for fees to replace your credit card if you wish, and they'll be releasing detailed information in each region. The identity theft programs are also supposed to be rolled out with details specific to each region.

As far as the breach goes, Sony has to bear most of the blame for shit security whether it was allowing jailbroken consoles to roam freely on the dev networks or having an obsolete infrastructure on their servers or both, and as such, I think they're making some right decisions with regards to the compensation of their users who had their info compromised. They still have a ways to go with regaining people's trust, and I hope this downtime has allowed them to drastically decrease their vulnerability to these attacks.

However, this whole hacker vendetta against Sony (ultimately over the removal of OtherOS) is also bullshit as far as I'm concerned. So far, it's come to bite the users on the ass more than anyone (especially the PS3 only guys with the downtime), and now some of these asshats have publicly announced that they're planning another attack as soon as PSN is up to deliberately steal personal info and credit card numbers. Unbelievable. I sincerely hope that some of these guys are caught if they try to pull this off.
              Yeah, we just so happened to record the night before Sony announced all of this stuff. They're definitely doing a good job of reclaiming consumer trust if they indeed follow through with all of this.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                Yeah, it was definitely the longest one yet.

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but are you still going to turn the pre-show recorded shit into a B-side Brnt? Also, where is that episode 9 question thread you promised Jay? ;)

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

The Questionaire's up

It's on Brnt if he wants to put up that prologue.

Comment

Working...