• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DNEUM
    Welcome Mr. Crabtree
    • Oct 2008

GTA IV: The Lost and Damned

Anyone download it yet? Thoughts?

It's been getting pretty good reviews from what I've read so far. Just downloaded it and about to start playing. Been awhile since I've popped in GTA...

RZML | SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS | 1-0
  • celtsxpatsxsox
    Redsox
    • Oct 2008

Whats it about, like whats the story mode.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

I didn't like GTA4's storyline at all so I'm not going to get this.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Yeah, I'd get it if they added another place or something but riding around in a biker gang over the same territory isn't worth $20.

I bet about 6 months after they release the second DLC, they'll have them both for $20 or something.

Comment

• DNEUM
          Welcome Mr. Crabtree
          • Oct 2008

I played through a few of the missions and then one of the bike races last night. I thought it was good so far. Whether or not it's worth the $20 we'll see.

RZML | SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS | 1-0

Comment

• Bomberooski
            #GoHawks
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            Yeah, I'd get it if they added another place or something but riding around in a biker gang over the same territory isn't worth $20.

I bet about 6 months after they release the second DLC, they'll have them both for $20 or something.
            RC Cola first of all.

I think this is a GREAT idea for $20 and I hope they do more of this with more games. Take the basic game and create a new game around it. I would be curious how much more popular this would be if it wasn't the biker game. I think that THAT is the big turnoff for this one. Love the concept just a bit bummed out with the people they chose to put the story around because that can make or break a GTA game.
            I give rep not thanks
            My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Leftwich
              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I want more places to go. 20 dollars is a lot to spend on a couple of missions.

Originally posted by Tailback U
              It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                • Feb 2009

I'm too much into Fallout 3 at this point to get the DLC. I haven't even finished GTA yet, which is odd as I didn't dislike the game or anything. So finish Fallout 3, finish GTA, then get DLC... Might be awhile...

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

There has always been a party mode it's just that the online menus suck so much that people don't use it.

Comment

• Houston
                    Back home
                    • Oct 2008

I haven't played that game online in months, I'll check and see

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

I like it because it's GTA but does anyone else have issues with the targeting system? I hate it. Not only is squeezing the trigger half way to manual aim near impossible when you are in a firefight, but is it just me or does it seem like many of your enemies are far away and there really isn't a zoom? There is a lot of shooting in this game and the aiming system is a giant fail.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kill The Poor

I usually do this. Get in cover. Hold down left trigger to lock on, click right stick to zoom, hold slightly up on right stick, tap right trigger once. One shot, one kill. Next guy. Repeat. Too easy.
                          Hmmm. I don't think I ever used that technique in GTA4. I guess I need to try it. Thanks.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Is MS taking a bath on this one? I just hear that this DLC has sold about 335K copies/downloads? That only equals to over 6 million in sales. They need about another 19 million just to break even with the payment to Rockstar.
                            I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that it ain't happening seeing as the trend for DLC is that it sells big in the beginning but then fizzles out. But this is GTA...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

I fired this back up again yesterday. While I'm still enjoying it because I love GTA I can't help but notice how sluggish the controls are. After playing games like Wolverine, Pure and a myriad of others lately going back to this game is almost a chore. Controlling everything sucks. The character, the vehicles...

Comment

Working...