X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MVPete
    Old School
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
    Am I missing something with voip? It seems like mics only work when in a party, I haven't heard anyone using their mic in a match yet.
    They have it set up so if you aren't in their fireteam they can't hear you .

Comment

• cf24
      WESTBROOK
      • Feb 2009

Well then that's why I couldn't hear him haha. We threw down on a dance party once we beat it. Ha

Comment

• Steel Mamba
        Nasty
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MVPete
        They have it set up so if you aren't in their fireteam they can't hear you .
        Wow, a competitive MP shooter with no way to communicate with your teammates. Only on consoles can shit like this pass without an uproar.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
          No longer a noob
          • Jan 2010

How long is ign going to take with their fucking review? Game has been out a week now. Still on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• seaplus
            Posts a lot
            • Apr 2009

Someone at 20+ is going to have better stat upgrades, bonuses and abilities. While it's still possible to do well as a low level, when player skill is equal the higher level is always going to have the adv over someone at a low level. Because of that, there's really no reason to match players who are level 7 against someone already at level 25. But, it happens all the time. I've also been in matches where half the team will quit. There needs to be some sort of punishment for players abandoning early. Simple solution would be to ban them from MM for an hour or so.

Supercharged is pretty lame for pvp, I'm a titan and don't like it. It's an instant kill anytime you're close to someone and doesn't take any skill to use. Pretty shit ability for a competitive shooter. That along with a few other things dull the competitive side.
            I've seen plenty of lower levels dominate 20s. It is pretty even after you get grenades and melee, which happens quick if I'm not mistaken. And the supercharge doesn't get a activated enough for it to get out of hand. It's a cool "perk" without going overboard. Brings another element to the game that Halo didn't have (thinking of Halo 2 since I didn't play any Halo games after that) but doesn't over do it like CoD. Agree to disagree

*<|8-D

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

I started up the PS4 version last night. It definitely looks better than the PS3 version but it's still nothing impressive. I was super disappointed to find out that the two versions SHARE a trophy list. Booooooooooooooooooooooo. It's hard to complain considering I got both versions for the price of one, but I was pretty surprised by that. I'm sure there are people out there that actually purchased the physical copies for last gen and current gen. It's bullshit to pay for two games and only get one trophy/cheevo list.

Also, even if you create a new character, which I did, it appears the collectibles and such still carry over. Not a big deal but I was hoping to start completely from scratch on PS4. I went with the Hunter on PS4 as opposed to the Titan on PS3.

I literally just did the first mission and went back to the citadel place and turned in everything and accepted stuff. So if anyone wants to slum it with me, let me know.

Comment

• cf24
                WESTBROOK
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                I started up the PS4 version last night. It definitely looks better than the PS3 version but it's still nothing impressive. I was super disappointed to find out that the two versions SHARE a trophy list. Booooooooooooooooooooooo. It's hard to complain considering I got both versions for the price of one, but I was pretty surprised by that. I'm sure there are people out there that actually purchased the physical copies for last gen and current gen. It's bullshit to pay for two games and only get one trophy/cheevo list.

Also, even if you create a new character, which I did, it appears the collectibles and such still carry over. Not a big deal but I was hoping to start completely from scratch on PS4. I went with the Hunter on PS4 as opposed to the Titan on PS3.

I literally just did the first mission and went back to the citadel place and turned in everything and accepted stuff. So if anyone wants to slum it with me, let me know.
                Got a TGT game sometime tonight, but I'll be on right after I get home from work.

Comment

• j.hen
                  Self Care
                  • Oct 2008

This game sorely needs a codex. Something similar to what Mass Effect had accesable from the pause screen. Would help to expand on the history of this universe a little more.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                    Nasty
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by seaplus
                    I've seen plenty of lower levels dominate 20s. It is pretty even after you get grenades and melee, which happens quick if I'm not mistaken. And the supercharge doesn't get a activated enough for it to get out of hand. It's a cool "perk" without going overboard. Brings another element to the game that Halo didn't have (thinking of Halo 2 since I didn't play any Halo games after that) but doesn't over do it like CoD. Agree to disagree

And the Cleveland Browns might pickup a few wins over some good teams this year, still doesn't mean that they're not entering the game at a disadvantage given the personnel they have. Some of the stability upgrades seem to make a huge difference, but I'm level 20 now and it's fairly easy to get to so I'm not concerned anymore.

It's not just supercharged though, there's a lot of weird instant kills in the game. Some weird stuff can happen with melee too. Somehow I had someone kill me with a melee strike a good second after I had already killed him and his character never went into a melee animation before dieing. I swear they'll also do damage when the animation doesn't actually connect occasionally as well.

To each his own, I still think it's a solid game though, good enough till Halo comes out. Although, I'll never get everyone's infatuation with grinding. Even "competitive" is a huge grind, where the reward should be performance based not how many hours you put in.

Comment

• riley420
                      You're goddamned right.
                      • Feb 2009

If anyone's playing on the Bone, shoot me an invite or a FR. GT is ChefRiley.

I'm rocking my level 23 Warlock. I actually got that motherfucking Cryptarch to decode 2 legendaries into a helmet and a machine gun I can use.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Everything that I read about this game has really killed my interest. It doesn't help that I'm one of the only ones in my friend group with a current gen console, and I've read that a group to play with really improves the game.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
                          Everything that I read about this game has really killed my interest. It doesn't help that I'm one of the only ones in my friend group with a current gen console, and I've read that a group to play with really improves the game.
                          i still havent opened my PS4 version.......
                          and
                          looks like my son gave up on it (XB1) already.
                          plus, FIFA15 coming out next week....
                          may return it for something else or credit
                          3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• MVPete
                            Old School
                            • Mar 2008

This is the first game in a long time that I think about when I'm not home playing it. If you like shooters you should really give it a shot. The free roaming stuff is even fun, and I'm usually just online only. Online is tough as shit if you go in alone though, which sucks but everybody on my friends list is playing it anyway lol.

Comment

• cf24
                              WESTBROOK
                              • Feb 2009

PS4 FOOT, we playing again tonight?

Comment

• seaplus
                                Posts a lot
                                • Apr 2009

Somehow I had someone kill me with a melee strike a good second after I had already killed him and his character never went into a melee animation before dieing. I swear they'll also do damage when the animation doesn't actually connect occasionally as well.
                                think that might be the warlocks. I get a lot of postmortem kills with melee, especially when using a helm that boost melee speed. can't remember if the animation finishes or if it gets cut short because I die
                                *<|8-D

Comment

Working...