X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[ALL] Post Your Recent Gaming Accomplishments

I guess this can be mostly used for "I just finished game X" but feel free to elaborate on what you thought about the ending (with spoiler tags of course), what the game may have lacked, what you loved about it, etc.

Also, this would be a good place to discuss trophy or achievement levels, or difficuly trophies/cheevos that you recently unlocked.

You could even use the thread just to say that you finally completed a difficult level or beat a difficult boss that you were struggling with.

I'll start. In the past few days I reached level 17 in trophies, finally completed RE5 on PS3 with Swarley, completed the Lost in Nightmares DLC for RE5 with Swarley and completed the main Borderlands campaign on PS3 with Pad, Dizzle and my cousin (and started on The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned). Phew.

The only trophies I have left for platinum in Borderlands are level 40 and level 50 and I'm currently sitting at level 38.

• stevsta
    ¿Que?
    • Oct 2008

I haven't played any videogames for a couple of months
    RIP

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by stevsta
      I haven't played any videogames for a couple of months
      You and Maynard, huh? Damn.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Just beat Resident Evil 5 and one of its DLCs with Twiggly Wiggly. Pretty tough game at times, but was still fun. Going to try and finish Dead Space this weekend.

Comment

• Derrville
          Dallas has no coaching...
          • Jul 2009

Was playing MP 3 but the PS3s blu ray drive wont properly read games anymore so while the PS3 is off getting fixed I decided to beat Max Payne 1 for the first time since beating it 10 years ago. Also beat Lego Batman 2 with my nephew. Very slow gaming period around these parts.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Well, add NFS: The Run to my list. I just finished it. Very fun game and some crazy ass moments. I highly recommend it for arcade racing fans.

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Recent Achievements:

-I have all but one of the trophies for the set included in the PSN Digital version of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

Other than finishing up all the Time Trials for the Half and Darkness boards, all I'll have left to do with that game is figure out how to get better so I can annihilate my fellow VSNers' scores.

-I technically beat the stock story of Borderlands with Twigg, Padman, my buddy Vermillion and Twigg's cousin Montto.

Like all great projects, this was done bit-by-bit, bite-by-bite until we finally beat the oddly easy Final Boss.

I still have yet to mop up some left-over sidequests and redo so quests I was declared "ineligible" for because my character wasn't "personally" that far into the story yet...

Super Odd Thought:

Which is weird in a videogame existential sense because the property that is my Hunter exists as a singular entity but is also split into a SP save as well as an Avatar for use in MP.

This thing does not and cannot manifest itself online without me playing but when I do, it's still limited but what the game's programming deems as what worthiness it has in order to recieve the correct amount of XP, etc.

The game is not as free form as one would preceive/be advertised as but thus is one of the limitations in all videogames.

/I'd rather be stoned than sober thinking of this just now

Comment

• Handleit_44
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

Awesome thread, Twiggles.

Comment

• kmanharris
                  Seven
                  • Oct 2008

Just beat Batman: Arkham Asylum. I have to go through the challenges and finish off the riddles. I have 1 challenge done and about 35% of the riddles.

Comment

• Swarley
                    A Special Kind of Cat
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by kmanharris
                    Just beat Batman: Arkham Asylum. I have to go through the challenges and finish off the riddles. I have 1 challenge done and about 35% of the riddles.
                    Such an awesome game.

Comment

• kmanharris
                      Seven
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
                      Such an awesome game.
                      It is a lot of button mashing but it's awesome button mashing. Not once did I find it to be boring.

I had a bitch of a time defeating Poison Ivy. She was the hardest boss IMO.

I also had "fun" unlocking the mano y mano trophy. It took me a good 45 minutes to kill a titan without hitting it with a batarang.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Handleit_44
                        Awesome thread, Twiggles.
                        Maybe we can finally play R&C tonight and wrap that shit up? I sent you a message the other night that you ignored.

Fucking you and Bomber and your beisbol.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          Maybe we can finally play R&C tonight and wrap that shit up? I sent you a message the other night that you ignored.

Fucking you and Bomber and your beisbol.

You messaged me at 1:30AM, fucker! :giambipls: <--- he's bitch slappin' you

Went to bed.

But yeah, we definitely need to finish (and Plat) that game!

You've been so tied up with Borderlands and NFS: The Run, though.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Handleit_44
                            You messaged me at 1:30AM, fucker! :giambipls: <--- he's bitch slappin' you

Went to bed.

But yeah, we definitely need to finish (and Plat) that game!

You've been so tied up with Borderlands and NFS: The Run, though.
                            You could've at least acknowledged me dick face.

Comment

• tigstah
                              Mr. Casual Gamer
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by kmanharris
                              It is a lot of button mashing but it's awesome button mashing. Not once did I find it to be boring.

I had a bitch of a time defeating Poison Ivy. She was the hardest boss IMO.

I also had "fun" unlocking the mano y mano trophy. It took me a good 45 minutes to kill a titan without hitting it with a batarang.
                              that is where i am in the game, still haven't gotten past that level. i stopped playing it...kept pissing me off.

Comment

Working...