X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miggy
    The Situation
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
    It is kind of funny listening to the show guys in this thread, because it seems like they want everyone to go run out, buy a $300 PS3 and the Show just for baseball. This game is all Xbox owners have for baseball at the moment, so there is really no point in comparing two games, one of which is PS3 only.

I like how someone said "2k fanboys" but to be fair, The Show fanboys have a even larger raging hard-on for their game. You only have to see this because this is a MLB 2k9 impressions thread that is basically a "Why the show is better thread"...again. Seriously, I think most everyone here know's the show is probably the better game, but for someone such as myself who doesn't own a PS3, who is not going to buy one for a baseball game, and only has the option at the moment (because no other baseball game is made) to play MLB 2k9, I would to here some other impressions on MLB 2k9. Telling me why the show is better isn't going to do me much as a 360 owner.
    You say that now but its funny when you guys were ranting on us cause we didnt have the "great" Halo 3 and Gears of War.
    [10-08, 21:30] JayDizzle An alligator will kill you the fuck dead

Comment

• Ravin
      Dishing the Gino's
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by houtz
      I believe we have a "hard on" for the game because we have a choice which game we want and believe it or not, 99% of the PS3 guys will get the Show over 2k9.

And another thing, why the hell would we be trying to sell Ps3s? How does that benefit us in anyway? Keep your RROD loving ass as far away from the Show as possible.
      I'm well aware 99% of the guys with PS3's will get the show. That was fairly obvious.

Don't get your second part and why you're so pissy. Must be your time of the month.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
      You say that now but its funny when you guys were ranting on us cause we didnt have the "great" Halo 3 and Gears of War.
      I would say no big loss, because I didn't like Halo 3, and didn't play Gears of War though I owned it.
      Last edited by Ravin; 03-01-2009, 12:13 PM.
      All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• j.hen
        Self Care
        • Oct 2008

Did this shit just turn into a console war?

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
          Redsox
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Next Big Thing
          How do you steal bases? I can't figure it out, it must be different than last year.
          hold onto the LT until the controller vibrates. Use A to change what runner you want.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
            Redsox
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by houtz
            I believe we have a "hard on" for the game because we have a choice which game we want and believe it or not, 99% of the PS3 guys will get the Show over 2k9.

And another thing, why the hell would we be trying to sell Ps3s? How does that benefit us in anyway? Keep your RROD loving ass as far away from the Show as possible.
            Originally posted by Miggyfan99
            i dont see how those comments are relevant to thread about 2k9. Mostly everyone knows The Show is better than 2k in most aspects. When I get my PS3 in a month or two I will definitely be buying The Show as long as the online lag is fixed in it cause it is a game killer to me just like it was in 2k8 and if 2k9 has lag also then that will be a game killer also.

So if you guys wanna talk how good the show is talk about it in the show impression thread and not in the 2k impression thread where people want honest reviews and not reviews from someone who hasnt played the game/has played it for 5 minutes.

Comment

• Saluki
              Ball So Hard
              • Oct 2008

I wish i was a CM, so i could move all the irrelivant shit out of this thread to the console wars thread where it belongs

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                Free World Leader
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chad0034
                MLB 2K9 got a 6.5 in their first XBOX mag review... check out 2Ksports forums for the picture of it.
                fuck.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                  Redsox
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
                  fuck.
                  they gave 2k8 a 6 so.......

Comment

• j.hen
                    Self Care
                    • Oct 2008

MLB 2K9 got a 6.5 in their first XBOX mag review... check out 2Ksports forums for the picture of it.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                      Redsox
                      • Oct 2008

Why is the article painted over. It cant be a good review if people cant read it.

Comment

• j.hen
                        Self Care
                        • Oct 2008

Also it looks like you wont be able to edit player's batting stances either...

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                          Redsox
                          • Oct 2008

yeah from what I have heard you cannot use a signature style for a created player but there are a few generic stances to choose from. I am a little shocked that they wouldnt put that in but maybe they could patch it in the future as it might not be a difficult thing to patch.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                            Redsox
                            • Oct 2008

If online Lag in the show gets fixed then I will buy it but if it doesnt it ruins the game just like it ruined 2k8.

Comment

• spidey12293
                              Silly Gallo
                              • Nov 2008

Sadly... me too. I really have stuck with 2K for three years, but removing the ability to edit the rest of the players stances pretty much ruins it for me. If this isn't patched, i'll be saving up for a PS3.
                              That is probably the worst reason to switch. Cant change a players stance lmao. I would hope it was because the show is just a better game all around.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                                Redsox
                                • Oct 2008

Spidey go read the 2k forums. They are going crazy over it. I honestly dont see it as a big deal but thats because I am more online than anything else and rarely play franchise. I am pretty sure they will patch this up though. Doesnt seem that hard to patch up.

Comment

Working...