• killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Virtual Playbook #3: Franchise

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUdLS5yNky4[/ame]
  • j.hen
    Self Care
    • Oct 2008

That new Franchise HUD is lame as fuck, the one they implemented last year was actually pretty decent.

Comment

• BigBucs
      Unpretentious
      • May 2009

Are those real pictures of the rookies? Whoa.... did they just get random people to photo? If thats the case there wont (or shouldnt be) any of the same faces in rookie classes. They need to hurry with the OF info. *Stares hard at KG* :SHOCKED:

Comment

• j.hen
        Self Care
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod
        Are those real pictures of the rookies? Whoa.... did they just get random people to photo? If thats the case there wont (or shouldnt be) any of the same faces in rookie classes. They need to hurry with the OF info. *Stares hard at KG* :SHOCKED:
        They've added Rookie portraits this year, which could become extra lame after 5 years if everybody looks the same.

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

The Raiders will never get rid of that "speed first" stigma... not even in fake video game football land.

On-Topic: I'm happy that they FINALLY put in expanded rosters but I'm afraid of what's going to happen to Franchise Mode Free Agent rosters once all the cuts are made.

Do the guys just sit there and rot for a few weeks until a team needs replacement kick returner because their guy broke his leg?

Or...

Do the cut guys simply get wiped from the Franchise file?

Comment

• spiker
            Beast mode
            • Apr 2011

The Consistency and Confindence ratings combined with the "new" player roles look very, very similar to what FIFA 11 did with their player roles and the star ratings for Weak Foot and Skill Moves. I enjoy the FIFA model for that system much better than what they had in the past because it really does differentiate players. FIFA fucked up their progression this year though. I really hope Madden did not adopt whatever model FIFA used for progression.

Skip to 1:19 and pause it to see Haloti Ngata's player card. What is up with the animation toggle ratings? Are animations not based on player ratings anymore? Will these toggles switch on and off during a player's career?

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigBucs
              *Stares hard back*

Originally posted by jfhennedy
              They've added Rookie portraits this year, which could become extra lame after 5 years if everybody looks the same.
              Broski said they have 4 classes worth of faces. Quick math says 896 and you'll see duplicates every 5 years.

Originally posted by JayDizzle
              The Raiders will never get rid of that "speed first" stigma... not even in fake video game football land.

On-Topic: I'm happy that they FINALLY put in expanded rosters but I'm afraid of what's going to happen to Franchise Mode Free Agent rosters once all the cuts are made.

Do the guys just sit there and rot for a few weeks until a team needs replacement kick returner because their guy broke his leg?

Or...

Do the cut guys simply get wiped from the Franchise file?
              Cut guys should just go into Free Agency. I imagine the FA list is going to be much longer and deeper than previous games. They've talked about how you'll have to make tough choices cutting players and that those players may turn into gems and play on other teams, so I can't see them disappearing.

Originally posted by spiker
              The Consistency and Confindence ratings combined with the "new" player roles look very, very similar to what FIFA 11 did with their player roles and the star ratings for Weak Foot and Skill Moves. I enjoy the FIFA model for that system much better than what they had in the past because it really does differentiate players. FIFA fucked up their progression this year though. I really hope Madden did not adopt whatever model FIFA used for progression.

Skip to 1:19 and pause it to see Haloti Ngata's player card. What is up with the animation toggle ratings? Are animations not based on player ratings anymore? Will these toggles switch on and off during a player's career?

It seems players will have specific sets of animations they will be using based on what kind of player they are. I mean, do you want to see Ngata doing spin moves or trying to plow his way through?

See this photo from the Superstar blog for more options in this regard:

The whole point seems to be to make players of the same position not seem identical other than how fast they move, which has basically been the case up until now.

Comment

• spiker
                Beast mode
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by killgod
                It seems players will have specific sets of animations they will be using based on what kind of player they are. I mean, do you want to see Ngata doing spin moves or trying to plow his way through?
                No I don't want to see Ngata doing spin moves (obviously). FIFA has a good model to copy and it looks like they are applying it to Madden.

Comment

• hackett
                  the dude abides
                  • Aug 2009

Looks like he is clinching a terd @ 4:00.

Comment

• Aso
                    The Serious House
                    • Nov 2008

Now will the cpu controlled teams trade between themselves is my question.

Comment

• BigBucs
                      Unpretentious
                      • May 2009

If I played offline franchise I would be ing but I dont. Duplicates of rookie faces every 5 years doesnt bother me a bit since 5 years may be the ceiling for an online franchise.

Comment

• St. Francisco
                        45-35 Never Forget
                        • Feb 2009

Simple too much to even process for me...I'm excited about all of it.

Madden just became a day one purchase after I traded in '11 after two weeks.

Comment

• ryne candy
                          Aggie C/O '01
                          • Feb 2009

Like everything I'm hearing but I'm just not going to allow myself to get it day 1.....actually I might pick it up Day 1 if there is a good release day deal but I'll keep it wrapped till I hear the final verdict (BB gives me 45 days to return).

Comment

Working...