X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
    Jeez, Bill. You kinda sound fanboyish there.
    Honestly, when I turn on my 360 to play Tiger Woods 14, most of my Xbox friends are playing the Xbox One ... but there's no sugar-coating the fact that the Xbox One has been a disappointment both commercially and critically. I cheer for both consoles to succeed, I will eventually own both, but sugar-coating the Xbox One is getting more difficult by the day.
    I own every console on the market today so it's hard for me to be a fanboy. The Xbox One sales have been a little underwhelming but there is plenty of time for it to bounce back. The 360 won the previous generation war and most of those people haven't upgraded yet and MS is still selling a good many 360's. Once they announce (all but a given) the $100 price cut at E3 and package a digital download in with the console, I believe they will be neck and neck with Sony within a few months as the 360 owners have incentive to upgrade.

Comment

• KNUBB
      WHITE RONDO
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
      I own every console on the market today so it's hard for me to be a fanboy. The Xbox One sales have been a little underwhelming but there is plenty of time for it to bounce back. The 360 won the previous generation war and most of those people haven't upgraded yet and MS is still selling a good many 360's. Once they announce (all but a given) the $100 price cut at E3 and package a digital download in with the console, I believe they will be neck and neck with Sony within a few months as the 360 owners have incentive to upgrade.

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

I'm speaking strictly US and Canada, the Japan numbers for PS3 skew everything and don't mean anything to us-

Xbox 360 - 46.47M
        Playstation 3 - 28.43M

VGChartz - extensive game chart coverage, including sales data, news, reviews, forums, & game database for PS5, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch & PC

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

You know we're cool, Bill, but you come across as a fanboy where the Xbox One is concerned. Not sure if it's because you're trying to promote the site ... but you just come across as a fanboy.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• KNUBB
            WHITE RONDO
            • Jun 2009

I'm speaking strictly US and Canada, the Japan numbers for PS3 skew everything and don't mean anything to us-

Xbox 360 - 46.47M
            Playstation 3 - 28.43M

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/pla...s/Hardware/NA/
            Thats like saying there is only 5 ish Billion people in the world cuz 3rd world countries and India don't matter

Comment

• MVPete
              Old School
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by KNUBB
              Thats like saying there is only 5 ish Billion people in the world cuz 3rd world countries and India don't matter
              Well since nobody in their right mind would ever want to go to any of those places, they really don't matter. Nobody here in America willingly goes to those places, and if they do they enjoy that flower game on playstation.

Comment

• KNUBB
                WHITE RONDO
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MVPepe
                Well since nobody in their right mind would ever want to go to any of those places, they really don't matter. Nobody here in America willingly goes to those places, and if they do they enjoy that flower game on playstation.
                You're right fuck it. Lets just boil it down to the 300+ Million in America as the world population cuz Murica right

Comment

• MVPete
                  Old School
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by KNUBB
                  You're right fuck it. Lets just boil it down to the 300+ Million in America as the world population cuz Murica right
                  Yes. If you were born in those places you discussed youprobably don't have a computer, don't have the internet, and don't know what a web forum is.

Comment

• MrBill
                    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                    You know we're cool, Bill, but you come across as a fanboy where the Xbox One is concerned. Not sure if it's because you're trying to promote the site ... but you just come across as a fanboy.
                    I think you are confusing me with Atlas. I try to be the voice of reason in all of these console discussions. My point remains valid that the 360 dominated the PS3 in the US and that those gamers have a lot invested in their gamer score and the XBL ecosystem. Once the Xbox One has the kinks worked out and the price point is right, the 360 embedded base is much more likely to stick with MS than change over to Sony.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

i would like to see knubbs sales numbers that include the world and counter bills post about the 360 winning the previous console war

Comment

• Atlas
                        BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                        • Feb 2010

I think you are confusing me with Atlas. I try to be the voice of reason in all of these console discussions. My point remains valid that the 360 dominated the PS3 in the US and that those gamers have a lot invested in their gamer score and the XBL ecosystem. Once the Xbox One has the kinks worked out and the price point is right, the 360 embedded base is much more likely to stick with MS than change over to Sony.
                        i have been critical of the xbone as well, dont throw me under the bus b/c dave drunkenly (and wrongly) calls you out.

that being said, the xbone will most likely win North America again, once they do all that crap bill talked about. also, i wouldnt discount being first into china, which right now looks like it will be the bone... if only 5% of their population buys the bone, that number alone will be more than the worldwide total of 360's sold since its launch, which is

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                          #DoSomething
                          • Feb 2009

Meh, I don't think it's a death blow, but, I'm starting to get bored with my XBOne. Not enough games. Still having a blast with TF though. My only real issue is that the console itself is so damn fickle.

I go to turn it on and take out a game (i.e. Fifa 14) and the disc tray won't respond or eject the game. Or, when it does eject the game, I put in a new disc and it doesn't read it. Instead it gives me a message about having to buy the digital copy. Only way to fix is a hard reset.

Other times, the game will be in the drive and it kicks me back to the home screen when I try and select it. Requiring another hard reset. There are also times where I shut the console down with a game in the drive. When I turn it back on, I go to select the game and instead of loading the game up, it takes me right to where I left off - as if there was no loading operation and as if the game was just left on all night. Only difference is that, when that happens, I can't log in to the game's server for online play.

SO...as much as I LOVE TF, and believe it is the best FPS I have ever played, I would rather go back to my PS3 and just wait until summer or fall to pick up a PS4. I'm that frustrated with the operational issues of my XBOne right now. It was running great up until last week and now it sucks.
                          Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• christguz
                            I turned into a martian
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
                            Meh, I don't think it's a death blow, but, I'm starting to get bored with my XBOne. Not enough games. Still having a blast with TF though. My only real issue is that the console itself is so damn fickle.

I go to turn it on and take out a game (i.e. Fifa 14) and the disc tray won't respond or eject the game. Or, when it does eject the game, I put in a new disc and it doesn't read it. Instead it gives me a message about having to buy the digital copy. Only way to fix is a hard reset.

Other times, the game will be in the drive and it kicks me back to the home screen when I try and select it. Requiring another hard reset. There are also times where I shut the console down with a game in the drive. When I turn it back on, I go to select the game and instead of loading the game up, it takes me right to where I left off - as if there was no loading operation and as if the game was just left on all night. Only difference is that, when that happens, I can't log in to the game's server for online play.

SO...as much as I LOVE TF, and believe it is the best FPS I have ever played, I would rather go back to my PS3 and just wait until summer or fall to pick up a PS4. I'm that frustrated with the operational issues of my XBOne right now. It was running great up until last week and now it sucks.
                            If you don't want to resume your game where you left it off you can simply turn off that setting.

Sent from The Fortress of Solitude.
                            "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                              #DoSomething
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by christguz
                              If you don't want to resume your game where you left it off you can simply turn off that setting.

Sent from The Fortress of Solitude.
                              Problem is I never turned on a setting for it and it only just started. The only game that does it is Fifa. None of the others have that issue.
                              Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Atlas
                                BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                                • Feb 2010

it does that to me with forza sometimes, i just physically quit the game (home screen, start button, quit game), and restart it (hit start button again, click go fullscreen) and it works...

Comment

Working...