Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Villain
    [REDACTED]
    • May 2011

inFAMOUS and God of War saga are great choices. If you're into racing games, go for Need For Speed: Most Wanted. You don't need to be a good driver to have fun at that game. Burnout: Paradise should also be a cheap to get with all of the DLC included.
    [REDACTED]

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it. I went through each game listed and found the ones that I felt I would have a strong interest in. First, Assassins Creed III looks amazing and something that I could really get into. I love history (was almost my major in college) and the backstory looks to be pretty engaging. Also, Dishonored looks like something I may like as well.

As for the games that are already out, I found Mass Effect 2 and Killzone as the two most interesting for me. I also discovered on my PS3 that I DL'ed InFamous as my free game when PSN went down so that also gives me another option.
      Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Wait for the Mass Effect box set, so you can play them all through at one time. God of War is great as well. Look into Heavy Rain as well, I don't think you would be disappointed in that game's storytelling.

It is a game on both consoles, but I have a feeling you would also enjoy Saints Row 2 and 3, and both should be at a low price right now. Red Dead and Fallout 3 as well.

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
          Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it. I went through each game listed and found the ones that I felt I would have a strong interest in. First, Assassins Creed III looks amazing and something that I could really get into. I love history (was almost my major in college) and the backstory looks to be pretty engaging. Also, Dishonored looks like something I may like as well.

As for the games that are already out, I found Mass Effect 2 and Killzone as the two most interesting for me. I also discovered on my PS3 that I DL'ed InFamous as my free game when PSN went down so that also gives me another option.
          I see you mentioned AC3 in the new games talk, but not the old ones. I would heavily discourage playing the new one without playing the previous. You'd be missing out on a lot of story leading into the 3rd.

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

i would pass on dishonored. its a good game, but its not great. why pay $60 for good, when you can pay less than 20 for teh awesome!

if your gonna play Ass Creed 3, why not go cheap and start with AC 2 and the 2 others that followed? get the full story before jumping into 3.

KZ is another shooter. in a flooded market do you really want another shooter? there are better choices.

ME2 is a shooter as well, but its an action rpg shooter. 3rd person and a top 5 all time for most people. cant go wrong with ME2....red dead is a must. games like these 2 are gonna provide you with about 30+ hours of fun. variety in missions, activities ect..plus great stories and fantastic gameplay

Comment

• Juggernaut
              Sitting on the Sidelines
              • Dec 2008

Mass Effect 2
              Borderlands 2
              Nba 2k13

Perhaps try out a fighting game, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is an amazing game I've been playing a lot recently. Strong community as well.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                #DoSomething
                • Feb 2009

I played some inFamous today since it was already stored on my PS3 HDD waaay back when they gave away a free game. I am only on chapter 5 thus far. Pretty cool concept for the game and I am enjoying the gameplay, but, the characters are kinda shitty. I don't really like "Zeke" I would prefer to kill him if I could.

Any tips on what powers I should upgrade and what is most effective?
                Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

i didnt fall in love with that game. its good, but it just didnt have any draw for me. i didnt finish it...as for the powers, i cant recall since its been so long

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

I played some inFamous today since it was already stored on my PS3 HDD waaay back when they gave away a free game. I am only on chapter 5 thus far. Pretty cool concept for the game and I am enjoying the gameplay, but, the characters are kinda shitty. I don't really like "Zeke" I would prefer to kill him if I could.

If you just want to blast through the game, go straight Evil Cole and all the powers associated with it.

Cluster grenades, killer shocks, the works.

You'll get XP and you don't have to worry about hitting citizens because everything is basically a target in front of you.

Comment

• Villain
                      [REDACTED]
                      • May 2011

Zeke is annoying as shit. Just upgrade everything. You can't really go wrong. Think of what you use the most and go for that.
                      [REDACTED]

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Evil Cole is definitely the easier way to go but hopefully you can play through twice.

I thought Zeke was annoying at first too. He is still pretty funny as the game progresses though. You appreciate him a lot more as a character in the second game.

Comment

Working...