well then...might be buying a new tv tomorrow

Comment

• ryne candy
      Aggie C/O '01
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
      So....They'll price match any1 now?

well then...might be buying a new tv tomorrow

I would think they match the big online stores and online sites that have stores in the local area. I know Best Buy managers could reject matching an online price if they thought it was too big of a difference and not beneficial to them during the holidays.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
        I would think they match the big online stores and online sites that have stores in the local area. I know Best Buy managers could reject matching an online price if they thought it was too big of a difference and not beneficial to them during the holidays.
        I havent read the CAG thread or tried anything but what you say is probably true.

1. Managers will likely still refuse certain matches with stupid loopholes as excuses. Thats fine...theyll just lose a sale to Amazon.

2. Ive noticed this alot before Im certain it will just expand. But certain items are "store" exclusive. Example Sony puts out a 150$ MSRP Blu Ray player. Same exact player will be 99$ at amazon as model SONYBR-150...But as BestBuy theyll package and label it as SONYBR-140B. Same exact item but you cant price match because its a different SKU. This is what the entire shitty Mattress industry is built on. You can barely comparison shop because the same mattress will be labeled differently in every store.
        BB still has the clout to lean manufacturers towards this so I expect shareholder pressure to make them convert alot of items for this purpose.

3. Good for BB and great for consumers. Alot of items Id buy in person like storage solutions , games , peripherals if they can match the Amazon price.
        However I had my first taste of "same day shipping" and good lawd that is gonna fuck up alot of shit for many retailers.
        Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
          I'm sure it all depends on the store but I had them match a GoHastings price not long ago.

Comment

Working...