Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rleake15
    Noob
    • Dec 2012

Yeah, more or less. Some of the attributes don't matter. I won't hang my hat on the notion that there is nothing I can do with a broken game, though. I'd rather see if there's a way to make the working attributes more relevant and functional. It seems more productive than masturbation, which by definition is an exercise in futility from a functional standpoint (which brings us back to your idea that taking action with these ratings is non-productive). Do you see how that whole cycle worked?

Comment

• rleake15
      Noob
      • Dec 2012

So far I have the first ten seasons simmed with the top 5 QB's and RG3 at 99 AWR with no changes on any other ratings and no other affected players. Each of these was simmed in a first year CCM. Tomorrow morning I will put out the numbers from changing the AWR ratings to zero for these 6 players and begin to make inferences about the difference in sim-stats. The most important thing I noticed about playing RG3 as a 99 AWR QB is the number of blitzes the CPU coach dialed up. I'll try to get some numbers on that as well while I work on this project. If there's a noticeable difference between the number of blitzes called against a 0 AWR QB and a 99 AWR QB, then we'll have our first meaningful point of reference. Again, it seems like there is an increased amount of blitzes in the few games I played, but I'm not sure yet. Cross your fingers...

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

this might be of help to you.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by rleake15
          killgod, I see your point, and I can't remember where this was answered. What I do know, however, is that awareness rating is nullified for a user-controlled player. It only affects computer-controlled players, in other words. I'll assume that PRC works similiarly. As far as your statement about sim games, I'm not sure. I've heard it runs plays, and I've also heard it just generates realistic numbers. I'd like to hope it runs plays and the ratings marry up somewhere...I hope...
          might as well not User Control if you want the Ratings to be effective.....

thanks EA!!!
          3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• rleake15
            Noob
            • Dec 2012

x0xHumblex0x - My preliminary judgment is that AWR affects passer rating, number of interceptions, and sacks taken in a simulated game/season. AWR during gameplay seems to have no or almost no affect on user-controlled players. Why would you want such an intangible trait as AWR to affect the player you're controlling anyway? That is a positive outcome from EA Sports, in my opinion. I'd be more frustrated if I went to control a player and my input was completely disregarded.

Comment

• rleake15
              Noob
              • Dec 2012

killgod - the source article you reference in the thread you referenced...(brain froze a bit at this thought lol)...anyway, the source article presupposes that we are interested only in player v. player ratings. Player v. player games are often tainted by nano blitzing, cheesing, face throws, unbumpable routes, etc. My research caters more to the sim-style or simulation CCM player. It does make mention of the idea of using the discussed players in CCM mode, but the formula itself seems to have been derived from a pvp approach, considering the weight on the adjusted formula. In their calculation, deep accuracy is weighed more in the adjusted accuracy.

I'm not saying you're wrong or the article is wrong, but I am saying that in a sim-style environment the article is irrelevant. Madden correctly apportions the THA rating by giving a weight of 64.1% to Short accuracy, 30.8% to Medium accuracy, and 6% to Deep accuracy (while reducing the total, which exceeds 100%, by 1.7 percentage points).

What I did take away from the article is that RG3 is an excellent CCM player (which I already knew), Tebow is going to be supremely effective in-game again this year, and Osweiler is the exploiters' next target.

Comment

• rleake15
                Noob
                • Dec 2012

killgod - I certainly hope that didn't come off as ungrateful, because I certainly appreciate the shout out in your thread

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

what i thought would be useful to you, would be knowing the formula how THA is calculated, or at least what is believed how its calculated.

Comment

• rleake15
                    Noob
                    • Dec 2012

Yes, you're correct, because that was definitely enlightening. I derived a similiar formula, but it was often off by one point (which I could live with). Now that I have a more accurate representation of the true formula, I can do some number crunching from that end as well....time permitting lol

Comment

• rleake15
                      Noob
                      • Dec 2012

The new problem I'm having is in simming a CCM season with 0 AWR QB's. The CPU coaches simply hire a free agent and bench Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. I think what I'll have to do to get those numbers is reduce ALL QB's AWR to 0. If I have to do that for HB's, WR's, TE's, etc, then this is going to take MUCH longer than anticipated. What seemed like a few days of research is quickly becoming one of those month-to-month projects. My new goal is to have this analyzed before the April draft, so we can potentially provide the devs with some feedback/analysis (if they're still listening to the users next year). I will definitely post the 99 AWR QB stats and the 0 AWR QB stats today...but let me get some coffee first...and a shower...and food...

Comment

• rleake15
                        Noob
                        • Dec 2012

Can anyone tell me how I might link all or part of an excel worksheet? I'd prefer to use Google Docs if at all possible. The first batch, which contains QB data for 99 and 0 AWR, is complete. I have some valuable sim stats and gameplay mechanics to share, but I want to bundle it with the raw data.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

cant you just link the Google Doc from the a Viewing mode??
                          3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• rleake15
                            Noob
                            • Dec 2012

I have 9 seasons of missing data I can't recover...never close excel when sleepy. Just leave it open. Anyway, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3c...nJQZmdGNVM3RHM

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

I have 9 seasons of missing data I can't recover...never close excel when sleepy. Just leave it open. Anyway, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3c...nJQZmdGNVM3RHM
                              RGIII looks nice!!!

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                                Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                                • Jul 2010

killgod, I see your point, and I can't remember where this was answered. What I do know, however, is that awareness rating is nullified for a user-controlled player. It only affects computer-controlled players, in other words. I'll assume that PRC works similiarly. As far as your statement about sim games, I'm not sure. I've heard it runs plays, and I've also heard it just generates realistic numbers. I'd like to hope it runs plays and the ratings marry up somewhere...I hope...
                                x0xHumblex0x - My preliminary judgment is that AWR affects passer rating, number of interceptions, and sacks taken in a simulated game/season. AWR during gameplay seems to have no or almost no affect on user-controlled players. Why would you want such an intangible trait as AWR to affect the player you're controlling anyway? That is a positive outcome from EA Sports, in my opinion. I'd be more frustrated if I went to control a player and my input was completely disregarded.
                                what other attributes have you tested regarding a User Controlled QB to be ineffective??
                                there is currently some discussion in The 220 (PS3) that raising the QB's ACC will positively separate good QBs from bad QBs.......

Comment

Working...