X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Ok

When one of my outfielders throws the ball to home plate the other players move out the way and let the ball roll right past them.

Anyone know how to make them pick it up and help with the throw?

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
      Redsox
      • Oct 2008

I wish they gave the controls. They seem to be a lot different than 2k8

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HoustonBoy
        Ok

When one of my outfielders throws the ball to home plate the other players move out the way and let the ball roll right past them.

Anyone know how to make them pick it up and help with the throw?
        As soon as you throw I think it is RT(not sure though) that you press and the cutoff man will catch it. Just make sue you hit it as soon as you throw it or they wont catch it.

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

Ok I got it now.

The bumper buttons or how you lead-off and steal.

Comment

• spidey12293
            Silly Gallo
            • Nov 2008

I only played a little, and I love the camera angle for hitting. I can easily tell if its gonna be a ball now. Pitching seems less complicated, and hitting is decent. Presentation is like NBA 2k9 which was good. Just gotta figure the controls, but this will defiantly be better than 2k8 by a lot.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

I tried to download this when I woke up but it wasnt working. I'm downloading it now. This oughta be interesting...

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                Redsox
                • Oct 2008

Is there anybody else whos not that big of a fan of the fielding camera?

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                  Ryan Luxem
                  • Dec 2008

i thought it was all right. i'll have to play it another time or 2 before i decide whether i should buy it or not

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                  I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                    Redsox
                    • Oct 2008

BTW the difficulty they have it on is pro difficulty(I think the easiest mode) which is why it seems easy.

Comment

• FUSE
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                      BTW the difficulty they have it on is pro difficulty(I think the easiest mode) which is why it seems easy.
                      my guess is that the pro difficulty is the 2nd easiest mode. Usually games have modes like rookie, pro, all-star, hall of fame/legend

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                        Redsox
                        • Oct 2008

yeah idk I read on 2ksports that it was 2 or 3 things below the highest difficlty but idk if its the easiest

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

26%

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                            Redsox
                            • Oct 2008

Damn your must be taking forever

Comment

• Houston
                              Back home
                              • Oct 2008

I hope the actual game will be more complicated than this.

This is a type of game where I could see myself playing for months and then if I play one of my friends who's never played it before, by our 3rd game he'll have a real good chance at beating me.

That's one thing I like about Madden and NBA2K9, you can see how all of your practice gives you an advantage over the average opponent.
                              I can't see this game doing the same thing, maybe that's just how all baseball games are............

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                                Redsox
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HoustonBoy
                                I hope the actual game will be more complicated than this.

This is a type of game where I could see myself playing for months and then if I play one of my friends who's never played it before, by our 3rd game he'll have a real good chance at beating me.

That's one thing I like about Madden and NBA2K9, you can see how all of your practice gives you an advantage over the average opponent.
                                I can't see this game doing the same thing, maybe that's just how all baseball games are............
                                It should be more complicated. The thing with baseball games is that you cant practice or come up with gameplans. I have noticed that if you can pitch you will most likely be good. The thing with Madden and NBA is that there is a lot of AI factors that going into affect. With baseball it is user vs user and really nothing else. There really is no unsim or sim in a baseball game unless you consider people throwing balls in the dirt and you keep swinging unsim.

Comment

Working...