X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Association Ramble

Just wanted to ramble some on my Association I have going and see what you all thought of my roster moves.

Finished the season 36-46. Just a few games out of the playoffs in the East. Went into the off-season with some plans to improve my team over the short and long term.

I picked up the options on Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah. Both of whom are unhappy(morale down below 10%) but they were cheap to keep.

I cut loose Ben Gordon, Anthony Roberson, Aaron Gray, Lindsey Hunter, and Linton Johnson. Jerome James i dumped his salary to $0 and waived him. Pretty much reflecting the insurance buy out that will happen since he will never play in the NBA again due to his injury.

In the draft I had the 13th and 29th overall picks and a pick in the middle of the 2nd round.

My draft looked like this:

1st Round
    13th Pick; C Jerome Jordan, Tulsa.
    29th pick; PF Tyler Hansbrough, UNC.

2nd Round
    SG Dionte Christmas, Temple.

After the draft I swung a trade, the first of my own in this Association, with the Portland Trailblazers.

Bulls get
    Nicolas Batum

Blazers get
    Joakim Noah

Batum was bured behind Webster and Outlaw in Portland and will be my small forward of the future and Noah gives the Blazers depth at the 4 and 5 and gives them a better back up to Aldridge.

Now coming into free agency My roster/depth chart looks like this:

PG: Derrick Rose/Kirk Hinrich
    SG: John Salmons/Dionte Christmas
    SF: Luol Deng/Nicolas Batum
    PF: Tyler Hansbrough/Ty. Thmas/Ti. Thomas
    C: Jerome Jordan/Brad Miller

In free agency I'm looking to sign Luther Head. I just need an outside shooter for cheaper and he can play the 1 and 2 and is a pretty solid defender.

Deng, Hinrich, and Ty. Thomas are all on the trading block.

I'm the most worried about getting rid of Deng. I can't stand him. Any ideas?

And with Ty. Thomas being so unhappy I may move him to the Res. list and sign a cheap PF for depth and to fill the roster. Maybe someone like James Augustine. Just need "a guy".

What you all think?
    Last edited by FirstTimer; 03-20-2009, 02:04 PM.
  • mfbmike
    Goat****er
    • Nov 2008

Looks good. Hansbrough falling all the way to 29th pick though? lol. Throw deng on the block and see what gets offered your way. You could get lots in return if you package deng/hinrich/tyrus.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by mfbmike
      Looks good. Hansbrough falling all the way to 29th pick though? lol. Throw deng on the block and see what gets offered your way. You could get lots in return if you package deng/hinrich/tyrus.
      Not sure why him falling that far is funny?

Most mock drafts have him in the late 20's right now at best. Some in the 2nd round and ESPN doesn't even have him in their top 30.

The first 3 mocks on a Google search for NBA draft have him going:
      28th
      29th
      29th

And as mentioned before ESPN dropped him from their top 30

I've been updating the mock for months adding players, taking some out and updating ratigns to reflect where they are being ranked: Top 5, Lottery, Mid-Late 1st, 2nd Round, Undrafted.

Moving on...

Yeah I'm not looking for a ton back for any of those guys. I'd take scrubs for any of them and maybe some picks. Hinrich I'm the most willing to hang on to just because he's the best of them and his contract decreases in value over the next few season.

I can always just decline Thomas' option next season as well and wave good bye to him.

Deng HAS to go though and I'm hoping to get a package of some players and a pick for him.

Just not sure what team Deng would fit with?

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

Possibly Deng for Mike Miller and Kevin Love? Depending how Love did last season of course. It would give you a guy to fill Deng's spot and give you Love to put the unhappy Thomas on the reserve list.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Well got through Free Agency. Only signed Luther Head and James Augustine to fill out the roster as planned. My roster/depth chart looks like this:

PG: Rose/Hinrich
          SG: Salmons/Head/Christmas
          SF: Deng/Batum
          PF: Hansbrough/Ti. Thomas/Augustine/Ty.Thomas(res)
          C: Jordan/Miller

Put Tyrus Thomas on the reserve list.Figured I can get rebounding and scoring from Hansbrough.

Hinrich, Deng,and Ty Thomas are all on the block.

Played two games. Lost both.Was up by double digits in both but blew the lead.

First game was lost to Detroit(who signed Carlos Boozer). He lit me up for 36pts and 12reb.

Second game lost to the Wizards. They have Brandon Jennings as a rookie at PG. Their starting lineup is beastly.

Jennings
          Arenas
          Butler
          Jamison
          Haywood

Very good team.

I've been in both games but just go cold at bad times.

Deng isn't doing shit for me. Cold as hell from the field and just horrible on the defensive end. Batum has been getting HUGE minutes.

Here are some notable stat leaders:

Rose: 18ppg 8apg
          Salmons: 17ppg
          Batum: 18ppg 5rpg
          Hansbrough: 11.5ppg 9.5rpg
          Jordan: 10ppg 6.5rpg 1.5bpg

Head:10ppg
          Ti. Thomas: 6.5ppg 6rpg
          Miller: 6ppg 6rpg

I REALLY like my team but need to figure out how to pull out wins. Hopefully I can break the streak soon...

Originally posted by primetime
          Possibly Deng for Mike Miller and Kevin Love? Depending how Love did last season of course. It would give you a guy to fill Deng's spot and give you Love to put the unhappy Thomas on the reserve list.
          I'd do that but I really just want some scrubs and a pick or two. Plus McHale and Minny loves Love and doubt they'd give him up for a marginal wing player....We will see what happens on the block and see if I can get rid of him.

The more I think about it the more I think I may turn this into an Association to follow here...Thoughts?
          Last edited by FirstTimer; 03-22-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...