X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

A Madden BAP Online Chise

How would this work best do you think? I've gone over some details and I'm curious about it.

32 players would be a mistake I think since it would limit trading/FA/etc due to the one human per team rule. 16 or so would make more sense no? Then in FA you have options on where to go, etc. Also allows to go on a quicker pace since playing vs CPU doesn't really make a difference really.

Wouldn't think to want to mix coaches/players, that'd just be weird IMO. Don't think you'd need to all play as the same position either, but I wonder how some things work. Like say a game with a QB vs a LB, when the other side has the ball, do both users just pick plays and watch it happen? Do nothing and watch? Super sim?

Would you command all to be UDFA's so you spend your first couple years working up the depth? Or have everyone high picks and starting from day one? Or a mix?

Team selection at random?

Anyone know more about doing this to comment?
  • TimsGiants
    18 and 1
    • Mar 2009

To me if anything its just another fad mode. Sounds neat but wont last. Something to play around with when bored but not something to invest alot time into. I dont think many people will stay interested in player only league.

Comment

• krulmichael
      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TimsGiants
      To me if anything its just another fad mode. Sounds neat but wont last. Something to play around with when bored but not something to invest alot time into. I dont think many people will stay interested in player only league.
      I know I for one am actually very interested in having at least one "serious" player league (like the Turducken of player leagues). I think it could be very interesting...especially if you have players that are playing opposite ends (say a QB/HB vs. a SS/LB). But KG does pose some good questions. Not sure how the playcalling will work. I'd imagine that it'd be just like Superstar mode where the CPU automatically calls plays for you (which hopefully the logic in that is much improved) in which you may be able to audible or hot route things before the play is snapped.

Twitch Channel
      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

I do recall Looman talking about how you will have control over playcalling when you're not on the field I think, I'll have to go back and find out exactly what he said.

I just goofed off in NCAA's demo mode of the Heisman (BAP), I'm guessing the default is rookie cause I torched KSU with Griffin for 800 total yards and 10 TD's. That wasn't the point tho, play calling was a fair bit better, but some plays came up a fair bit too often. Same Curls Flats about 5-7 times and a couple other similar plays, but they did have a feature where you could get 3 plays to pick from instead of 1 and it had 20 uses for the game. Some other small interface tweaks were done and no huddle worked better. (another side note is the new pass trajectory is pretty faptastic)

I'm sure there will be enough people here wanting to do this on the side of a coach league, I mean, it's the exact same mode/features/etc, so it's just a matter of if you like to play BAP or not cause it's the same shit as normal OF otherwise. You really don't even need to rely on ownership for it to work, you could do it yourself, with just 2, or whatever. There's nothing to really worry about with that as opposed to normal OF where teams need to be controlled or shit gets fucked.

Despite the shitty nature of previous BAP modes in Madden, on the last gen days I played out 2 10+ year careers with a WR and one with a FS, so having a decent mode and other users should make it easy if I got the time for it.

Comment

• TimsGiants
          18 and 1
          • Mar 2009

2 good articles on it

Comment

• Berowsk
            Fuck Bitches, Get Wawa.
            • Oct 2008

Isn't it possible in BAP now to control your player on offense and then the whole defense? I think that's probably what will happen for online games. I doubt EA would be dumb enough to put out an online mode where during half the game you just pick your nose and watch.
            sigpic

Comment

• Len B
              :moonwalk:
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Berowsk
              Isn't it possible in BAP now to control your player on offense and then the whole defense? I think that's probably what will happen for online games. I doubt EA would be dumb enough to put out an online mode where during half the game you just pick your nose and watch.
              That would defeat the purpose and you might as well just use Create A Player.

Comment

• July 4 1776
                Proud Vikings Lover
                • Oct 2008

I would defiantly be interested in this, I just got a ps3 again just for these leagues, although im still a 360 boy
                SKOL VIKINGS ALL DAY MVP

Comment

Working...