Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

I played two games, the first one was a 1-1 tie, and the second game I lost 3-0. I really wish they would have included controls/more instructions because I didn't know how to do anything.

The computer batters seemed really aggresive, they always swung on the first pitch (of course I was always throwing a first pitch fastball in the strike zone), and I got through most innings using less then 10 pitches.

Comment

• j.hen
      Self Care
      • Oct 2008

50%

Comment

• Houston
        Back home
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by J.Hen
        50%
        What type of Xbox do you have?

Comment

• j.hen
          Self Care
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HoustonBoy
          What type of Xbox do you have?
          A slow ass one obviously.

Comment

• The Messenger
            • Nov 2008

If I read "night and day" one more time in this thread I'm gonna kill someone....

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
              Redsox
              • Oct 2008

they are exact quotes from 2k so therefore it makes sense too use them.

Comment

• The Messenger
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                they are exact quotes from 2k so therefore it makes sense too use them.
                Not when someone just uses it as a quote about online lag, and then everyone else in this thread is using it for things like comparing 2k to The Show.

l00k guyz i lurn knew wordz!!1

Comment

• chazmaniandevil
                  Son of Hades
                  • Nov 2008

from the impressions ive seen............ill have a ps3 in a week or less

Comment

• Goober
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Feb 2009

After playing the demo a lot, one thing that pisses me off is that when someone hits a fly ball, the outfielders run really slow, and then they speed up at the end to make a running catch, it happens almost every time.

Also it is very hard to react to a groundball, unless it's hit right at one of the players it's going to be a hit.

Comment

• ryne candy
                      Aggie C/O '01
                      • Feb 2009

I liked the commentary but that's about it....in the demo it was too easy to hit HR. I got 5 runs (with 4 HR's); won it with a walk off HR.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                        Redsox
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ryne candy
                        I liked the commentary but that's about it....in the demo it was too easy to hit HR. I got 5 runs (with 4 HR's); won it with a walk off HR.
                        on 2ksports they said the demo difficulty was on pro and that there are three more levels of difficulty above it which would explain easier homeruns.

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
                          haha I've played the demo at least 4 times, and I've yet to hit a homerun. I guess I suck.

Comment

• Houston
                            Back home
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                            haha I've played the demo at least 4 times, and I've yet to hit a homerun. I guess I suck.
                            Amen to that.

I haven't scored 1 point yet.

Comment

• j.hen
                              Self Care
                              • Oct 2008

My defense on this game is pretty solid, but hitting is pretty random. Some games I'll dominate and others I'll just suck.

Comment

• The Messenger
                                • Nov 2008

Ah god... I'll be honest. I'd kill myself if I was a big baseball fan and didn't have a PS3. This demo is completely horrible. From what I can tell, this will be a step back from even 2k8.

Pros
                                - I liked the camera angle.
                                - Graphics were improved from last years but...

Cons
                                - Graphics compared to the show are terrible.
                                - What's up with the proportions on this game. In the beginning of the game it showed my bat boy (I can only assume) standing in front of my dugout, with two players from my team standing behind him. Tell me why the players are literally twice as big as him. I mean, I'm talking about heads and everything. I was like wtf?
                                - They killed the pitching. If you got used to the pitching in 2k8, you won't like the pitching on here. In 2k8 you throw a lot of meatballs if you don't know how to pitch right, but over time you learn how to throw the pitches perfect. To me, 2k8's pitching was the most fun, now it looks like crap.
                                - Tell me why, when Shane Victorino hit a bunt that went straight down first base line to my pitcher, he picked up the ball and decided to run side by side with Victorino, racing him to the bag, even though I was pushing the stick in the direction of Victorino so he could tag him.
                                - Everything looks so arcade like. It feels like I'm playing this game on one of the arcade systems at Chuck E. Cheese. I expected to look over and see some kids playing the Hungry Hungry Hippo game next to me....
                                - Batters swung first pitch every time.

I really don't know what to say. This is comparable to NBA Live at this point.

Demo Ratings:
                                MLB 09: The Show - 9.5
                                MLB 2k9: 6.0

Comment

Working...