What do you want to see in the next console generation?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
    Right...

and I would like the ability to browse the internet on my tv without having to hook up my laptop or tablet all the time to it. It just makes sense with them adding things like internet browsers and such that a simply keyboard and mouse to navigate would be next in line to come out.
    Again. Out with the old input methods please.
    An intelligent UI , and or Good voice recognition could easily cover basic web browsing. No reason Sony cant have an Android app or MS a windows 8 app so one can use there smartphone to navigate. If blu ray players can do it consoles should.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
      Again. Out with the old input methods please.
      An intelligent UI , and or Good voice recognition could easily cover basic web browsing. No reason Sony cant have an Android app or MS a windows 8 app so one can use there smartphone to navigate. If blu ray players can do it consoles should.
      Xbox already does this with Kinect. I still hate it and find it annoying to deal with. I'm sure I'm not the only person who shares the opinion that they would like to browse or do something on their consoles without having to yell and talk to it like a moron.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

People that want a full featured browsing experience and gaming system with keyboard and mouse support should just purchase or build a killer gaming/media center PC and play games on that platform.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

the experience on the PC much better than on consoles.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
            the experience on the PC much better than on consoles.
            I agree but to be fair the consoles you are playing on are almost 6-7 years old....and much cheaper. Buy a gaming rig to $800-$1500 or a console for $300. The console had a life cycle of 5-8 years. You PC most likely needed a updated graphics card ($300).

Comment

• PP
              • Feb 2010

Enough RAM.

Comment

• Irish
                do you see my jesus chain
                • Oct 2008

Less dancing games.

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
                  Eradicator!!
                  • Feb 2009

If a Kinect-like thing is really going to succeed, it has to be in every console, which I'm assuming will be the case with the next Xbox, at least. Voice commands would be pretty cool, assuming they always work as expected.

Graphical improvements would be good, but even with this gen, graphics are pretty hot already. I mean, there's room for improvement, sure, but let's get focused on stories and stuff again.

And, let's try and keep the hardware issues to a minimum this time around, ok Microsoft?
                  ...in my pants
                  Fred Taylor for the HOF!
                  Facebook - Twitter

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
                    Eradicator!!
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                    Xbox already does this with Kinect. I still hate it and find it annoying to deal with. I'm sure I'm not the only person who shares the opinion that they would like to browse or do something on their consoles without having to yell and talk to it like a moron.
                    It would be pretty hot if, during a game, you could ask the Xbox to look something up for you online and give you the information you're seeking without having to go away from the game you're in. Like, what's the score of X game, or are there any tips for a particular stage of the game you're in? Browser/search integration with games could be pretty sweet if done right.
                    ...in my pants
                    Fred Taylor for the HOF!
                    Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Working...