X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    Also, how weird is it going to sound when you're talking to someone about a game and they ask "So, are you getting Battlefield 4 for the PS4 or the Infinity?" LOL.
    Sounds better than, "Hey, are you getting Batman: Arkham City for WiiU?"

Comment

• Atlas
      BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by dave
      Infinity sounds like a good name, but what will the Xbox 1440 be called? Infinity seems kinda hard to top.
      Infinity.... plus one

Comment

• padman59
        Slayer of Demons
        • Mar 2009

So the Infinity news might be fake. At the very least, the logo being tossed around appears to be.

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

So this is pure speculation on my part, but it seems to me like Twitch is going to the streaming service available on the Infinity like Ustream is on the PS4. Obviously nothing official here about Twitch and the Infinity, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a partnership announced next week for the next-gen console.

Twitch announced today that they have an app launching on the Xbox 360. Also, Major Nelson tweeted that Twitch will be live streaming their event on 5/21.

Comment

• KNUBB
            WHITE RONDO
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
            So this is pure speculation on my part, but it seems to me like Twitch is going to the streaming service available on the Infinity like Ustream is on the PS4. Obviously nothing official here about Twitch and the Infinity, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a partnership announced next week for the next-gen console.

Twitch announced today that they have an app launching on the Xbox 360. Also, Major Nelson tweeted that Twitch will be live streaming their event on 5/21.
            Twitch live streamed the PS Event. You're thinking too much. Also UStream hinted that they are partnered with MS not long after the PS Meeting.

Comment

• Handleit_44
              Posts a lot
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Swarley

From GAF

So...

PS4 with USTREAM
              Xbox Infinity with TWITCH

But will the Xbox have the sharing functionality?

Twitch Community Manager:

I sound like a broken record at this point, but the deal Sony has with UStream on the PlayStation 4 is not exclusive, and we don't deal in exclusives when it comes to our apps, either. We want a Twitch app on everything. How else can one achieve world domination? ;)

Nearly one year ago, the world caught it’s first glimpse of the Twitch App for Xbox 360. Actually wait, no they didn’t. We were but a teeny, tiny logo amidst Microsoft’s massive E3 presentation. And now that I think about it, no one even knew it was us as we’d yet to unveil our new logo and branding. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, you’ve all been waiting a very long time for something you probably figured was nothing more than a wild fever dream.

We’re thrilled to inform you all that it was no dream, and this is really happening. The Twitch App for Xbox 360 will be made available today for Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers in the U.S.

The Twitch App for Xbox 360 will bring the top 300 live channels to your big screen, with the ability to browse the directory by top channels, games and featured content. Best of all, the Twitch App for Xbox 360 is Kinect-enabled, allowing you to control the entire experience with voice or motion controls. It’s oddly satisfying to tell your Xbox to play StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, or any other obviously non-Xbox title, and have it load up the channel. Truly, this is a brave new world.

We hope you’ll agree that this has been worth the wait, as there’s nothing quite like watching Twitch from the comfort of your living room. Go fire up your Xbox, download the Twitch app, and let us know what you think. We’re very interested in hearing your feedback.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Hopefully Twitch is available on both consoles, to stream with, not just to watch others. I'd much rather use them than Ustream.

Comment

• KNUBB
                  WHITE RONDO
                  • Jun 2009

If UStream is gonna be the primary use for Next Gen then Twitch will take a big hit cuz all that will be on there is PC gaming(WoW, LoL, etc.)

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                    If UStream is gonna be the primary use for Next Gen then Twitch will take a big hit cuz all that will be on there is PC gaming(WoW, LoL, etc.)
                    Well that's pretty much what Twitch is running off of right now. Those competitive MOBA/MMO streams are the largest channels going, and that's probably where they get most of their ad and subscription revenue.

Comment

• KNUBB
                      WHITE RONDO
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                      Well that's pretty much what Twitch is running off of right now. Those competitive MOBA/MMO streams are the largest channels going, and that's probably where they get most of their ad and subscription revenue.
                      Then its a moot point cuz UStream is gonna grow off of this

Comment

• Handleit_44
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

Xbox reveal will be in a tent...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Handleit_44
                          Xbox reveal will be in a tent...

Dude, they only make like a gazillion dollars from the ads on their paid online service. They can't afford to rent an actual venue or something crazy like that.
                          Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-17-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Not really hyped for the reveal like I was with Sony.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                              Posts a lot
                              • Jun 2009

Microsoft talks next-gen Xbox reveal, 'tonnes' of Xbox exclusives to be announced at E3

"We're really going to tell one story across two events," explained Microsoft's IEB chief of staff Aaron Greenberg on the latest episode of Major Nelson's podcast. "So we're going to start on the 21st, and really that's about revealing the next Xbox platform; our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment.

"We definitely have a lot of surprises planned," Greenberg continued. "I know everyone knows the Infinity Ward team is hard at work on world premiering Call of Duty: Ghosts, so we're going to see what that looks like for the first time.

"People are going to get a great inside look at the making of the new platform and the team that's brought it to life. To be honest, it's really about the team, the people here. That's why we're inviting people to campus; we're going to bring them behind the scenes a little bit. We've never done this before and so it's really exciting to be able to do that. It's a lot of laying the foundation, probably the best way to describe it. And then just a couple of weeks later we go to E3."
                              "E3 is all about the games," he continues. "At E3, I mean, if you're a gamer, it's going to be tonnes of exclusives, world premieres, and obviously even beyond that we have a lot to share between then and this holiday."

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

People are really looking too far into EA and M$ thing, I doubt there is any exclusive deal its more likely that M$ asked EA to bring what they had because M$ studios don't have much to show.

Comment

Working...