X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bomberooski
    #GoHawks
    • Feb 2009

Dynasty help for creative people

So my buddies and I are looking to take our OD to the next level by getting creative with some stuff. Here's two things we want to change. Looking for any suggestions on these two items or stuff you've done in your OD to spice it up.

1) Extra training points.

The post season training is cool but as everyone knows it just seems completely random and not accurate as to who deserves increases and what stats improve. So we're going to set up a sort of reward scale during the season that will allow you to accrue points to use on players stats after the season is done. No idea how many points to be given out or how we will allow the points to be allotted to players but this could be kind of a fun way to improve some of the stats your players deserve to get upgraded.

Looking at giving points for wins, POTW, 1000 yards rushing in season, 3000 passing, 2000 passing with 1000 rushing, player wins an award, bowl game, bowl win, National Championship. (needing some ideas for stuff that earns you points)

2) Discipline

I always love a good suspension. So we're trying to figure out a way to incorporate this. So for school discipline this is my weird idea. After advancing each week you go to www.random.org and set it up to generate a number 1-100 for each of our teams. If the number is 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99 then that team suffers a suspension of sorts. This is were I get real weird with it but I like it. Next generated number is 1-72 (or whatever the maximum roster size is). THAT number is the player suspended (in the roster sorted by overall ranking and you just count down however many players the number is). I don't know what you do for the length of suspension or how to see how many guys get suspended if you get dinged. Just spitballing here.

Just looking to add some stuff to keep Dynasty mode fresh.
    I give rep not thanks
    My Audio Blog (Whoring)
  • ThunderHorse
    Grind.
    • Nov 2008

#2 jumps out at me because NCAA used to have this.

I'm sure they'll add it within the next 3 years and act like it's a new addition.

Comment

• Bomberooski
      #GoHawks
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThunderHorse
      #2 jumps out at me because NCAA used to have this.

I'm sure they'll add it within the next 3 years and act like it's a new addition.
      Yeah, I used to like that feature. And you're right, it'll be back as something "BRAND NEW!!"
      I give rep not thanks
      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

Or the "You asked for it fans, so we are going to give it to you" as if they read all the "wish lists" of people who never played years before.

Also with the suspension thing, you and your friends at the start of the season could come up with a list of 10-20 suspensions, and then give them a game number. Have a good amount of them just 1 game, but also have a 3-4-5 gamer. So like of 20, 15 are 1 games, 2 are 2 games, 2 are 3 and 1 is 5. Then just use random.org again with numbers 1-20 and whatever comes up first is what they get. So then everything is random, team it happens to, player it happens to and suspension they get.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Bomberooski
          #GoHawks
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
          Or the "You asked for it fans, so we are going to give it to you" as if they read all the "wish lists" of people who never played years before.

Also with the suspension thing, you and your friends at the start of the season could come up with a list of 10-20 suspensions, and then give them a game number. Have a good amount of them just 1 game, but also have a 3-4-5 gamer. So like of 20, 15 are 1 games, 2 are 2 games, 2 are 3 and 1 is 5. Then just use random.org again with numbers 1-20 and whatever comes up first is what they get. So then everything is random, team it happens to, player it happens to and suspension they get.
          Love it. That's a solid call.
          I give rep not thanks
          My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Realist
            • Mar 2009

I thought they took out discipline because the NCAA didn't like the "negative" light it shined on the NCAA. Isn't that why you can't celebrate, like high step, when in the open field? (if you can do it, I dont know how)

Comment

• Sportsbuck
              Buckeye For Life
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Realist
              I thought they took out discipline because the NCAA didn't like the "negative" light it shined on the NCAA. Isn't that why you can't celebrate, like high step, when in the open field? (if you can do it, I dont know how)
              IDK the validity of that, but they never took it out (It's still on the most recent PS2 versions), they just never added it into this-gen.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                RIP West
                • Jul 2009

Discipline was never an issue for NCAA, but the mascot celebrations were (new penalties in real life this year reflect this). In NCAA 2004 there was also a cut scene of fans tearing down the field goal posts, but a developer said they had to take that out before launch.

Comment

• Realist
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                  IDK the validity of that, but they never took it out (It's still on the most recent PS2 versions), they just never added it into this-gen.
                  You could do it last year. it was the circle (PS3) button.

Comment

• jms493
                    • Feb 2009

Players progress too fast IMO...adding more points will fill your league with a bunch of freaks....which sucks.

Comment

Working...