X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
    I'm still plugging along with the game, probably about halfway through at this point. I agree that a prequel would have been better than a sequel. I would have liked to have seen the story when the splicers were first starting take hold of Rapture.
    Just in case, although anyone who has even started the game will know what I am talking about.

I agree. Or even just give us some time to play as the Daddy in pre-destruction Rapture. I was so psyched when the game began with you running through a dining area with non-splicers. Then it was over, just like that. So much potential there but still, at the end of the day, I kind of wish they had just left BioShock alone.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

about the possibility of a prequel..

doesnt it seem a given the next game will revolve around Eleanor? idk how you could make a prequel out of that

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

I finished it up last night. Not going to give any spoilers but I thought the end was a little anti-climactic. There was some really solid action in the last 2 levels and I thought they helped make up for some of the earlier levels that were a little disappointing. I'd give the game 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Definitely worth playing but I am going to trade it in for MLB '10 The Show on Tuesday.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Yeah I felt the same way Bill. The game was FINALLY starting to build up... then... OVER. It just felt rushed towards the end.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• T.Dot
            A Real RockNRolla
            • Nov 2008

how long is the story roughly?

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Agree with both of you. It also doesn't help that all of the, for lack of a better word, magic of Rapture was just gone for me. This became just like every other shooter for me. Go to point A, kill stuff, guard point B from stuff, go to point C and kill again.

BioShock wasn't nearly as indepth as say, System Shock 2 with its possibilities, but it made up for it with it's atmosphere and story. BioShock 2 just painted on the same atmosphere and really added absolutely nothing IMO.

I'd do a 3 out of 5 because I think it's a well done game and I did enjoy it, but knock points off for lack of any originality.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                True Blue
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by T.Dot
                how long is the story roughly?
                10 hours maybe?

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                  Agree with both of you. It also doesn't help that all of the, for lack of a better word, magic of Rapture was just gone for me. This became just like every other shooter for me. Go to point A, kill stuff, guard point B from stuff, go to point C and kill again.

BioShock wasn't nearly as indepth as say, System Shock 2 with its possibilities, but it made up for it with it's atmosphere and story. BioShock 2 just painted on the same atmosphere and really added absolutely nothing IMO.

I'd do a 3 out of 5 because I think it's a well done game and I did enjoy it, but knock points off for lack of any originality.
                  Definitely. Again, even though it's been mentioned a thousand times, a prequel would have achieved that.

To do a sequel, where everything looks almost as identical as the original one, but with LESS darkness, more lighting, more activity and absolutely no references to what you did 10 years ago... it was just like "Okay, cool... I'm in an underwater city shooting weird things..." it was just bland.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

Game was sweet. Solid 8.5. Very fun to play.

The prequel idea would still be before Bioshock 1, where you see the rise of Rapture and then the fall on New Years Eve.

Comment

• Buzzman
                      • Oct 2008

there is no doubt Bioshock 1 was better. The characters were better and it was the 1st time in Rapture, so all in all consdering the disadvatage they had, they did a good job. Lamb was a little dissappointing when you actually meet ehr but her audio logs were great. Sinclair was surprisingly awesome it sucked you only saw him twice. Then to actually see a pre-ego Andrew Ryan was pterry different but good take.

One thing thats good with a sequel is all the easter eggs it has about the 1st one. I found them entertaining.

All in all thoguh I want to see a prequel back tot eh Civil War of rapture. It would be awesome.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Eh. The multiplayer is alright. There's not much skill involved though and really kind of frustrating as it takes like 15 shots to kill anybody.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Buzzman
                          • Oct 2008

I see the multiplayer as something you'll play once a month with your friends.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

If that. I played for like 4 hours the other day and really have no desire to jump in again. It's alright... but its frankly pretty boring.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• T.Dot
                              A Real RockNRolla
                              • Nov 2008

Sinclair seems like he will betray me
                              idk why i have that feeling tho, it was like in the first game with Atlas

Comment

• Goober
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by T.Dot
                                Sinclair seems like he will betray me
                                idk why i have that feeling tho, it was like in the first game with Atlas
                                Sinclair is awesome.

Also, I'd been playing for about an hour on the last level, making sure I explored every corner, and then it froze on me. Fuck.

Comment

Working...