Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jms493
    • Feb 2009

[3DS] Wii U

Like I asked on the other E3 thread. HOW much $$$ is that controller going to cost if I want 2. Extra controller $149??? Fuck!

Say the system is $299 and an extra controller for $149??? and a few games....ugh.
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

This shit is gonna be straight baby thighs.

Comment

• tigstah
      Mr. Casual Gamer
      • Mar 2009

shades of neo-geo........
      i didnt see the annoucement today, is the controller the size of an ipad.....its looks huge

Comment

• G-men
        Posts too much
        • Nov 2011

no way ill be getting this, i dont play my Wii that much as it is

Comment

• theMINI
          • Nov 2008

Looks like a fisher price version of the X-box......

Comment

• ryne candy
            Aggie C/O '01
            • Feb 2009

Nintendo’s confirmed that the tablet controller for Wii U won’t be sold as a separate device, and will be packaged as one unit with the console.

“Both the controller and the console will be sold as one unit. You won’t be able to buy the controller alone,” a rep told CVG.

Nintendo also said that multiplayer games for the console is being made to use one tablet controller, while other users will need to use a Wiimote.

Nintendo unveiled Wii U for the first time during Nintendo’s press conference last night.
            Nintendo's confirmed that the tablet controller for Wii U won't be sold as a separate device, and will be packaged as o…

Comment

• tigstah
              Mr. Casual Gamer
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Str8 Annoying
              What happens if you break your controller?

I guess you'd just be shit out of luck.
              doesn't look like it will be a cheap replacement.

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

wtf nintendo? things gets more weird each day

Comment

• Garrett67
                  Glory Hole Monitor
                  • Feb 2009

Oh, you won't be able to buy one of these for retail. The sharks will get them all and sell them on E-bay for $750

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                    Like I asked on the other E3 thread. HOW much $$$ is that controller going to cost if I want 2. Extra controller $149??? Fuck!

Say the system is $299 and an extra controller for $149??? and a few games....ugh.
                    We talked about this one one of the earlier podcasts if I remember correctly. Back when the first prototype photos leaked.

That was my main concern. How much are these controllers going to cost? I would be willing to wager the same price as you, $150. And I bet that Nintendo will use the Kinect reasoning, meaning that if idiots are willing to pay $150 for a fucking camera that you flail at why not the same price for an actual tablet controller with an HD screen? They can also combine that with the reasoning, "Why buy a Vita when you can get HD gaming in your home and on the road with the Wii U controller?" Although they might be alienating their own 3DS with that type of marketing.

Comment

• KNUBB
                      WHITE RONDO
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                      We talked about this one one of the earlier podcasts if I remember correctly. Back when the first prototype photos leaked.

That was my main concern. How much are these controllers going to cost? I would be willing to wager the same price as you, $150. And I bet that Nintendo will use the Kinect reasoning, meaning that if idiots are willing to pay $150 for a fucking camera that you flail at why not the same price for an actual tablet controller with an HD screen? They can also combine that with the reasoning, "Why buy a Vita when you can get HD gaming in your home and on the road with the Wii U controller?" Although they might be alienating their own 3DS with that type of marketing.
                      It's been said that you won't be able to buy the tablet by itself. There will be one that comes with your system. Any multiplayer action will require other users to use the wiimote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                        It's been said that you won't be able to buy the tablet by itself. There will be one that comes with your system. Any multiplayer action will require other users to use the wiimote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Well that's dumb.

Comment

• Misogi
                          :misogi:
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by IGN.com
                          Speculation has emerged that the Wii U is 50% more powerful than PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Industry Gamers has quoted Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia as saying, "Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50 per cent more processing power compared to the PS3 or Xbox 360. This is yet to be confirmed by Nintendo."

But this conflicts with the remarks of John Carmack, id Software's technology chief. Speaking to Gamespot, he said that "the technology level on there brings it up to parity with the other consoles."

At the moment this is all just speculation, of course, but a few weeks ago IGN made its own Wii U - see what we put under the hood and the results we got out of it.
                          I'm still very skeptical on this..
                          * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• KNUBB
                            WHITE RONDO
                            • Jun 2009

Well it's been reported that this fucker won't support DVD or Blu Ray movies. :obama:

Figured they would have learned.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                              Well it's been reported that this fucker won't support DVD or Blu Ray movies. :obama:

Figured they would have learned.
                              No UMD support either =-(.

Like the concept for the casuals. Looks like someone smushed an ipad and xbox.
                              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...