X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

[ALL] WWE Wrestlefest Coming to iOS Devices Tuesday

A remake of the CLASSIC arcade WWF Wrestlefest from decades ago will include some new wrestlers plus some old school guys in the mobile edition. Seems like it will only be available for Apple devices, though.

Returning after more than 20 years, the arcade classic WWF WrestleFest will be rechristened WWE Wrestlefest when it releases next Tuesday for all iOS devices.

Legends from the 2D arcade title such as Jake The Snake Roberts and the late Randy “Macho Man” Savage will join modern stars such as John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Randy Orton, according to a news release from THQ. The game will feature arena settings including Raw, SmackDown and Royal Rumble, as well as the cherished Saturday Night’s Main Event.

The game promises new downloadable content every 30 days to introduce additional WWE superstars and venues from past and present. Match types mentioned include steel cage, tag team and Royal Rumble. Multiplayer will be offered via Apple Game Center.
    Returning after more than 20 years, the arcade classic WWF WrestleFest will be rechristened WWE Wrestlefest when it releases next Tuesday for all iOS devices. Legends from the 2D arcade title such as Jake The Snake Roberts and the late Randy “Macho Man” Savage will join modern stars such as John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Stone […]

• FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

I may get flak for this and just to be fair I didn't really grow up with this game but I don't think it aged well at all.

There's an arcade place by me that has the original cabinet of it and while I play it all the time, it's just not that fluid.

I understand the history of the game and how it was a quantum leap from it's predecessors, still though I couldn't help but be a little disappointed playing it in 2011.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Haven't played it in forever and probably last played a rom of it at least 5 years ago. Remember having so much fun with it...the tag tournament (leading to Dibiase I think), the entrances, cutscenes and a fun roster.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

The entrances and cutscenes are awesome, can't lie.

I'll always be more of a fan of WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy. That's what I grew up on and they are still by and large the most complete, fundamentally sound wrestling games since they've taken a huge step back in recent years.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTwyXbkD4k"]WWE WrestleFest - Out Now! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...