X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgaryballer
    Tiote!
    • Mar 2009

[PC] New Computer Parts Day!

Finally going to buy my PC Upgrade! Whoop!

Going from

Win XP
    E6600 2.4GHZ
    NVidia 8800 GTS 320 MB
    2 GB RAM

TO

Windows 7
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4 MOBO
    Intel i5-2500k
    HIS Radeon 6950 ICE-Q 2GB
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
    60 GB SSD

Spend the afternoon putting it together. I've been reading that install speeds for W7 to an SSD are nice and fast.

:jizz:
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Boss.

Just realized you have the exact same old setup as me except i had 2 gigs of ram lol.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• calgaryballer
      Tiote!
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
      Boss.

Just realized you have the exact same old setup as me except i had 2 gigs of ram lol.
      I think that's the setup everyone had back then. I've got a buddy who I met through work who has literally the exact same machine, case and all, homebuilt, from the same store.

The 8800/E6600 was just such a good Proc/GPU price and performance combination.

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
        I think that's the setup everyone had back then. I've got a buddy who I met through work who has literally the exact same machine, case and all, homebuilt, from the same store.

The 8800/E6600 was just such a good Proc/GPU price and performance combination.
        The E6600 was pretty much the goto cpu back then. The price jump after was a little retarded (I think close to $60 here) for the extra 200Mhz of speed.

The same thing with the 320MB GTS too cuz I remember it being almost $100 more for the 640 version and at the time I said f that.

I'm holding out till late august myself. The problem is I'm either going on vacation then or getting the new comp and right now the vacation is way higher up the chain.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• calgaryballer
          Tiote!
          • Mar 2009

All done! Rollin like a boss, just waiting for Steam to get me my GAMES

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Nice enjoy!

Comment

Working...