Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

beat the game

I a pussy bitch and didnt kill anyone, even though I want to kill sammy or w/e his name is. I was pissed about killing Sinclair, guy was a beast.

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

alot of my shooter buddies are saying this game is a real let down. the census seems to be that playing as a big daddy is not fun and very clunky

what do u guys think?

Comment

• Leftwich
        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
        alot of my shooter buddies are saying this game is a real let down. the census seems to be that playing as a big daddy is not fun and very clunky

what do u guys think?
        Its aight. I would give this game a 7/10 so far.

Originally posted by Tailback U
        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

what do u guys think?
          I would agree with that. Gameplay was better than the original, but the story was a big letdown.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Agreed. I'm about half way done and yeah, while it's still a great game it pales in comparison to the first one.

The atmosphere and story in this one is severely lacking and really hit home my idea that they should've done a prequel as opposed to going 10 years ahead.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Thoughts on the plot, containing a lot of spoilers

The story really was a huge let down for me, there was no plot twist, and most of the characters really were not interesting at all. The only characters that I found interesting were Sinclair (I'm pissed you had to kill him. Everyone expected him to eventually back stab Delta but he sacrificed himself for Delta and Elanor in the end) and Gil Alexander (the beginning of FF was the best part of the game) I thought for sure you'd meet Gil face to face eventually and have a nice boss battle, instead he was a giant worm in a tube that you flip a switch to kill. Lame!

Sophia Lamb wasn't on the same level as Andrew Ryan, and Elanor was cute at first, but after she became a Big Sister in the blink of an eye it was pretty lame.

Comment

• Buzzman
                • Oct 2008

Thoughts as well, with spoilers

I felt the game accomplished everything up to standard considering the original. I mean they could never top that game. What they did though was pretty damn good, to where if this was the Bioshock 1 it woulda been easily a 9. The audio diarires were the best part. They provided great stuff not only to this story but to Bioshock 1 as well. Seeing a not cocky Andrew Ryan was kinda cool, also it sucked there was only one of Fontaine. Woulda loved to hear more from him.

Big Sisters were pretty cool, but kinda easy. The other ones though felt strange to be there. There was the big guy, the Rosies, the alpha series? and shit where the hell did they come from. And there were so many.

The tone of Rapture felt different as well. It wasnt scary at all, the 1st one I was jumping all around this one went by just went on cruise control. The characters are a whole new monster. Bioshock 1's characters were amazing. Each one was unique and had a crazy personality in them. This is really like someone said Sinclair was sweet( I too was waiting for him to betray me) I liked Lamb's audio tapes but not her real life character.

I thought the research change was a pain in the ass. Ididnt mind taking pictures in the 1st one but actually having to switch to the camera press record shoot all these shit at ti was more of a chore.

Hacking was a lot funner and more of a challenge as the game went on, but I get missed when I mess up and all the bots went for me. Unlike the 1st one I actually didnt hack some things cause I didnt want to risk it.

Onto the guns and plasmids, I really liked the guns they had. The rivet and machine gun was sweet. One thing that pissed me off was they showed the thompson/ppsh so many times and didnt let you have it. The drill was fun though, I never did the spinning part but the feeze then super bash was my go to move. Plasmids were basically the same, winter blast was my go to one.

I'll write a nice review later, just some of my thoughts on the game

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                  True Blue
                  • Feb 2009

what do u guys think?
                  i dont find it disappointing, but i could see how people might. i think they really cleaned up a lot of things from the first game and made it a lot better, like being able to duel wield guns/plasmids, hacking and researching with the camera among other things. i think whats gone from the first game is the "wow" factor it had. people have already been to rapture and know what to expect so the whole aspect of exploring rapture and uncovering what it really is, is gone. it really is a lot more of the same (with upgrades) but for people who love bioshock that shouldn't really be a problem. granted im not even halfway through the game, but from someone who loved the first bioshock i really enjoy this one as well.

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

I beat it last night and it basically told me what I knew going in:

They should have never made a sequel to BioShock. Should have just left it alone. It's a modern classic and nothing anyone not named Irrational can do will live up to it. And Irrational won't do a sequel to it, so yeah.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but it just felt like any other typical run-of-the-mill shooter. And the story was wildly disappointing particular with the missed opportunity of the main villain being:

a polar ideological opposite of Andrew Ryan. A lot of potential there that just fell flat.

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by GiantsBlue76
                      I read the review in Game Informer, and they said the last few hours of game play are the best. So those who are a bit disappionted and haven't finished the game, maybe the best is yet to come.
                      I've only gotten to play a little of it and I enjoyed it. I liked the 1st game so I'm sure I'll like this one. My biggest problem with it is you're supposed to be a Big Daddy, you shouldn't be that easy to kill, but you are.
                      It seems like you're so much easier to kill this time than Bioshock 1. Which yeah, doesn't make sense.

Like other said it just feels like an action game, run of the mill shooter. Not the horror FPS genre bending game the original was.

I haven't finished yet so I'll hold off on giving too many opinions just yet.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                        True Blue
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Griswald
                        Hmmm... I'm playing the PS3 version and I'm noticing a lot of bad pixelation in flames, mist, electricity, and fog. There was a part I played tonight, towards the end of the game where there's a big batch of fog and it was nothing more than a group of tiny gray squares... yuk.

I'm guessing people playing on 360 aren't noticing this?
                        they are just as bad in both versions. the graphics arent impressive from a technical standpoint thats for sure but the incredible art direction and style make up for it IMO.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Yeah Griswald, I didn't notice that with the 360 version.

Comment

• Buzzman
                            • Oct 2008

i reviewed the game here if anyone wants to read it.

Comment

• MrBill
                              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                              • Feb 2009

I'm still plugging along with the game, probably about halfway through at this point. I agree that a prequel would have been better than a sequel. I would have liked to have seen the story when the splicers were first starting take hold of Rapture.

Comment

• T.Dot
                                A Real RockNRolla
                                • Nov 2008

just copped this
                                will see how it is

Comment

Working...