X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryne candy
    Aggie C/O '01
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
    The freezing is to be fixed in a patch this coming Tuesday. We'll see if they mess up anything else, which has been a norm recently.
    Seems to have been fixed with the patch.

Comment

• krulmichael
      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
      • Feb 2009

This just happened in my WSU Dynasty. 13 seconds before the half too. I scored the very next play.

Twitch Channel
      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
        #DoSomething
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
        This just happened in my WSU Dynasty. 13 seconds before the half too. I scored the very next play.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/129634128
        I lul'd
        Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Atlas
          BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
          • Feb 2010

this recent patch ruined the game... mine is freezing more than ever now, plus i ran into some weird glitch where i lost 5 players to season ending injuries on 5 consecutive plays (ended when i called a TO)... this shit is seriously one step forward and 30 steps back...

Comment

• Nevermind
            Pewter
            • Oct 2008

I didn't think it was even possible but after this patch passing got a whole lot easier.

Comment

• ryne candy
              Aggie C/O '01
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
              this recent patch ruined the game... mine is freezing more than ever now, plus i ran into some weird glitch where i lost 5 players to season ending injuries on 5 consecutive plays (ended when i called a TO)... this shit is seriously one step forward and 30 steps back...
              That really sucks...looks like I'll just be waiting for NHL 13 and only play exhibition games on NCAA.

Comment

• Atlas
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Nevermind
                I didn't think it was even possible but after this patch passing got a whole lot easier.
                ive seen a lot of people on OS saying something made the sliders more effective/stronger influence on the game, so that may be it...

Comment

• krulmichael
                  STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                  • Feb 2009

I seriously think EA could put out a patch that does absolutely nothing to the game (on purpose) and people's placebo effects would be going nuts about how this and this is better and how this is absolutely awful now. I just find it funny that all this fix does is fix dynasty freezes (which I still have yet to occur before and after the patch) and the playcall issue, which thankfully is fixed because I did encounter that issue.

Twitch Channel
                  http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                  Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                  Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                  Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                  Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Ravin
                    Dishing the Gino's
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
                    That really sucks...looks like I'll just be waiting for NHL 13 and only play exhibition games on NCAA.
                    We have a NHL od
                    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

People at OS are morons. They are the equivalent to GhostHunters when it comes to believing their own perceptions.

"DID YOU SEE THAT?!?! DID YOU HEAR THAT? WHAT WAS THAT? IS THAT A GLITCH?"

"YEAH NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT, I SAW IT TOO! MUST BE A GAMEPLAY FLAW!"

They are just guessing at this point because the patch was just released. Give it some time to breathe before you flip out, and don't let the groupthink at OS cloud your opinion.

Comment

• Atlas
                        • Feb 2010

knubb, apoc, yawk, youk and gmen agree... OD games felt different post patch...

Comment

• MrBill
                          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                          • Feb 2009

knubb, apoc, yawk, youk and gmen agree... OD games felt different post patch...
                          I'm not bitching since I beat Oklahoma pretty handily today but that does seem odd for my skill level. The patch was only 2MB though, how much could be changed with 2MB of code?

Comment

• Atlas
                            • Feb 2010

code could have mussed up other code? shit happens when it comes to coding, and the freezing thing wasnt even fixed lol...

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Are you surprised?
                              Same shit happened last year.

The season ending injury thing is hilarious though. When did you start to flip your shit? The 2nd or 3rd one?

Originally posted by krulmichael
                              I seriously think EA could put out a patch that does absolutely nothing to the game (on purpose) and people's placebo effects would be going nuts about how this and this is better and how this is absolutely awful now. I just find it funny that all this fix does is fix dynasty freezes (which I still have yet to occur before and after the patch) and the playcall issue, which thankfully is fixed because I did encounter that issue.
                              Which aren't fixed..still.

I've read a lot and it seems like anyone using custom conferences, music, playbooks etc are getting freezes in both offline and online now.

Pretty funny.

EA pimps out one feature the previous year(custom conferences) and the next year they do nothing to it and the feature actually breaks the game.

Comment

• Argath
                                $2 whore
                                • Apr 2009

It's not so much that code messes up other code, it's that sometimes problems can hide other problems. You may fix one problem, but that one problem was holding together 3 other problems so now they must be fixed. It all comes down to the original coding. I figure they take the base game code and build off that, they mustve had chimps developing the base code.

Comment

Working...