X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T.Dot
    A Real RockNRolla
    • Nov 2008

Scott Mu' Fuckin Kazmir scored an inside the park HR on me, fml

anyways, I have only won about 1 of the 5 game sI've played and have hit HRs with Pena, Werth, Ibanez and Matt Stairs.
    Anyone know what difficulty this is on?

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
      Redsox
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
      Scott Mu' Fuckin Kazmir scored an inside the park HR on me, fml

anyways, I have only won about 1 of the 5 game sI've played and have hit HRs with Pena, Werth, Ibanez and Matt Stairs.
      Anyone know what difficulty this is on?
      it is on three difficulties lower than the hardest. I dont know if its the easiest on but it they have said its almost on arcade mode.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

Yeah Chad I read that in one of the threads. I think should start posting more on 2ksports.

Comment

• Ravin
          Dishing the Gino's
          • Feb 2009

It is kind of funny listening to the show guys in this thread, because it seems like they want everyone to go run out, buy a $300 PS3 and the Show just for baseball. This game is all Xbox owners have for baseball at the moment, so there is really no point in comparing two games, one of which is PS3 only.

I like how someone said "2k fanboys" but to be fair, The Show fanboys have a even larger raging hard-on for their game. You only have to see this because this is a MLB 2k9 impressions thread that is basically a "Why the show is better thread"...again. Seriously, I think most everyone here know's the show is probably the better game, but for someone such as myself who doesn't own a PS3, who is not going to buy one for a baseball game, and only has the option at the moment (because no other baseball game is made) to play MLB 2k9, I would to here some other impressions on MLB 2k9. Telling me why the show is better isn't going to do me much as a 360 owner.
          Last edited by Ravin; 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM.
          All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• killgod
            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
            It is kind of funny listening to the show guys in this thread, because it seems like they want everyone to go run out, buy a $300 PS3 and the Show just for baseball. This game is all Xbox owners have for baseball at the moment, so there is really no point in comparing two games, one of which is PS3 only.

I like how someone said "2k fanboys" but to be fair, The Show fanboys have a even larger raging hard-on for their game. You only have to see this because this is a MLB 2k9 impressions thread that is basically a "Why the show is better thread"...again. Seriously, I think most everyone here know's the show is probably the better game, but for someone such as myself who doesn't own a PS3, who is not going to buy one for a baseball game, and only has the option at the moment (because no other baseball game is made) to play MLB 2k9, I would to here some other impressions on MLB 2k9. Telling me why the show is better isn't going to do me much as a 360 owner.
            This is also a MLB2k9 thread, not a MLB2k9 Xbox 360 thread.

Therefore comparisions can be made for those that own PS3's or both consoles to help those to decide. Stop being so selfish with your "give me what I want to know only" demands! ;)

Comment

• Ravin
              Dishing the Gino's
              • Feb 2009

My first game
              First Inning
              - I was the Phillies, first inning they score 3 runs but a lot of that was me figuring out the controls since I haven't played a 2k baseball game.
              - I finally get out of the inning with a strike out, and I enjoyed the pitching so far
              - my first at bat. First pitch I swung way to early. Second pitch, right over the left field wall for a home run.
              - second batter I fly out, followed by a infield single up the middle. Howard comes up and three pitches later it is all tied at 3-3 with a massive home run. Inning ends shortly after.
              Second Inning
              - gave up a hit, but got 3K's to retire the side. Of 4 batters only two swung at first pitch.
              - my at bat, I get a pop out, a single, and then this is weird. I hit a shallow fly ball just past first base and the second baseman runs for it and makes a diving catch. Rather then returning to first, my player sits in the middle of the first and second. Don't know if I have to hit a button for him to go back or not. Inning over.
              Third Inning
              - I give up two hits, runners on 1st and 3rd, and the guy tries to bunts, misses and the guy on 3rd tries to steal home. Not much in this inning, though I did notice the crowd looked kind of meh.
              - 3 up 3 down for me.

Impressions
              For someone who hasn't played a baseball game in a long time, since my old original Play Station days, I enjoyed this game. I don't take sports games (except hockey) seriously in terms of game play so my impressions are for the average gamer who just wants to play a damn game of ball.

- I thought the pitching was really good and I enjoyed having some control over what I get to do beside just simply hitting the A button.
              - Hitting was simple and easy, though I have to get use to aiming down for ground balls rather then always aiming up for pop outs. Of course if you follow baseball more then I do, you would know who has power and who doesn't, so you would do more home run swings with certain guys.
              - graphics looks fairly good, except the crowd looked alright; not that amazed. But I didn't mind the graphics at all, and thought as an average sports game player, I could easily live with it. I don't get all caught up in graphics anyway since I really don't have the TV right now for killer graphics anyway.
              - pro mode is far to easy, and for a first timer of baseball on Xbox, hitting 2 HR's and striking out like 4-5 was a little to easy.
              - a lot of con's on the controls, but a lot could be removed with a simple guide.

Overall, I found it to be fairly enjoyable. Again, I don't take other sports games to serious, and I could see me sitting down with a friend over live and knocking out a few games every week.
              All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                This is also a MLB2k9 thread, not a MLB2k9 Xbox 360 thread.

Therefore comparisions can be made for those that own PS3's or both consoles to help those to decide. Stop being so selfish with your "give me what I want to know only" demands! ;)
                But as I said, there was more shit about the show in here then about the MLB2k9. Even if I owned a PS3, all I am basically getting is "well the show does this better, and the show does this better". That is all well and good, and putting the two side by side is fine, but the ratio of impressions to "why the show is better" is like 4:1.
                Last edited by Ravin; 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• T.Dot
                  A Real RockNRolla
                  • Nov 2008

If you have a PS3 your getting the Show no doubt
                  2K should just make 2K Baseball XBOX only because NO ONE is going to pick 2K9 over the Show. The other alternative would be to lower the price $10 less then the Show and maybe a few more people will bite.
                  I know for me, I have both consoles and have played both demos and surprisingly enjoyed 2K9 more, idk why so thats what Im picking up Tuesday

Comment

• The Messenger
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Ravin

I gave impressions of the game. I'm not a Show fanboy as you say. In fact, I was thinking hard about buying 2k9 to do my chise because I like the 2k8 pitching more than The Show's pitching. I'm disappointed more than anything about how 2K is handling their baseball game.

I said fanboys cause I don't like how people are defending a company for fucking up, which is what it seemed like celtsxpatsxsox was doing, but he said he was just asking if I tried throwing it.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• Saluki
                      Ball So Hard
                      • Oct 2008

Why is The Show even being discussed in a forum labled 2k9 impressions, what does the Show have to do with your impressions of 2k9? If I had a Ps3 i prob would buy the show, but i don't, so im looking to see if 2k9 is a decent enough game to buy, there's a whole thread to talk about the show, go talk about it there.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                        Redsox
                        • Oct 2008

I just played a game where I focused a lot on trying to pitch on how a real Major league pitcher would pitch. I got 2 strikeouts looking and one swinging in the first inning. I believe the cpu batter AI catches on to how you are pitching. So if you are going throw first pitch fastball every time I have noticed that they will swing at the first pitch more often. I dont think I threw the same pitch in the same location more than two times in a row. Many of the counts were at like 2-2 or 3-2. If I got it to 0-2 the next 2 pitches would not be in the strike zone. I end the inning with 26 pitches I think which is pretty realistic for a pitcher who would strikeout the side. Also make sure you use the inside edge feature while pitching so you can take advantage of hitters weakness etc...

I also noticed that it is quite easier to check swing then in years past. All you do is pull the right stick back quickly when you go to push it up.

Comment

• Saluki
                          Ball So Hard
                          • Oct 2008

Is it just me, or is it waaaay to easy to pick guys off?

Comment

• chazmaniandevil
                            Son of Hades
                            • Nov 2008

it was that way last year too

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                              Redsox
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Saluki
                              Is it just me, or is it waaaay to easy to pick guys off?
                              idk I havent tried to pick anyone off yet.

Comment

• Saluki
                                Ball So Hard
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                                idk I havent tried to pick anyone off yet.
                                I got 3 outs in two innings just picking guys off on one try

Comment

Working...