Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinsane
    • Nov 2008

What Am I Missing About FUT?

So, I bought the game on release and played a career through two seasons. I recently had to purchase an online pass because, I lost the original and just recently had the option again for online gaming. I jump at a $20 card at Kroger and get home and spend $10 on the online pass and the other $10 on Fifa Points.

So I make a few purchases. Start building my team. I'm a proud American and that's what my FUT is going to represent. I'm currently trying to compete in the Bronze Nations Cup Online. And every time I link up online it's like I'm playing super squads. I don't understand it.

It's hard to explain without video but it seems like their awareness is turned all the way up. Like my opponent knows my decision before I do. I can go left, right, flick it. Doesn't matter his defender is ALWAYS in the right place. I have point blank shots on goal and I'm missing every time.

The most frustrating thing about this is. I'm not a bad FIFA player. I've lost every game in OT or Penalties. It just seems unreal some of the squads that I'm playing against. They're supposed to meet the same criteria but are ten times better than my squad.

I've looked online for Tips, Tricks, Hints, anything to help my FUT game but all I can find is Bogus coin generators and FIFA point hoaxes. At this point I feel like I've wasted $20 but I don't want to just delete my team while I still have auctions going...

Which is the next part of my rant. What's the point? I've had 30 Gold cards on Auction that I'm never going to use. And not a single bid... not one. I've yet to sell a card on the auction house and my team has been live for almost two weeks now.

Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I seen catcheryea had a team worth $44M how about you tell me what the fuck I'm doing wrong?
    25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck
  • WrightStuff
    • Nov 2009

There's a couple things I would say. First is that you need to try and get as many coins as you can through games played and tournaments. This allows you to buy gold packs, etc.

As far as your team being worse: Many times the worse team will be rewarded and the other team handicapped. There's certain players that seemed to be handicapped (or their stats aren't really what they appear to be). You gotta figure out who those players are and are not. Stay away from the ones that are. I would also fiddle with the quick adjustments like Ultra Defensive, Defensive, Normal, Attacking, Ultra Attacking. Your opponent may be using the D-Pad to change his tactics to be more aggressive which is why they're all over you. Try and pass around it, and build slowly.

Id be happy to play you online sometime and see your team/how I could help.

As far as your cards that arent selling, you may be pricing them too high or they may just be bad gold cards that nobody wants. When people build Gold teams, they go for the best players for that team. So a lower rated gold player is worth less in coins than a high rated silver player. Use futhead.com to look up players and the prices theyre going for in the auction house. Put your buy-it-now price just below the average and it should sell.

Comment

• Vinsane
      • Nov 2008

Thanks Wright a lot of real helpful information. My PSN is " OrokuxSaki " send me a friend request sometime and we'll throw down on the virtual pitch.
      25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Hobbes
        Noob
        • Mar 2013

Basically what Wright said. Use futhead as much as possible. It is a great site, particularly for newer FUT players. And with the players not selling, i'd advise putting the player up at discard value with no buy now....unless of course they are a more valuable player. This helps get the player off the block.

Comment

• Argath
          $2 whore
          • Apr 2009

Don't buy gold packs, its a waste of money you get nothing good. You need to learn to play the market and figure out which players sell. A player with low pace and less than 80 overall is probably not going to sell. A player less than 77 overall is probably not gonna sell period. In order to make coins you need to buy low and sell high. You have to look for bargains in the auction house that you can flip for a quick profit. Be careful though because a lot of the times those players are cheap because they're in a shitty formation no one wants such as 3-4-1-2 or 5-2-2-1. The best formation that sells for the most is 4-1-2-1-2.

This brings me to the next point, make sure your team chem is 100. This is done in several ways. Your players need to be playing in the same league or be from the same country as the players around them. Your whole team doesn't need to be from the same league or same country, just players they are around. So if you're running a 4-3-2-1 then your striker needs to be from the same league or country as your LF and RF and so on and so forth. There are ways to build hybrid teams with multiple leagues and countries, just research fut 13 hybrid teams. Your managers country or league does not matter. The next part is you need to make sure all of your players are in the same formation, including your manager, and that you are running that formation. If you are running 4-1-2-1-2 then make sure none of your players are 3-4-2-1 formation cards. If they are you'll need to buy a formation change card and apply it to them. The last part of chemistry is the player position. Players don't like to play out of position and suffer from it. Don't play tevez at CDM, he won't be very good there. Same applies to Robinho at ST. The only exception to this rule is if you get a position change card and you apply to a player to change his position. For example I changed Tevez from a ST to a CAM (and he is nasty). You won't be able to change sides of the fields though, so if you have a LM or LB there is no way you will be able to change him to a RM or RB. Same applies to CM and ST, they won't be able to play LM or RM. Once your chemistry is 100 you will start to notice them performing as you said and they typically don't end up getting beat on defense unless you fuck up.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...