Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

EA asks cheese/tip sites to stop offering content

So basically a bunch of the cheese ebook sites etc have been told by EA they need to stop. It looks like this is due to Prima (official game guide) now offering online videos and other content similar to this.

I know most of us are sim and despise some of these sites but how do you feel on the basis that EA is trying to shut the door on these people just tryin to make a buck all because they let some shitty company buy the rights to be the official guide?
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

EA wised up on yet another way to bleed their customers dry while portraying "perks/benefits" in exchange.

I'm looking forward to East Room antics on a Global Scale.

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PP
      So basically a bunch of the cheese ebook sites etc have been told by EA they need to stop. It looks like this is due to Prima (official game guide) now offering online videos and other content similar to this.

I know most of us are sim and despise some of these sites but how do you feel on the basis that EA is trying to shut the door on these people just tryin to make a buck all because they let some shitty company buy the rights to be the official guide?
      They are going to have a choice. Isn't the US looking to put in laws about posting video game content online?

Wonder who's backpocket EA is in lobbying to get that law passed.

Comment

• PP
        • Feb 2010

From my understanding is PRIMA who always used to just come out with that 1 book now has online content and breaking down individual playbooks etc. I think they hired two jabronis who were running their own site. So instead of competing, they just squeeze out the competition with cease and desist letters.

Comment

• I OU a Beatn
          Noob
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PP
          From my understanding is PRIMA who always used to just come out with that 1 book now has online content and breaking down individual playbooks etc. I think they hired two jabronis who were running their own site. So instead of competing, they just squeeze out the competition with cease and desist letters.
          100% correct. PRIMA has been putting out shit NCAA/Madden guides for YEARS and I guess now that they're going to put the effort into it, they want to eliminate all their competition so consumers only have one choice.

Comment

Working...