X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

[PS4] Killzone 4 coming at PS4 launch?

Will Killzone 4 Come to PlayStation 4 Later This Year?
    A source tells VideoGamer.com “yes”.

Originally posted by IGN
    For the last week, it’s been all but expected that on February 20th, Sony will finally reveal the PlayStation 4 (or whatever it will end up being called). And rumors abound that the console may be released by the end of this year, at least in Sony’s home country of Japan and in the world’s biggest market, the United States.

But what good would that console be without games? We’ve speculated recently about what Sony’s own studios are doing, and we even wondered if games like the next Killzone and Gran Turismo would be revealed at the New York City event.

A rumor posted on VideoGamer.com indicates that we may be seeing the next entry in the primary Killzone series very soon. “Killzone 4 will release later this year on Sony’s next-generation PlayStation,” according to the site’s source, later noting that the same source’s “comments suggest that Killzone 4 could be a launch window title for the unannounced hardware, which is rumored to go on sale by the end of 2013.”

Guerrilla Games, the Sony-owned Dutch studio behind the Killzone franchise, hasn't released a new game in two years, and has openly admitted that it has multiple projects in development, including more Killzone and a brand-new IP. Their British arm, Guerrilla Cambridge (formerly Sony Cambridge) is currently working on Killzone: Mercenary for PlayStation Vita, which is due out in September.

We reached out to Sony for comment; they declined to comment on rumor and speculation.
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

It would be a good idea by Sony to have this game at launch. Most launch titles suck major balls.

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

Will playstation 4 come this year?

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jms493
        Will playstation 4 come this year?

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I can't say that I'm really surpised by this considering Killzone 3 came out two years ago.

They will need a big name shooter (not named CoD) at launch and since Resistance is done...

Comment

• Point Blank
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            I can't say that I'm really surpised by this considering Killzone 3 came out two years ago.

They will need a big name shooter (not named CoD) at launch and since Resistance is done...
            Actually a next gen COD wouldn't even be all that bad..

I hope RB6 will be a launch title

Comment

Working...