• FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

NCAA 10 Update 3/2/09

Awesome news!
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

In theory it should balance out the passing game. Last year it was far to easy to toast another teams #1 DB with your scrub WR because the way the ratings/game were programmed together. With all this new stuff it should balance things out a lot....if it works as planned. It should bring back balance. Should also make for some interesting strategies on the outside in 3rd and short situtions and on blitzing downs.

Comment

• BDawg35
      Murkin' n doin' time
      • Feb 2009

All I ask is that it plays as much like real football as is possible in a video game. I recognize there are limitations in a video game, but crap like the horrendous pursuit angles of '08 and '09 are fixable if someone cares to put in a little extra effort.

As always, I'm reserving judgment until my grubby little mitts are clutching this game.

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by CLW
        Agreed. However, I bolded the key words in your post "In theory". Lots of the stuff looks great year in and year out while EA is controlling what you see/read. The problems ALWAYS come out though once we the "hard core" gaming community get a hold of the game.

I hope/pray some defensive balance returns in NCAA 10. I mean yes you see shoot outs in the Big XII but I don't even think it is possible in NCAA 09 to see a 3-2 score like there was in the SEC. The game should be balanced to where both are possible depending on the teams strengths/weaknesses.
        Agree with you 110%

Comment

• ChemTheThriller
          ZzZing w/ the fishes
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BDawg35
          All I ask is that it plays as much like real football as is possible in a video game. I recognize there are limitations in a video game, but crap like the horrendous pursuit angles of '08 and '09 are fixable if someone cares to put in a little extra effort.

As always, I'm reserving judgment until my grubby little mitts are clutching this game.
          Hey! it's BDawg!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          Formerly known as Peppers90
          back in the 808

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hellisan
            when he says "except for defensive matchups..." What exactly is he referring to? The very last section?
            If you go to the blog itself there is an defensive assignment/matchup section. That is not in NCAA.

For any that aren't totally familiar with this feature, in a nutshell it allows you to assign a defender to ALWAYS shadow a specific receiver around the field. So if someone is moving Randy Moss all over the place and you can't keep track of him, then you can assign your best defender to always keep him covered. I am not really going to dwell on this feature too much as it did exist in the PS2/Xbox days, but I did want to mention that we finally have it back (and it sure feels good to have back). Also of note - this is a Madden only feature.
            Last edited by FirstTimer; 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• krulmichael
              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
              • Feb 2009

Definitely sounds good (especially Madden), I do wish that they would bring over the Defensive Matchups to NCAA, but they never had them for the PS2/XBox versions either, so I'll live.

Twitch Channel
              http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
              Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
              Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
              Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
              Season V: 2-1

Comment

• BDawg35
                Murkin' n doin' time
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Peppers90
                Hey! it's BDawg!
                Hey! It's Peppers90!

Comment

• Len B
                  :moonwalk:
                  • Oct 2008

Honestly, if they just fixed a couple of things I think the game would be in my system year round:

1) CPU throws the deep ball
                  2) Secondary can actually keep up with WR's
                  3) Defense can actually get sacks
                  4) Speed halfbacks aren't unstoppable

I know some people were able to get sacks, but I never was able to get a consistent pass rush with blitzes. If I got sacks, it was always with the RE.

Comment

Working...