X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[360] Xbox Rewards for Achievements Coming This Fall? [Rumor]

Could MS be planning to reward cheevo whores like myseld in the near future? It looks like it.

• Handleit_44
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

If this happens, expect the hackers to come out in full force.

I see nothing but cheating/hacking coming out of this.

Comment

• CCBrink
      Awkward Swag
      • May 2009

I'm expecting these "rewards" to just be stuff for you Avatar.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Thought the same thing Brink. And even if it IS for something like points, XBL Rewards sucks ALREADY. It was nice when I first signed up and basically got 800 points or so for doing it, but now the rewards are either nonexistent, only for things I've already done, or for buying shit or doing shit that NO ONE would do. And this is all for stuff that you for the most part PAY FOR. No way they start giving stuff away for free, just because you're willing to play a shitty game for the cheevos.

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Remember when everyone heard about achievements and thought they were points you could earn to buy stuff like games.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
            Remember when everyone heard about achievements and thought they were points you could earn to buy stuff like games.

Those were the days. "Hey guys, we want to make money, but we'll just let you nerds play lots of games to get more games."

That would have been quite the business model.

Comment

• leaffan
              Colton Orr Fan
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
              Those were the days. "Hey guys, we want to make money, but we'll just let you nerds play lots of games to get more games."

That would have been quite the business model.
              Microsoft actually did this a few years ago where you could play games and get points to win things like xbox's and games. One of the problems with it was how relativily easy it was to obtain these things. If you were a kid coming home from school and put maybe 2 hours into it you could probably get a new xbox in a month just because of how quick it was in some of the games.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• July 4 1776
                Proud Vikings Lover
                • Oct 2008

I think good business model would be to get 10 ms for every 100 achievment scores and just put a cap on it of something like 400 points a month. that way its fair and they cant get screwed.
                SKOL VIKINGS ALL DAY MVP

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan

That's because MS actually said it, a year or so befofe the 360 release. They of course renegged on it. Just one of many promises they, and basically all game companies, failed to keep.

Comment

• FUSE
                    • Oct 2008

Use Achievements for items goods/purchases

Once a novelty, in-game achievements are now pretty much a part of every major video game. They're a different way to play, a new way to reward players who accomplish impressive in-game feats. All an achievement (or trophy, as they're … Continue reading →

Once a novelty, in-game achievements are now pretty much a part of every major video game. They're a different way to play, a new way to reward players who accomplish impressive in-game feats. All an achievement (or trophy, as they're often called) offers is an in-game toast to celebrate the accomplishment and bragging rights with your friends.
                    Or, at least, that's all achievements offer until this Fall, when Xbox Live is rolling out a new mechanism to give players real-life rewards for their in-game feats, per a tweet from theXbox LIVE Rewards account.
                    Unfortunately, that's the only bit of news we've gotten so far — just one hell of a tease. But it's not hard to imagine exactly how such a program might work. Say you're playing the new Devil May Cry and you rack up a nice string of achievements for decapitating 100 demons in row. You might be able to then redeem those achievement points for discounts, contest entries, or possibly even physical goods such as a DmC sticker or t-shirt.
                    This article was written by Fox Van Allen and originally appeared on Tecca

Comment

• July 4 1776
                      Proud Vikings Lover
                      • Oct 2008

Stuff like this rarely turns out to be worth it. Remember when you were supposed to get rewards for your avatar? They found out selling items was a better idea than giving them away lol
                      SKOL VIKINGS ALL DAY MVP

Comment

• Golden Taters
                        RIP West
                        • Jul 2009

Weren't we promised this before the Xbox 360 even launched?

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
                          Eradicator!!
                          • Feb 2009

They hyped up this Live Rewards card before...didn't pan out.
                          ...in my pants
                          Fred Taylor for the HOF!
                          Facebook - Twitter

Comment

• CCBrink
                            Awkward Swag
                            • May 2009

This is what they have so far.

Now is the perfect time to amp up your style with some super cool clothes and awesome new accessories. During the month of June, when you buy any single Avatar item worth 240 Microsoft Points or more, you'll get 80 Points back. That means a serious discount on some pretty sweet stuff, like the Ninja Parkour 2.0, Emilia's Crew Look, and Hulk's Super Strength. So get your style on now. The Rewards Points will be comin' right back at ya!

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                              • Feb 2009

Know what I hate.
                              Lack of good cheat codes anymore.
                              EX. Midnight Club on XB1 had a code you put in that gave you 9999999$. I sucked at the game until I purchased the most expensive car and bike in it and an oil rig full of nitro.
                              MC on 360 theres no codes. The only unlocks take a kabillion years. even on the marketplace you actually have to play through to get everything.
                              I get rewarding HC gamers , but I bought the damn thing after x amount of time maybe I just wanna dick around and not "earn" everything on the disc. Every game should have a GOD mode unlock code.

Oh and fuck MS and hackers. We were also promised the ability to trade game files/saves/rosters etc. But the achievement whoring basically ruled that infinitely more useful option out.
                              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...