Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Primetime
    Thank You Prince
    • Nov 2008

I think the Kinect is going to surprise some people with how useful it really is. I personally can't wait to use it. The seamless transition between apps without having to go through several menus to get it sounds amazing on its own.

Comment

• Primetime
      Thank You Prince
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
      I don't want to have to pay for it.
      Yea, it was nice when you had the option to share games and save $120 at launch, for those that like to get a few games.

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft decides to price it at $399 if pre-orders don't pick up. If they offer this thing at $399 with Kinect 2.0, it will be a game changer ... and Microsoft has the money to take the initial loss on console price.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
          Asking for evidence in a thread when 90% of the negative rumors posted have been turned false isn't a douche bag move. I simply base my opinions on the actual evidence instead of the rumors I hear. The only evidence that I've seen so far is that Respawn went to XB1 because of the cloud computing. If a report comes out from MS or Respawn saying they paid a certain amount to keep it an exclusive, I am perfectly willing to accept that. It doesn't matter either way to me.
          Like Swarley, and I'm sure a few others, said, it's fucking common sense. If you think this had anything to do with anything besides money than I'm not sure you would ever understand anything about the gaming industry. M$ threw tons of doll hairs at EA and Respawn so of course they are going to talk up the new box and make it looks like it has nothing to do with them now wiping their asses with $100 bills. Just look at the developers making exclusives for the WiiU. They'll tell you that it's because it has a sweet tablet controller and it's actually more powerful than a 360 or PS3. Please tell me you don't believe that too?

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Thanks to ignorant gamers, the best feature on either console is now gone. Travesty.
            Are they? Or are they looking through the thinly veiled bullshit from MS? Maybe people didn't want to deal with the DRM and Kinect being forced down their throats, all for $100 more? It could go either way.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

I think the Kinect is going to surprise some people with how useful it really is. I personally can't wait to use it. The seamless transition between apps without having to go through several menus to get it sounds amazing on its own.
              I'm just hoping I can finally scan my skateboard into a game.

Comment

• Primetime
                Thank You Prince
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                Are they? Or are they looking through the thinly veiled bullshit from MS? Maybe people didn't want to deal with the DRM and Kinect being forced down their throats, all for $100 more? It could go either way.
                The $100 price tag is absolutely meaningless with the shared games feature. Personally, I would have saved $180 with it just on launch day alone.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

The $100 price tag is absolutely meaningless with the shared games feature. Personally, I would have saved $180 with it just on launch day alone.
                  If only it was as rainbows and skittles as you thought it was though. But it's a moot point now that the alleged feature will never see the light of day.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                    RIP West
                    • Jul 2009

What really sucks about this is now I have to have a disc in the tray to play. I really liked the idea of just being able to select which game I want, this was a lot more convenient.

Comment

• Primetime
                      Thank You Prince
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Golden Taters
                      What really sucks about this is now I have to have a disc in the tray to play. I really liked the idea of just being able to select which game I want, this was a lot more convenient.
                      Making the kinect less convenient in the process. Nothing about this news is a good thing.

Comment

• dave
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Golden Taters
                        I sorta get what you're saying, but are you so lazy you can't walk 6 feet to get the disc and put it in the console?

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                          I sorta get what you're saying, but are you so lazy you can't walk 6 feet to get the disc and put it in the console?
                          I am. I've been playing a lot more digital games recently and it's ever so convenient. Thanks to PS+ I've been downloading all sorts of games that I already own on disc and either haven't got around to playing or haven't finished. It's so much easier just booting up the game instead of hunting for the game and popping the disc in.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                            RIP West
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by dave
                            No, I'm just saying it is a lot more convenient, I could just download the game and be done with it. Didn't have to worry about discs getting scratched and becoming unreadable either.

Comment

• dave
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                              I am. I've been playing a lot more digital games recently and it's ever so convenient. Thanks to PS+ I've been downloading all sorts of games that I already own on disc and either haven't got around to playing or haven't finished. It's so much easier just booting up the game instead of hunting for the game and popping the disc in.
                              Again, I sorta get what you're saying. I have all 8 seasons of 24 on DVD or Blu-Ray, but Netflix is admittedly more convenient. I have zero issues with the move to downloaded content, I just don't want to be spied on ... and if I want to give an old game to a friend, that friend shouldn't have to go through airport security. Frankly, too many people I know will just repulse the airport security people looking at them nude.

Comment

• MVPete
                                Old School
                                • Mar 2008

I hope everyone who posted in this thread dies at some point this year.

Comment

Working...