Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

[XB1] Halo 2: Anniversary

Halo 2: Anniversary Edition will release ahead of Halo 5, according to Master Chief voice actor Steve Downes.

Downes told GameZone that while Halo 5 isn't likely to launch until 2015, fans could expect a Halo 2 remake this year.

"I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5," Downes explained.

"I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

Downes's comments echo leaked reports on NeoGAF, which claimed that the Halo 2 remake would debut in November.

The package will reportedly contain access to an upcoming Halo 5 beta, as well as a live-action Halo TV show.

It has also been suggested that the game will feature an alternative ending.

2011's Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary contained HD visuals, as well as a co-operative campaign and online multiplayer.

• MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

If it doesn't have multiplayer, which I'm betting it won't, and they charge damn near full price like they did with Halo 1, they can blow me.

I'll just wait for it to hit $20 or less.

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

Why the hell would a remake of arguably the greatest online first person shooter NOT have online multiplayer?

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
          Why the hell would a remake of arguably the greatest online first person shooter NOT have online multiplayer?
          Just wait.

If you notice that info that was released mentions nothing of mp. I would think that would be the first thing they would mention.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

What is your reasoning behind that thinking? Just a hunch?

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

The game has not been officially announced by Microsoft. It was leaked by accident by the Voice actor for MC. This is all speculative.

Halo 1 Anniversary had competitive multi-player (Halo Reach like)...therefore when this gets announced it will have it as well.
              Last edited by jms493; 03-04-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Like the first game's anniversary edition, which ran MP modes and maps with the Halo Reach engine as well as including a free download to play them within Reach, I expect this to be the same with Halo 2 and Halo 4.

You could also purchase the six remastered maps and the Firefight map as DLC if you only wanted the maps, and had no interest in the game.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                  PTFO
                  • Mar 2009

There is already a thread for this :o

I didn't post this news to the thread back when it came out though because the voice actor said the next day that he was taken out of context and that he "doesn't know anything" about a Halo 2 Anniversary. Probably just got scolded by MS for confirming.

Comment

• Pitty
                    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                    • Feb 2009

What is your reasoning behind that thinking? Just a hunch?
                    Because Microsoft hates its customers.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                      PTFO
                      • Mar 2009

Just like when people constantly said they wanted a ranking system ala Halo 2 in Halo 4, but 343 didn't want to put it in because they didn't like the idea.

They did finally cave and put in some half assed ranking system that noone could even see unless you logged into their crappy version of battlelog.

Comment

Working...