[ALL] Dark Souls II

• red33
    • Feb 2009

HOLY SHT FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

• Maynard
      stupid ass titles
      • Feb 2009

This video has been removed by the user.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
        True Blue
        • Feb 2009

times a million.

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Dark Souls 2 May Not Be Out Before 2014

Originally posted by IGN
            Dark Souls 2 may not be out before the end of 2013, Edge Magazine reports.

The new issue of the British magazine contains the first details on Dark Souls 2. The game will be around the same size as Dark Souls (but "denser"), it doesn't take place in Lordran, and the graphics are of the generation-bridging quality noted in Ubisoft's Watch Dogs and in Star Wars 1313. It is currently 25% complete and we might not see it before 2014. The size of the team working on the game has reportedly increased significantly.

Announced a few weeks ago, Dark Souls 2 has two new directors, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, with the Souls series' creator Hidetaka Miyazaki moving onto a supervisory role; he is evidently keen for the team to return to server-based multiplayer, a la Demon's Souls, but is not involved at all in development decisions. Other tidbits of information suggest a new morality system, changes to the Covenants to make them more accessible, and "enhanced" action (Shibuya has worked on many action games in the past).

One slightly worrying detail is that Shibuya is evidently keen to make the story and messaging less subtle. Shibuya also mentions "limiting players options for the early portion of the game, making it simpler to understand new concepts. Then, after a certain amount of time has elapsed, they will suddenly experience the true Dark Souls experience".

"I intend to make it more accessible to players. And that's not just with the Covenant system, but with a lot of other aspects that I feel were difficult to adapt to," reads one quote. "I will follow the same concept as Dark Souls, but there were a lot of hidden story elements that some players may not have caught before, and I'm hoping to make some of that a little bit more clear or directly expressed."

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

12 minute gameplay demo:

10 minute Q&A:

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

PS3 Screenshots:

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

Box Art Revealed:

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

I think it looks badass.

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

March 2014

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

I like the premise, enviroment, world, mechanics of the Dark Souls but will DS2 be a little more accessible to retards like me?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                          True Blue
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                          I like the premise, enviroment, world, mechanics of the Dark Souls but will DS2 be a little more accessible to retards like me?
                          hopefully not lol.

but it does seems like they are taking trying to make it a bit more accessible and they have said that is what they want to do. the fact that its not coming out for almost another year shows they are going full out on this game and want to be recognized as one of the big video game franchises. they have sworn up and down they are not going to make the game "easier" but that remains to be seen. i dont see a problem with them trying to expand their fanbase but i hope it doesnt come at a price of changing the core theme of the game which is a very unforgiving, yet fair, challenging game

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                            hopefully not lol.

but it does seems like they are taking trying to make it a bit more accessible and they have said that is what they want to do. the fact that its not coming out for almost another year shows they are going full out on this game and want to be recognized as one of the big video game franchises. they have sworn up and down they are not going to make the game "easier" but that remains to be seen. i dont see a problem with them trying to expand their fanbase but i hope it doesnt come at a price of changing the core theme of the game which is a very unforgiving, yet fair, challenging game
                            Have normal mode which is hard as fuck. but give us noobs an assisted mode so we can at least play the game further than a half hour.

Comment

• Swarley
                              A Special Kind of Cat
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jms493
                              Have normal mode which is hard as fuck. but give us noobs an assisted mode so we can at least play the game further than a half hour.

Comment

Working...