Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

I don't know if I respect you guys or think you're insane. But I did check the thread and thought it was interesting, so I suspect I am the crazy one.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• MrBill
      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
      • Feb 2009

Pretty impressive to make it 342 laps in an endurance race Swarley. You and the guys got some good experience for the next one you tackle.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
        ...is amazing.
        • Feb 2009

We made it on Motorsport (see the video they linked).

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
          http://www.motorsport.com/general/ne...ven-on-iracing

We made it on Motorsport (see the video they linked).
          Holy crap! That's awesome... although the video... lol. Damn prototype. We also made it into one of their screenshots.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
            ...is amazing.
            • Feb 2009

I knew they were in our race when I saw the name Joe Adgie, since I remember "racing" (i.e. getting passed) by him in one of my stints. Then when I heard about how he exited the race, I was like 'that sounds familiar...'. Video confirmed it. Thought that was pretty cool.

I'm just happy he didn't bash us for ending their race. There was nothing you could do. Sucks that it ended that way for them.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
              I'm just happy he didn't bash us for ending their race. There was nothing you could do. Sucks that it ended that way for them.
              Yeah, there's no place for me or the prototype behind me to go, or any time to react either. Such an odd place to spin, too. I don't think I've ever seen anyone spin it going into that corner. Exiting that corner, all the time, but entering? Not so much.
              Last edited by Swarley; 01-20-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 coming next season (June). Assuming they'll pit it against the Corvette in a new GT1 series. Should be pretty fun and hopefully give that series a huge boost.

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

Ran my first race today since that race-ending crash at the Daytona 24H in January. I ended up running GT3 at Road America. Tonight was just about making it to the finish without any fuck ups to get some confidence back. 23 cars on the grid, I started from my pit box. Ended up spinning through a corner on my cold tires on my out lap... that was dumb. However, the rest of the race was pretty smooth. I didn't have much a pace, but that will come with a couple more races. Due to some wrecks ahead of me, I was able to bring my McLaren home in P10.

It felt really good to finally get back out on the track. Can't wait to put some more time in this weekend.

Comment

• Swarley
                    A Special Kind of Cat
                    • Jul 2010

Ran an hour and 40 minute race at the Long Beach street circuit tonight for a league. It was the LMP2 HDP and the GT1 Corvette C6.R and I drove the Vette. Getting that big bastard around some of those tight street corners was tough. Figured I'd just take it easy and try to survive the race, so I held back about 2-3 seconds per lap and doing so I was able to bring it home P3 in the GT class.

I did have a lot of fun, though. It was really my first time using the Corvette in an actual race. I might have to run the official GT1 series this summer.

Oh... and I was messing with the livery for the Corvette today before the race. Here's what she looks like so far.

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

This certainly had me puckered for a couple of seconds...

Ran another GT3 race at Road America tonight. I was going to have to grid right in the middle... which, when I'm just trying to get some race laps under my belt, I don't want to be at the start. So again, I started from my pit box. Felt really comfortable in the car tonight and kept her out of trouble the whole time. Made some passes here and there and passed some cars that pitted for damage. Brought her home in P10 again. A couple more laps and I would have had P9 as I was catching him about 2 seconds per lap at the end.

Probably going to run Corvette Challenge at Monza and Star Mazda at Motegi this week.
                      Last edited by Swarley; 04-19-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Swarley
                        A Special Kind of Cat
                        • Jul 2010

Comment

Working...