Sony E3 2012 Discussion Thread (Press - 6/4)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garrett67
    Glory Hole Monitor
    • Feb 2009

Why do gay guys wear suits that are too small for them?

Comment

• Rudi
      #CyCueto
      • Nov 2008

Can't wait to cop that Wonderbook + Book of Spells.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

Beyond, Last of Us, & God of War. All great, as expected. Beyond is still not clear what it is, yet. But still, it should be interesting.
        • Far Cry 3 looked weak. 4 player co-op, cool. It's still pretty generic looking missions and shooting. Doesn't look nearly as interesting as the single player.
        • AC3 was awesome. But I already knew that before e3. Both of these games were present to pimp "exclusive DLC" and bundles.
        • Battle Royale isn't anything I would play. Good on them getting cross-platform play. Support that Vita.
        • AC Liberation is cool. I wish it was something I could experience on a console, as a downloadable, or something. I won't ever buy a Vita to experience it.
        • And free stuff is always good.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but maybe that's me trying to erase the half hour of absolute drivel and bullshit... The conference was marginally better than Microsoft.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
          ...is amazing.
          • Feb 2009

The only way they could have made the PS+ announcement any better is if they handed out a free voucher for a 250gb hard drive. I gotta start deleting shit from mine to make room.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
            Really solid stuff from Sony. Microsoft should look at them for tips on how to run a conference. Last of Us looks awesome, but it is tough to tell from that trailer how much control we will have. I'm sure it'll be fun regardless.

As for that Harry Potter shit, it's like J.K. Rowling put in the contract that they have to spend at least 20 minutes of their conference talking about that stupid game. Just like the marketers at Microsoft and Usher, I have no idea what the guys at Sony were thinking with that.
            It's like how Microsoft is pushing Kinect. Trying to get to the "average" person, and not the hardcore gamer. Despite the books and movies ending, there are huge Harry Potter fans just waiting to experience more.

Comment

• Atlas
              BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              It's like how Microsoft is pushing Kinect. Trying to get to the "average" person, and not the hardcore gamer. Despite the books and movies ending, there are huge Harry Potter fans just waiting to experience more.
              you got that part right... all those single 40+ yr old women who read twilight and own 20 cats will be all over that shit... also kids...

Comment

• Handleit_44
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

E3: 2012: PS Move Racing Wheel Coming Soon

Sony have revealed a new racing wheel for PlayStation Move.

Following the trend set with Nintendo‘s motion sensing remote, this is a departure from the usual wheels we are accustomed to seeing on home consoles. With these, you clip your remote into the housing and use the wheel in mid-air.

Personally, I’m not too big a fan of these wheels. I prefer to have a proper steering wheel that’s clamped onto a solid surface and some pedals, so I actually feel like I have a greater sense of control, as well as either added realism or an arcade feel, depending on the game.

However, there are some key differences with this one, compared to the usual cheap pieces of plastic. This wheel is a high quality peripheral (reflected in the $40 price), and is first party. As you can see in the images below, the wheel can be turned into motorbike handles, which can be twisted to control the acceleration. Furthermore, the wheel has, as Jeremy Clarkson would say, “flappy paddles” to change gears.

The PS Blog also confirmed the first 5 games that will be compatible with the wheel:

LBP Karting
                Gran Turismo 5
                Motorstorm Apocalypse
                Burnout Paradise
                NFS Hot Pursuit

It’s certainly a great line-up, and it’s encouraging to see older titles being updated to include PS Move. Take a look at the images (courtesy of the PS Blog) and comment below on whether you might buy this.

Comment

• dope
                  Allons-y!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Handleit_44

Comment

Working...