Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bomberooski
    #GoHawks
    • Feb 2009

Are GTA: Vice City Stories and GTA: Chinatown worth playing before V drops??
    I give rep not thanks
    My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• jeffx
      • Jun 2009

Never played Chinatown Wars, but I have the PS2 ports of VCS & LCS. Both are worth it. You want challenging missions? VCS is for you. IMO, it has some of the hardest and longest missions in a GTA game, even harder than San Andreas(my favorite).

Comment

• Villain
        [REDACTED]
        • May 2011

Vice City Stories is fun.
        [REDACTED]

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Wonder if I still have San Andreas on my 360 hard drive. Wouldn't mind playing again.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jeffx
            Never played Chinatown Wars, but I have the PS2 ports of VCS & LCS. Both are worth it. You want challenging missions? VCS is for you. IMO, it has some of the hardest and longest missions in a GTA game, even harder than San Andreas(my favorite).
            I really liked Chinatown Wars on DS. I know it was re-released on PSP but it would be kick ass if they RE-re-released it on Vita with the touch screen controls and trophies.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
              Wakka Wakka
              • Dec 2008

I wish they had San Andreas in the ps store
              THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• Handleit_44
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Raidersabc123
                I wish they had San Andreas in the ps store

With Trophy Support.

Comment

• jeffx
                  • Jun 2009

I'm playing San Andreas, GTA3 & Vice City now. Then I'll move on to VCS, LCS & the PS3 GTAs

Comment

• tigstah
                    Mr. Casual Gamer
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jeffx
                    I'm playing San Andreas, GTA3 & Vice City now.
                    i need to finish these myself.
                    funny started san andreas and vice city, never finished.
                    thats what i am gonna do this weekend. finish at least one of em.

Comment

• jeffx
                      • Jun 2009

Even though some of the missions are a pain('Wu Zi Mu', 'Farewell My Love', 'N.O.E., ''Dildo Dodo', 'Demolition Man', 'High Wire', etc.), I can never get enough GTA. It's my favorite gaming series, slightly ahead of Unreal Tournament & Mortal Kombat.

At least Rockstar got rid of the annoying RC missions. I hope I never see those agan. I'm not that big on auto racing & flying either.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Loved the part in San Andreas where you end up in the middle of nowhere with nothing And have to make your way back to the city. A fun change of scenery.

I'd live to play it again but I'm not even sure my PS2 in the closet will work.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                          RIP West
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tigstah
                          i need to finish these myself.
                          funny started san andreas and vice city, never finished.
                          thats what i am gonna do this weekend. finish at least one of em.
                          Finished GTA III for the first time a couple months ago and finally beat Vice City a couple days ago. Never beat San Andreas either, but have played hundreds of hours on these games.

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          Loved the part in San Andreas where you end up in the middle of nowhere with nothing And have to make your way back to the city. A fun change of scenery.

I'd live to play it again but I'm not even sure my PS2 in the closet will work.
                          One of the most memorable things that stick out when I think of San Andreas is the farming city in the game. I really hope there is something like this in GTA 5.

Comment

• Agent
                            Goodnight, Sweet DSS
                            • Jun 2012

This game is about to take over the world. Hopefully it comes out on 360 because as of now my income isn't going to be able to get me a next-gen console

Comment

• Chrispy
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Dec 2008

Take-Two Q1 – GTA V TBA but making “substantial progress”

Net revenue for the quarter was was $226.1 million, down from $334.4 million in the same period last year. Take-Two recorded a $110.8 million loss for the period, widened from $8.6 million in Q1 2012.

Catalog sales grew 50% year-over-year and accounted for 26% of net revenue. Revenue from digitally delivered content grew 33% year-over-year and accounted for 14% of net revenue, driven by offerings for the Sid Meier’s Civilization franchise, the Grand Theft Auto franchise, the Max Payne franchise, NBA 2K12, and Red Dead Redemption.

Publisher boss Strauss Zelnick opened the investor call by calling the results “below expectation”.

Max Payne 3 has now sold-in more than 3 million units to date. New DLC will extend into the autumn.

Borlanderland 2 pre-orders third highest in Take-Two’s history, behind only GTA IV and GTA San Andreas.

Grand Theft Auto V is making “substantial progress,” it was said in the call.

Grand Theft Auto V has remained a steadfast "TBA" in Take-Two's Q1 2013 financial release today, but the publisher assu…

Comment

• Handleit_44
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

Link: Rockstar Updates Old GTA San Andreas Site

An old viral website for GTA: San Andreas has been updated by Rockstar, leading to speculation that viral marketing for GTA V could be about to begin.

The Epsilon program site has been live since GTA: San Andreas launched back in 2004, but hasn't seen any updates in years. Checking the site today reveals the same promises of power for money it's always had, alongside a Twitter feed that wasn't there before July 24.

Only two tweets have been sent so far, one on July 25 and the other on July 30. The first reads "We as a people have consistently got things backwards. #KIFFLOM", while the second says "Seeking without paying is not living, it is living on the cheap. #KIFFLOM".

Checking out the other viral sites registered back when San Andreas released shows that none of them have been updated, though www.westcoastraplegends.com now sends you straight through to Rockstar's main site.

Despite Take Two yesterday refusing to be drawn on a release date for the game, they did say that "substantial progress" was being made. If the marketing machine is starting to fire up, then hopefully we won't have too long to go before more concrete launch details appear.

Comment

Working...