• Poundtherock
    I don't argue w/idiots...
    • May 2009

Madden 12' Player Ratings: Raiders and Chargers
    August, 4, 2011
    Aug 4

By Jon Robinson
    Madden NFL 12EA Sports

[Ed. Note: ESPN.com and EA Sports are releasing the exclusive "Madden NFL 12" player ratings two teams at a time through August 22. Please keep in mind that the rosters for some teams are wrong due to the NFL lockout. But don't worry -- when the game hits stores on August 30, EA will already have an online roster update ready to transform every squad to their most current lineups.]

Our ratings countdown continues with a couple of AFC West rivals.

Ratings: Oakland »

Ratings: San Diego »

Does Al Davis play "Madden"? He sure builds his roster like he's a "Madden" gamer, and the Raiders are one of the most played teams in the game year after year (no matter what their record is in real life) because of one thing: speed. This year is no different as you have McFadden with 97 speed, 97 acceleration, and seven wide receivers with 90+ speed. Raider fans might not want to do the roster update when the game comes out, though, as it means bye-bye to your best corner.

Playing as the Chargers, meanwhile, is about getting the ball down the middle of the field to 99-rated Antonio Gates. The Rivers-to-Gates connection is always a deadly combination in "Madden," and when you add the versatility of the Chargers running attack, this is an offense that can put up some pretty impressive numbers.

Top 5 DEs

Want to crush the quarterback so bad, EA Sports has to bring back the "Madden" ambulance just to pick up the pieces? These are the guys to do it, as ESPN's Gamer Blog and SportsNation team up to breakdown the Top 5 defensive ends in "Madden NFL 12" according to the raw numbers supplied to us exclusively by the EA ratings guru himself, Mr. Donny Moore.

Haloti Ngata: 97

When Haloti Ngata goes into beast mode, I almost expect the polygonal quarterbacks to break into pieces like when I slice Darth Vader up in "Lego Star Wars." (Hmmm, "Lego Madden," anyone?) Anyway, Ngata hits opponents with 99 strength, 96 tackle, 95 toughness, 95 power moves, 99 block shedding, and 85 hit power. Man, that Ravens D is nasty in "Madden 12."

Julius Peppers: 95

Julius Peppers has the kind of speed gamers love from a DE.

With 85 speed, 96 acceleration, Julius Peppers storms the backfield faster than any other lineman in the game (it doesn't hurt that he also has 86 power moves and 96 finesse). And once Peppers gets into the face of the ball carrier, boy does he know what to do, especially with that 88 hit power and 87 pursuit.

Justin Tuck: 94

Justin Tuck is ready to pounce.

Justin Tuck is a dangerous blend of speed and power, coming off the edge with 84 speed, 92 acceleration, then finishing you off with 88 pursuit and 87 strength. Not bad, especially when you throw in 83 power moves and 93 finesse.

Jared Allen: 94

Take that, champ.

When Jared Allen was campaigning for the "Madden" cover last year, he told me that if he could just summon the power of the mullet and organize his people, he had a chance to win. "Everyone at some point in their lives has either had a mullet or known somebody with a mullet," he told me. And while the mullet cover takeover didn't happen as planned, Allen is still a madman in the game thanks to 95 power moves, 90 player pursuit, and 93 stamina.

Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Trent Cole, John Abraham: 93 (tie)

Eli goes for a ride.

A good mix of size, strength, and athleticism, with Mathis and Freeney both boasting 96 acceleration, Abraham knocking blockers over with 94 power, and Cole putting on some sick moves thanks to 97 finesse. Talk about talent.

Poundtherock @ Twitch
    PTR_Poundtherock/xxxPTRxxx @ YouTube

Gaming Series: PS3: GTPlanet.net, GT6 [D3 Silver]; PS3; GT5; PS4: GTSport; Clancy [Ghosts]; BF1; Uncharted [PS4v]; RDR2 [???];

Comment

• Prodigal Son
      The Greatest
      • Feb 2009

I wish EA would fix D-line so there would be a difference between 3-4 and 4-3 DL's and that all DT's and DE's would be able to play both no problem. It's stupid to see a 290 lb DT in a 3-4 and a 350 lb DE in the 4-3.

Comment

• Saluki
        Ball So Hard
        • Oct 2008

Peppers

Comment

• Raidersabc123
          Wakka Wakka
          • Dec 2008

speed
          THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• BigBucs
            Unpretentious
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
            You're overrating Talib a bit imo.
            I disagree. He was an 89 last season. He had 6 picks in 11 games, constantly matched up with everyones #1 and is right on the cusp of elite status. 93 would suit him just fine. Roddy White has nothing coming against Aquib. Ask PB how Aquib gets in that ass, if anything that fucker is overrated.

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
            I wish EA would fix D-line so there would be a difference between 3-4 and 4-3 DL's and that all DT's and DE's would be able to play both no problem. It's stupid to see a 290 lb DT in a 3-4 and a 350 lb DE in the 4-3.
            :lolwut: That depends on the user and his playbook. If your personnel is that of a 4-3 team then dont pick 3-4 and vice versa. What else is EA supposed to do?

Comment

• Poundtherock
              I don't argue w/idiots...
              • May 2009

The Bengals and Ravens are up at ESPN:

CLICK HERE

Poundtherock @ Twitch
              PTR_Poundtherock/xxxPTRxxx @ YouTube

Gaming Series: PS3: GTPlanet.net, GT6 [D3 Silver]; PS3; GT5; PS4: GTSport; Clancy [Ghosts]; BF1; Uncharted [PS4v]; RDR2 [???];

Comment

• Rudi
                #CyCueto
                • Nov 2008

Those Bengals ratings are lolz worthy. Leon Hall rated 90OVR, higher than Jonathan Joseph(89). Carlos Dunlap should not be an 85. shouldnt be anywhere near that.

Dontay Moch - 59OVR 91SPD OLB

Comment

• Bmore
                  The True Free-Man
                  • Oct 2008

Suggs is gonna be a fucking beast. 99 FMV , 92 PMV and 99 Pursuit.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                    RIP Indy Colts
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBucs
                    :lolwut: That depends on the user and his playbook. If your personnel is that of a 4-3 team then dont pick 3-4 and vice versa. What else is EA supposed to do?
                    Punish you. If I come out as the Colts trying to run a 3-4 my D should get it's ass beat worse than they normally do. If I try to run a power running attack with them it shouldn't be that effective.

Like I get it, people just want to run their offense/defense and not worry about personnel or what teams do IRL but if EA is gonna give the freedom to run anything they should punish people for running stuff that makes no sense. As is weight doesn't even matter in the game and you can just sub people in wherever.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                      • Jul 2009

@ the Cardinals' ratings. Does Donny even watch the Cardinals before he completely tanks ratings or just goes on hearsay?

:obama:

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...